List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Lindsay's coach was on SEN yesterday and says he is the most bulletproof recruit a club could get. Now take that with a bi of bias, but he sounds like a great recruit especially if we have 7+8+9
My concern is there is quite a bit of stop and then kick type action. I probably have PTSD, but there’s some Billings there that I can’t shake. He certainly doesn’t have that leg speed or line breaking like, say, Gulden.

There is no loophole. The spot is for a Sandringham-listed player, which none of the u18 players are.

Why do people keep throwing Armstrong name up? I wouldn't of thought we would be drafting a key fwd.
If we get #9 , I don't mind it.
2 Mids and a top key position player.
Dougal and Wilkie won't last forever

Last edited:

Douglas and Wilkie won't last forever

So why not get an actual defender in Trainor?
I wonder if his concussion would let him slide to our second round pick.
( Douglas )?

My concern is there is quite a bit of stop and then kick type action. I probably have PTSD, but there’s some Billings there that I can’t shake. He certainly doesn’t have that leg speed or line breaking like, say, Gulden.
I read bulletproof as least likely to be a bust, that does not necessarily mean a huge upside, or a huge downside.
Basically a safe pick.

Douglas and Wilkie won't last forever
The other thing is so much of our draft capital will be wiped for two years. I’m not against getting 9 in the slightest, but we will be very thin next year and we won’t have much coming in outside of those three high picks (yes, Cole, but …)

The other thing is so much of our draft capital will be wiped for two years. I’m not against getting 9 in the slightest, but we will be very thin next year and we won’t have much coming in outside of those three high picks (yes, Cole, but …)
Firstly, we’re gonna go hard at free agents next year so hopefully we can land a couple to make up for the lack of draft picks

Secondly, next year’s draft is super compromised so a top 10 pick could easily slide a lot further than it would this year with just Ashcroft Lombard Kako

Thirdly, if we really wanted a pick, we can easily trade a futures pick to get back in

There are plenty of options. By no means are we hamstrung for next year if we go hard for this year’s crop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membrey has been a super reliable "club man" (let's not call them GOP's?) totally different to White who like McCartin had huge upside potential that was never reached (for very different reasons).

I would bank on having someone like Tim in our team for the next year or so over some speculative late pick any day of the week.
Membrey has been far better than a GOP.

Why do we need a forward?
King
Sharman
Caminiti
Owens
Higgins
Butler
Marshall going forward (Soldo ruck)
Mids going forward etc

We have needed mids for a decade, are we going down the wrong path again? Don't think so, listen to Lyon all through the season.
I am all for getting 2 mids with our first 2 picks. If, and it is a big if we end up with pick 9, I can see the merit in getting the best big available at that point. Don't care if forward or back.

Normally you are coughing up a top 5 pick for the best forward. This seems like a unique draft.

Also, as much as I love Sharman, we really don't know how good both he and Hammer are going to be yet. Owens can play taller, but never going to be a 50+ goalkicker.

This concern will just be handwaved away by Free Agency and being able to trade 2 years of future picks but it's legitimate.

There have been something like 10 Band 1 free agents in 13 years. The chances of convincing a marquee player to leave their current club AND to join us are very slim, war chest or not. The CBA increases have given all clubs a bit of cap wriggle room for any near term negotiations. Brayshaw will be locked away soon and most of the other big names will follow.

The 2027 future first is compromised by Tassie, which means the only pick of real value we would have to trade is the 2026 F1, which in itself carries much less weight than a current first (as evidenced by Collingwood/Carlton's struggles to acquire Houston with future picks).

Next year is all about players over picks BUT we'll need the picks to get the players. I suspect Richmond will quite fancy taking Callaghan in the PSD otherwise.

I reckon the Injectors will wait until draft night to see if a bid for Kako actually comes before #9 and then do the trades needed.

Re Macrae AFL site stated that the Bulldogs were asking for pick #27 and the Saints returned if you want that pick you have to pay some of his contract.

Last edited:
I reckon the Injectors will wait until draft night to see if a pick for Kako actually comes before #9 and then do the trades needed.

Re Macrae AFL site stated that the Bulldogs were asking for pick #27 and the Saints returned if you want that pick you have to pay some of his contract.
Would not want to use that pick on him. Id rather pay the whole contract.

I reckon the Injectors will wait until draft night to see if a pick for Kako actually comes before #9 and then do the trades needed.

So a high 2nd round pick for a fringe player that will be 30. Sounds reasonable to me.

What could they get thats better than F1 and 27?

I would be filthy if we used pick 27 on Macrae.

Bulldogs are delusional. No wonder we aren’t in a hurry to talk to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly, we’re gonna go hard at free agents next year so hopefully we can land a couple to make up for the lack of draft picks

Secondly, next year’s draft is super compromised so a top 10 pick could easily slide a lot further than it would this year with just Ashcroft Lombard Kako

Thirdly, if we really wanted a pick, we can easily trade a futures pick to get back in

There are plenty of options. By no means are we hamstrung for next year if we go hard for this year’s crop
There’s also the impending ’draft doom’ of the Devils coming into the competition, so we are right to be loading up at this years draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back