List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know the saints have proposed anything?

If pick 27 and our future first is such an amazing deal, why wouldn't Gold Coast offer Pick 22 and their future first?

They have just as much reason to want to fast track their development as we do.

It would give them pick 9 to replace the pick 13 that's likely going to Collingwood or Carlton.
Because I would assume that any GCS early picks would be swallowed up on Academy kids again this year!

**** Me.

They deleted my posts. That were legitimate and factual.

Aswell as providing the herald sun article saying p56 for stringer… when I replied to a bloke who was saying they would get a F2 Connor Stone a Pick the 40s and 50s.

**** Me.

Aswell as providing the herald sun article saying p56 for stringer… when I replied to a bloke who was saying they would get a F2 Connor Stone a Pick the 40s and 50s.
We have Bombers over a barrell. They are just in the first stage of grief--denial

**** Me.

They are still worked up about us getting pick #8, it will take them years to process it! Poor little petals...

Pointing out the reality where they are on the end of getting worked over in a trade wouldnt go down well. They were gloating after last years trade week and thought they were certain premiers, its sad really.

Like Carlton they are a club who cheated and scammed their way to numerous premierships and now when there is some level of accountability they are rubbish. Once again the reality is killiing them.

Couple of question that I would like to know, if anybody has sources it would be greatly appreciated.

1. If we make a bid on Kako with pick 8, are the bombers banned from trading their next pick? I didn't think this was the case but it seems some people are confident this is the case.
2. When matching a bid, are clubs forced to use their next available pick or can they package any picks they posses. If essendon were to snag a few 2nd rounders could they tell the AFL they will be matching with those and leave pick 9 in tact?

Bloody hell, we're becoming alpha predators! Didn't see this happening.
Just what Im hearing, a lot of them are questioning the recent statements about 'both parties wanting to resign asap' doesn't sound too convincing considering he could have done the deal at any stage. We just signed Max King ahead of time in a similar fashion. We are no joke in the FA, Trade and (hopefully) draft space anymore. Serious club moves happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve just pissed off the bonbers board trying to break down this Kako bid scenario and dropped this little nugget too.

Got a few **** offs in the end. Not sure why. Was very polite.
Why even bother trying to explain even the most rudimentary trade to those smooth brained gronks? Might as well have just told your Jack Russell.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Couple of question that I would like to know, if anybody has sources it would be greatly appreciated.

1. If we make a bid on Kako with pick 8, are the bombers banned from trading their next pick? I didn't think this was the case but it seems some people are confident this is the case.
2. When matching a bid, are clubs forced to use their next available pick or can they package any picks they posses. If essendon were to snag a few 2nd rounders could they tell the AFL they will be matching with those and leave pick 9 in tact?
2 is definitely not possible. Has to be the next pick. You’re right, 1 is up in the air. I thought once the bid was in then that’s that. Will hunt.

His under 17s year looked like he was going to be the best player in the draft by a margin. His 2024 has been disappointing but on talent he's hard to look past. I'm not a fan of guys who get injured so often, it tends to follow them through their footy but if he slid he'd be hard to walk past. I reckon he's that kind of Wardlaw type if he does fall to us. A guy who should play midfield pretty early and could end up an absolute star.
I wasn’t aware of his injuries. Has he had a list of them?

It slipped from a senior official.

IMO, If we do pick him up it will be late.
Where? Cole has looked good in a pure shutdown role had a few good performances. Has all the physical and athletic attributes. Kicking isn't great but neither is our current Key back big bad Dougal. Plenty of running half backs to hand ball off too. What's the problem?

2 is definitely not possible. Has to be the next pick. You’re right, 1 is up in the air. I thought once the bid was in then that’s that. Will hunt.
If Essendon can wait to trade their pick after a bid is made, we might actually have no leverage whatsoever.

Let's say we bid on Kako at 8, Essendon could trade 9 to Fremantle for their future first.

Then after they use their later picks to match the bid, they can trade Freos first back to them for their pick 11.

It's an obvious win for Freo, getting a two pick upgrade for free isn't something you'd turn down. It's also a win for Essendon as they get Kako and pick 11 instead of having to wait for our future first.

What a ridiculous campaigner.

A club gifted a dynasty of success off the back of a flawed father-son system.

Purple carrying on like a complete flog too.
Mackie didn’t complain to the AFL when Cats picked up pick 7 and Bowes from GC for picking up his contract after winning the GF

If Essendon can wait to trade their pick after a bid is made, we might actually have no leverage whatsoever.

Let's say we bid on Kako at 8, Essendon could trade 9 to Fremantle for their future first.

Then after they use their later picks to match the bid, they can trade Freos first back to them for their pick 11.

It's an obvious win for Freo, getting a two pick upgrade for free isn't something you'd turn down. It's also a win for Essendon as they get Kako and pick 11 instead of having to wait for our future first.
a lot of trust put in freo doing the right thing in the second trade there.

Can't trade a pick back to the team you got it from

Can't trade a pick back to the team you got it from
Essendon trade 9 to Freo for their future first.

Essendon trade freos future first to Carlton for pick 12.

Carlton trade freos future first to Fremantle for pick 11.

Just read the rules and my first idea was in fact impossible, but this appears to be a loophole.

Carlton and Freo can get a 1 and 2 pick upgrade respectively. Essendon get Kako and a 1st round pick.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241008_225053_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20241008_225053_OneDrive.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 12

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back