List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Itā€™s not a thing. Clubs hate having an unhappy player hanging around in the dressing room being a bad influence. Regardless of the contract, if someoneā€™s unhappy, the club will exit them.

And similarly if they had compulsory trading of players.
"wah wah wah...look what they did to poor whatsis, making him and his family move to timbuktu , he was my best mate, this club is so shit ".

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="bird_man" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Was Barrett this upset when North got pick for Ben McKay?

No he wasnā€™t. But decides to sook about it now.

Heā€™s a salty campaigner. Seems to intensely dislike us.

Am I alone in thinking Battle would net a pick in the teens in a straight trade anyway? Just turned 26, key position which always cost more, top 3 in a bnf in one of the better backlines in the comp. That's always going to net a good pick in return.

Ratugolea was traded for pick 25 with minimal exposed form. We also small types like Baker and Noble being talked about being traded for picks in the teens this year. Why are people acting like a first rounder for Battle is the most obscene thing they've ever seen?

Ratugolea is a big guy, quite tall and quite solid. Pity about his football ability, Battle is a way better footballer.
Hawks damn them, timed him to perfection. 2024 was somewhat of a breakout year for him.

This post is like a condensed day of SEN talkback. Vague predictions, parroting of list managment guesswork, exaggeration of potential proposed contracts that may or may not have been offered.. the list goes on.

Honestly, if all your going to do is base your opinion of the club and its actions on rhetoric from clickbait media why even bother? It sounds absolutely miserable to be that way.
Vague predictions? Zero prediction were made in my post.

Exaggeration of potential contracts? Was he offered 8 years or not? It's pretty black and white.

Perhaps stop exaggarating yourself and read the post before responding.

The points regarding Battle and Thomas are bang on. These things are not happening at professional clubs. That is just a fact. The King contract is debatable, I think it's poor, others may not. Fair enough.

This whole world is against us attitude is a little over the top. Trade radio doesn't get it, media doesn't get it, everybody picks on us. Boo hoo.

I am happy to call it out when I think the club is doing dumb things. Couldn't care less what the media says about us, more than capable of forming my own opinion.

That is 3 howlers in a 2 month period.

No he wasnā€™t. But decides to sook about it now.

Heā€™s a salty campaigner. Seems to intensely dislike us.
maybe he read about our outing him for his thai rub and tug visits,also noted morris smirking in the background,when in south east asia i stream st.kcc firsts or 2nds game for a couple hours on a weekend,used to enjoy morris work behind the stumps in the 2nds,could tell he was a real smartass,now i wish an oppo batsmen had of clocked him with his bat

even twomeys recent replies to questions on macrae on gettable give"im going off big footy information"vibes,he pauses hesitates and is non commital,as if he has just read saints and dogs board comments,making it appear the trade wont be easy

Forgot about extra rookies and the Sandy selection.

So we can have 6 rookies + 3 Cat B rookies.

Current Rookies:
1. Hayes
2. Hall
3. Heath
4. Caminiti
5. (Vacant)
6. (Vacant)

Current Cat B:
1. McLennan
2. O'Connell
3. (Vacant)

Primary List probable vacancies:
1. Crouch (5)
2. Ross (6)
3. Battle (26)
4. Membrey (28)
5. Alison (30)
6. Van Es (31)
7. Paton (33)
8. Bonner (36)
9. Campbell (38)
10. Hotton (39)

Other vacant numbers
I missed that but helps us a lot. Cat B rookies or all rookie types?
Here you go

Surely not. Mids, mids, mids and mids are what we need. Then after that, we need another mid. We have Butler, Higgins and Collard. I'd be stunned if we spent 7 or 8 on a small forward.

Lets not get carried away with trying to replicate the Brisbane model with a reliance on small forwards.

Football playing styles change yearly, one thing that never changes is the need to have a good midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does not look like the club has much faith in Heath making it tbh. The one year extension looks like a bit of bash and hope.
Reckon Keeler will get a game this year?

