List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see how screwing over a life long servant of the club because he wants senior game time so you can hold onto him and rot in the VFL does you any favors.

If WB want to cut off their nose to spite their face so be it. Will do wonders for club culture and player attitude towards a coach which is at best questionable. Doing shit like that makes it hard to be successful.

Just like Melbourne holding onto Oliver and wanting prime value for trading him. As long as he stays at that club it's going to be a train wreck.
Spot on. What does it do for the environment to hang on to players who don’t to be there. What are their young draftees going to get out of playing in the VFL with senior players who have checked out.
And in twelve months Macrae won’t have any trade value and will still have two years to go on his contract.
I’m sure a deal will get done and we won’t be paying much more than our third.

I don't see how screwing over a life long servant of the club because he wants senior game time so you can hold onto him and rot in the VFL does you any favors.

If WB want to cut off their nose to spite their face so be it. Will do wonders for club culture and player attitude towards a coach which is at best questionable. Doing shit like that makes it hard to be successful.

Just like Melbourne holding onto Oliver and wanting prime value for trading him. As long as he stays at that club it's going to be a train wreck.
2021 to 2024
26/26 games, 23/24 g, 22/24g, 19/26g (4 as sub)
880 disp, 705d, 557d, 349d

30 years old.

Dogs aren't turning that around. 800K is it? For 349 disposals? If Saints just wait it out, I reckon it'll get done on their terms.

In 2017 the club followed exactly Callum Toohey's phantom draft

Funny how the club pays recruiters so much and they just follow the media's lead.

Was a complete no risk option, if it goes pear shaped then they just quote everyone else.

I understood the Hunter Clark pick but Coffield was a strange one, we already had his position locked down and we didn't need more backline players. Then we pick up Logan Austin too in the same year.

Turns out we would have been better off trading 7 + 8 for 2, 3 or 4 to get Brayshaw or LDU back then. Although we probably would have picked Dow

In 2017 the club followed exactly Callum Toohey's phantom draft

Funny how the club pays recruiters so much and they just follow the media's lead.

Was a complete no risk option, if it goes pear shaped then they just quote everyone else.

I understood the Hunter Clark pick but Coffield was a strange one, we already had his position locked down and we didn't need more backline players. Then we pick up Logan Austin too in the same year.
Twomey doesn't do a phantom based on who he thinks should go where, he does his phantoms based on what the clubs tell him they're going to pick.

Some clubs like to get ahead of the press and act like the bloke who they know will be available at their pick is their first option. Makes it easier to sell hope to fans after they pick the player.

Twomey doesn't do a phantom based on who he thinks should go where, he does his phantoms based on what the clubs tell him they're going to pick.

Some clubs like to get ahead of the press and act like the bloke who they know will be available at their pick is their first option. Makes it easier to sell hope to fans after they pick the player.

Mixture of both I think, that's why you tend to see his top 20 move around a bit in the last 2-3 weeks before the draft as he gets his info.

Better to look at his assessment a few months out if you want to tell where he actually rated Clark and Coff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to see how we get McCrae done unless Doggies have a burning need to offload him ( I don't believe they do). Pick 46 does not seem to excite Dogs and can't see Saints using 23. Unless maybe they trade 8 down for Freos 15 and 16 and then use 23?

Hard to see how it can happen but there are always twists.

It's just negotiation. Dogs not calling us because they don't want to look desperate, we're not calling them because we don't want to look desperate. We fundamentally have the stronger negotiating position so if our guys do their jobs well then we'll pay roughly pick 46.

Sam Power is delusional if he thinks he’s getting more than Pick 43. Jack Macrae is a nice to have player but not a must have. Taking Pick 43 to the draft isn’t a terrible outcome either, in-fact some might say it’s better

I personally would like the club to officially pull out of any trade for Macrae or Soldo.
Come out and say we like our draft hand and have decided to take it to the draft and we will only consider trades that would improve our draft hand.

I personally would like the club to officially pull out of any trade for Macrae or Soldo.
Come out and say we like our draft hand and have decided to take it to the draft and we will only consider trades that would improve our draft hand.
Why would they do that. Deal making is never about making binary statements such as this

with Macrae nominating us that would do irrepairable damage with other targets in the near future

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back