List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

If we replace Battle with a 31 year old then soon we’ll need to replace the replacement. It’s a vicious cycle, we need long term players.

That's true , but if we have faith that someone like Shoey will be able to fill the role, it makes more sense to get an oldy to bridge the gap, than to fork our draft capital for someone of Battle's prowess.

No disrespect to the band...but when I hear or read anything that Josh Jenkins has said...all I can see in my minds eye is this image.
1728058167159.jpeg

Sad end for him considering his comments about wanting to play on then obviously not having any suitors. Probably deserved to retire, get a lap around the G with the Olympians and walk away from the AFL rather than how we and he played it out.

Nothing to do with how we played it. We were honest with him probably from mid season that we thought he was done. He could either accept that or not. He chose not to and this is how it ended up. He was perfectly able to retire. I love the guy, warrior for the club for years, but this one’s not on us.

“Dad why is my sisters name Violet?”

“Because your Mum loves Violets”

“Thanks Dad”

“No problems, Pick 8 Compensation Pick for Josh Battle

Colac has tonight announced former St Kilda star Seb Ross as co-coach of the club,

The Tigers have beaten out Leopold for the signature of the 31-year-old, who was delisted after 211 games in 13 seasons with the Saints last month.

Ross was confirmed as joining the club at Colac’s presentation night this evening.
Another Ex-Afl player coming down my way. It's great for local footy and gets the locals to the game.

There are also whispers that Tom Hawkins is playing for Port Fairy in the Hampden league.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reading this, Battle was never staying. Mitchell and his wife got their hooks into battle and his partner from the start.

"It just felt right for me and my family from the moment we met Sam and Lyndall. I'm really excited by the next challenge and next phase of my career," he said.
SOS knew

Colac has tonight announced former St Kilda star Seb Ross as co-coach of the club,

The Tigers have beaten out Leopold for the signature of the 31-year-old, who was delisted after 211 games in 13 seasons with the Saints last month.

Ross was confirmed as joining the club at Colac’s presentation night this evening.
Was Seb in attendance at our B&F

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly considering he was only ever going to one club it's incredible that we ended up with band one. Still not sure how SOS managed to pull it off, pretty incredible outcome for Josh too to become one of the highest paid players in the comp.

Credit where it's due, SOS has made the most out of this and a number of other trade situations since coming to the club.

Meanwhile, the fact the Premiers are getting the best player in the draft as a freebie goes relatively unmentioned by the media.
If they want to look at flaws in the system look no further than the current father-son rule.
Will be very interesting to see what the media have to say about that come Draft time.If the Battle compensation is a freebie,Brisbane's F/S Pick is likely to be a Robbery

Honestly considering he was only ever going to one club it's incredible that we ended up with band one. Still not sure how SOS managed to pull it off, pretty incredible outcome for Josh too to become one of the highest paid players in the comp.

Credit where it's due, SOS has made the most out of this and a number of other trade situations since coming to the club.
Look let’s judge him in a few weeks

No disrespect to the band...but when I hear or read anything that Josh Jenkins has said...all I can see in my minds eye is this image.
View attachment 2132091
It's too early in the morning obviously.

I was wondering "dickspanner" or "spannerdick"?

The eyes opened a little more and saw just plain "Tool". oh well

Woke up early and thought to myself, how bloody good was yesterday.

Firstly the suspense, the outcome, the emotion.

Secondly the hatred, the salty tears, the uproar.

It’s us vs them, and I ****ing loved it !

If these are the things we need to enjoy and feed off until we win that second premiership, I’m going to ride every moment of it.

Hypothetical

Would you trade pick 8 and our second round this year to GWS for 15,16 and a future first (would be around 15-16 again you would assume). Points wise this would be the equivalent of us receiving a pick 19 or so.

Then trade 15,16 and our future first to Freo for Brayshaw and pick 11 this year? If we had a pick around 10-12 next year that would value Brayshaw at pick 4.

Essentially leaving us with 7 and 10 this year. Losing a second round this year, And sliding back our first next year to GWS spot, whilst getting Brayshaw.

Hypothetical

Would you trade pick 8 and our second round this year to GWS for 15,16 and a future first (would be around 15-16 again you would assume). Points wise this would be the equivalent of us receiving a pick 19 or so.

Then trade 15,16 and our future first to Freo for Brayshaw and pick 11 this year? If we had a pick around 10-12 next year that would value Brayshaw at pick 4.

Essentially leaving us with 7 and 10 this year. Losing a second round this year, And sliding back our first next year to GWS spot, whilst getting Brayshaw.
Of course we would, the only problem is that Giants and Freo would never consider it for a second.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back