Will Damo be able to cope when Collingwood get a top 10 pick for Johnny Noble?

80S Mind Blown GIF

Vague predictions? Zero prediction were made in my post.

Exaggeration of potential contracts? Was he offered 8 years or not? It's pretty black and white.

Perhaps stop exaggarating yourself and read the post before responding.

The points regarding Battle and Thomas are bang on. These things are not happening at professional clubs. That is just a fact. The King contract is debatable, I think it's poor, others may not. Fair enough.

This whole world is against us attitude is a little over the top. Trade radio doesn't get it, media doesn't get it, everybody picks on us. Boo hoo.

I am happy to call it out when I think the club is doing dumb things. Couldn't care less what the media says about us, more than capable of forming my own opinion.

That is 3 howlers in a 2 month period.
Calling something insanely reckless is a prediction that it will bad. Like, how is that even questionable?

Exaggeration of potential contracts was referencing all the proposed trillion dollar offers the media throw around with no actual proof. If you actually believe we just approached Merrett out of the blue offering him 1.5 a year for 6 years then I have a harbour bridge to sell you. I dont know why you thought I was questioning the validity of a media released contract like King's.

Claiming that the Battle issue is going to influence players coming is quite literally straight out of Kane Cornes mouth along with long contract issues. And yes, the media absolutely do find it favourable to shit talk us as it gets clicks and engagement. Unlike you, I dont let it form my opinion (not fact buddy, just opinion) so unquestionably.

Does not look like the club has much faith in Heath making it tbh. The one year extension looks like a bit of bash and hope.

Really don't understand this, doesn't have injury issues, has talent and all the tools to be a good ruckman.

He is 21 years old.

Strange decision.

Pretty much this.

North would love to trade down unless we thought FOS was a chance at generational and available through injury like wardlaw.

I was going to ask this board, what would you be willing to pay for northā€™s F1?

Would you do it for pick 9 and your second?

Also, im not saying this to start a fight or whatever, but the number of posts on LDU like itā€™s just a matter of when is astounding. Aside from the small matter of him categorically saying heā€™s staying at north, he will be the no 1 target of every Melbourne club. Ainā€™t happening sainters.
Zero chance of st Kilda doing that deal.

Am I alone in thinking Battle would net a pick in the teens in a straight trade anyway? Just turned 26, key position which always cost more, top 3 in a bnf in one of the better backlines in the comp. That's always going to net a good pick in return.

Ratugolea was traded for pick 25 with minimal exposed form. We also small types like Baker and Noble being talked about being traded for picks in the teens this year. Why are people acting like a first rounder for Battle is the most obscene thing they've ever seen?
Nope, I completely agree with you. If it had been a standard trade we would have been asking for Hawthorns first rounder.
Anyone starting with the idea he was worth akin to Ratugolea doesnt pay much attention to football. Battle is a much much better player then Ratugolea, even playing 1on1 defence.

Had he been going from an Essendon the starting talk would have been mid first rounder.

He was an automatic selection at age 20 before a horrific leg break derailed his career. No one was complaining about his skills back then.
He had pace a big leap and was hard at it. If you look at the star players he took on and kept quiet he was tracking to be a very handy player.

Heā€™s not the first player to struggle after a bad break like that, unfortunately I think his best is probably behind him.

If the club didn't have faith in Heath they would've delisted him and drafted a ruck (which they still might do but seems unlikely)

The one year extension looks like they DO have faith in him and are giving him another opportunity to prove himself. Would've been silly to give him 2 given he is yet to debut and has been around for 3+ years

If the club didn't have faith in Heath they would've delisted him and drafted a ruck (which they still might do but seems unlikely)

The one year extension looks like they DO have faith in him and are giving him another opportunity to prove himself. Would've been silly to give him 2 given he is yet to debut and has been around for 3+ years
The club needs Heath as a backup ruck at the moment, and might as well give him a few games in the seniors next season to see if he can take the next step in development, but the ball is in his court I guess. I can't see much upside with Keeler tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back