List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I just read Jake Stringer 30yo is expected to get traded to GWS for pick #52 a player who kicked 40 goals this year. Hopefully the Bulldogs see this and become a lot more reasonable with their expectations for Macrae.

I know we’re in off-season optimism mode but trading our future first for pick 9 is a terrible idea. We were basically a kick away from bottom four this year, way too risky to trade potentially a top 3-5 pick for a far less valuable pick 9. Unless Nick Daicos and Lachie Neale are magically appearing in our midfield next year our first rounder must be untouchable.

Nah- we need elite kids developing asap with our list profile.
5 out of the 9 players still at the club from our bnf top 10 are about to (or already) hit 30.

Pulling fwd next years first mean a year extra in the system for an elite kid... works for us bigtime.

I know we’re in off-season optimism mode but trading our future first for pick 9 is a terrible idea. We were basically a kick away from bottom four this year, way too risky to trade potentially a top 3-5 pick for a far less valuable pick 9. Unless Nick Daicos and Lachie Neale are magically appearing in our midfield next year our first rounder must be untouchable.

Next year’s draft is said to be heavily influenced by Academy selections so even if we got a top 5 pick it’s likely it would get pushed back to around the 7-9 mark anyway.

If we did end up wanting a first rounder next year we could always trade one in via giving away our 2026 or 2027 one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Disagree. Get the great kids this year. Free Agent/s next year.

You mean when we were going to hand over the Gresham compensation pick (and maybe even more if I remember correctly?) and pay all of Shiel's contract for the privilege? :laughing:

Can't wait to turn their Pick 9 into an absolute superstar
I think it would be funniest to get their pick and overtly waste it.

With pick 9 St Kilda select...

Josh Bootsma

No ****en shit some bloke has taken a part out of his life to comment this on hawthorn Facebook page lmao

Josh Battle, to the Hawks' great nest,
With Casey and kids, you’re joining the best!
Bobbi and Billie, your bright little stars,
Together we’ll cheer, let’s raise our bars!
From St. Kilda you’ve come, with skills that impress,
In brown and gold colors, we’ll surely be blessed.
As you take to the field, hear the fans roar,
Hawthorn’s your home; we couldn’t ask for more!
So here’s to new journeys, adventures ahead,
With family beside you, there’s nothing to dread.
Welcome aboard, let’s make this a blast,
In the heart of the Hawks, your future is cast!
I
Where's the vomit emoji?

People in this forum if they were negotiating our Pick swaps

fe342466-570d-450e-b365-187c9971df9e_text.gif

Ok.
Signing on for the day I see I’ve missed 18 bloody pages.
Can anyone do me a big favour and just let me know if ANYTHING at all happened that may affect us.

Much as I luv yas all, I’m not wading through 18 pages…..😝

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok.
Signing on for the day I see I’ve missed 18 bloody pages.
Can anyone do me a big favour and just let me know if ANYTHING at all happened that may affect us.

Much as I luv yas all, I’m not wading through 18 pages…..😝
We’re all feeling ticklish because it seems we’re trying to get Essendon’s pick 9 🫶🏼🫶🏼

So are we signing Owies on an 800k contract??

Someone meaning a club has set Owies up to put a ridiculous asking price on his head, with the hope that Carlton cant arrange a trade and are forced to delist him. Its looks very much like a SOS ploy, but it seems Owies is happy to shaft them given the way he has been treated. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he ends up at Moorabbin for 2025.

C/o Copilot:

Saints strike gold in the draft's swirling dance,
With Essendon's pick 9, they seize their chance.
Now holding picks 7, 8, and 9 in hand,
They map out a Premiership dreamland.

"Clowns," some critics jeer with glee,
Yet Saints fans roar with wild esprit.
Like a hippopotamus, strong and grand,
Their dynasty rises, proud to stand.

Simon Dalrymple, the draft maestro’s touch,
With Stephen Silvagni, they create much.
Ross Lyon’s wisdom, a guiding light,
Their Premiership dreams, shining bright.

I just read Jake Stringer 30yo is expected to get traded to GWS for pick #52 a player who kicked 40 goals this year. Hopefully the Bulldogs see this and become a lot more reasonable with their expectations for Macrae.
I’ve just pissed off the bonbers board trying to break down this Kako bid scenario and dropped this little nugget too.

Got a few **** offs in the end. Not sure why. Was very polite.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back