List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking and yeah he's a little shorter than I realised at 188, but he still seems to be more of an interceptor which I think Battle was.
From memory, he's smaller than Wilkie when the are next to each other. I think he's way into the senior side is to be a Webster replacement but even then, he needs to improve a lot defensively this pre season for that to occur.

this flippant talk about our future first is disturbing,we either need it for ldu/brayshaw etc,or if they do the usual and tell us not interested,we need it for next years draft

taper down the excitement levels,we have a good hand this year already,lets keep something for next year

badly worded,should have said if we use it we need assurance from ldu/brayshaw that they are coming as an ufa,or we need to use it,cant use it assuming any of those guys are coming

Last edited:
Your reasoning really not right - last year Crouch you can say didn't play , Ross is past it and the reason he has been delisted , Membery played a few good games when the season was over and has not been offered a good contract because they know his best is behind him.

However Battle is a loss but he was no Tom Stewart or Sicily and has to be remembered we never had Howard , Wood , Webster from round 3 to round 7 last year and we lost 4 of those 5 games so really missing only Battle is not going to be massive , but keeping most of our players on the park is.
During this period as well Sinclair was far from his best due to his restricted preseason.

I rate Wood highly due to his ability to to fill holes in the backline , Webster as well due to his ability to read play - both are aging but are still vital cogs in our game plan.

But you realize this year we played crap and lost to 5 teams by 10 points or under and only missed the 8 by 2 games.

And during this time we had injuries to Howard , Wood , Clark , Dow , Henry , King , Dow suspensions to Webster , Higgins.
Also with the injury prone crocs - Jones / Hayes / Crouch not able to play made us play first year rookies - however this could well benefit us in the future.

Next season
MaCrae
gain / against Crouch who didn't play
Clark / he missed half the season and showed he can play when not injured
King / surely he will be able to get back on the field next season
Owens / expect big improvement in his development
Windhager / improving every year
Sharman / now starting to really impact games - once given a periment position as a forward.
Henry / showed he is special and if healthy is dangerous as anyone around.
Phillipou / dropped then came back and showed he is going to be a mid we have been looking for.
Wilson / will only be better next season.
Garcia / Hastie / Schoemaker / McLennan in there 2nd season could easily step up.

We all know our Achilles heal our midfield - this year without Crouch severely hurt us and with injuries to Clark , Jones , Dow left the work load on Steele and Seb Ross who we know is not the answer in our midfield and requiring Windhager to carry the load which was a task to big against most teams.

Next year with trusty Steele and the addition of MaCrae and now a seasoned Windhager with Phillipou who could be our point of difference in the guts with a host of other players that we didn't see last year much due to injury - like Hunter Clark , Dow and Jones.
Also who knows if Lyon gives Henry , Owens or Wilson a crack in the midfield.

To me our forward line will only get better now once Henry , Sharman , Owens , Higgins and King get settled in.

Our backline line will be fine knowing Lyon game plan builds from defense with our halfbacks in Sinclair and Nas - with Wilkie and Howard taking care of the key forwards.

With all this with a better draw and less injuries we should be playing finals , from there it all depends on how much our kids step up - Windhager , Hammer , Wilson , Phillipou , Owens , Henry and if our experienced players have a solid year anything could happen.
everyone forgetting about Lance. Ross loves him.

Would have to be someone above us. That means Essendon trading 9 + Future 1st for 2/3. If that's the deal then we can easily swoop in and make a better offer to North or WC (8 + Future 1st For 2/3).

If Essendon List Management think about their situation they will understand there is only two options:

1) Take our deal
2) Call our bluff

They can't trade up, we have them over a barrel, they need to take our Future 1st for Pick 9 and hope we finish bottom 5 next year or risk losing their academy player who looks an electric prospect and is a positional need for them.
Why can't they trade P9 for P15&16 with GWS

Just looking and yeah he's a little shorter than I realised at 188, but he still seems to be more of an interceptor which I think Battle was.
I still think we might see something outstanding in Ari Shoenmaker ext season. From almost relinquishing his dream of becoming an AFL footballer because of an indiscretion of his own which earned him a 10 week ban & after getting onto our list was then sent to Sandringham to train last summer to learn how to become an AFL team member, would be a lot for a young guy. But he is obviously a determined young guy as proven by making his debut this season, with another full preseason under his belt even with lack of games, I think he is going to be the next best thing at the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one of those would be classified as best 23 by seasons end.
Which is a good thing and I'm all for the youth movement, but it still means a younger and likely more inconsistent line up (which is all I'm saying).

I have no expectations of where we finish on the ladder next year, but won't be surprised if it's lower, so I'd be reluctant to involve a F1 unless a deal is clearly in our favour.

Just an opinion though, play on SOS!

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

They currently have 9.31&82
They trade for 15 & 16 that's an extra pick for them to possibly get another good pick
How do we know who and where bids on Kako
Because The Age was reporting he could be bid on as early as p6 by Melbourne

Depleted how?
McLobster for Crouch straight swap.
Long as Clark, Jones, Dow and Henry stay healthy and Pou and Garcia continue on their upward trajectory, with natural improvement from Windy and Owens, I think we can improve.
To clarify, by depleted, I am meaning our midfield is second rate at best when compared to others. 'Depleted of top-end talent.'

Some big if's and regular injury question marks on a number of those players above.

Ultimately we will have a younger team in (a very good thing), but will likely be more inconsistent as a result. It's unclear if we'll improve our ladder position, so need to be careful with a F1st pick.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thoughts on trading 7 to Essendon for 9 and 31? Extra second round pick for two spots back, Essendon don’t have to worry about losing their 1RP matching a Kako bid.

Pretty much what we did last year on draft night with the Giants.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back