List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I still feel as though using our F1 for 9 gives us such a solid foundation without the need to trade up, but if the Dees are offering that much to Essendon it'll be hard to compete with. I don't think the Dees don't need to add pick 40 to that deal though - surely just F1 + 28 would get the Bombers to the table given the Kako situation. Interesting to see how it plays out.

For us, if we move on from pick 9 it seems like trading our F1 and maybe a swap of F2s for Gold Coast's pick 13 is the likely next best bet, then 8 + 13 to WC for 3 + 63 (as the base, maybe some more to go into it).

If we come out of this year's draft with one of FOS/Lalor/Smith/Draper and Smillie, I'll be fully erect until Round 1

Purple will be happy

No doubt he''ll take another celebratory bite out of his big sausage.

giphy.gif

Please stop, he’s getting too cocky in the smoke signal chat
How's the ex moderator going? Heard he came back a couple of months back, gave a few a serve and promptly got perma banned :$ :$
Too bad I didn't see it before it was deleted.

parks and recreation GIF

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have been completely out manoeuvred this trade period.

Hope the ‘culture building’ win against Carlton was worth it - it’s now cost us 5, 6 and 9 in a super draft.

Melbourne have successfully broken their drought, tanked again, scooped up our picks and will bounce making us and Essendon look like fools. All while Clayton Oliver is at the Pokies.

Hope the ‘culture building’ win against Carlton was worth it - it’s now cost us 5, 6 and 9 in a super draft.

Melbourne have successfully broken their drought, tanked again, scooped up our picks and will bounce making us and Essendon look like fools. All while Clayton Oliver is at the Pokies.

Oh and now we are going to over pay for Pick 13.

Yeah heartbroken we have lost 7 and 8 and 27 this draft. Oh wait a minute....

As for wanting to lose a game, yeah that really builds confidence. And how having 5 & 6 cost us 9? We still would have only offered F1 and a second rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 for the Eagles future first? Gives them the currency they need and probably gives us a top five pick next year.
In a highly compromised draft with F/S and academy players?
No thanks.
We’ve got the birds in the hand this year with some very good picks sitting there, I would not be trading one of them for a future pick.

I obviously am braindead

Give me a list management job at Melbourne, stat
For the record my deceased brain stands by the fact that hypothetically speaking our F1 + 27 was the best deal for Essendon, I just didn't consider both that Essendon would think that poorly of Melbourne's chances in 2025 and that Melbourne would part with pick 40 as well

How's the ex moderator going? Heard he came back a couple of months back, gave a few a serve and promptly got perma banned :$ :$

parks and recreation GIF

It doesn’t take much to be banned it seems, such is the very soy state of things around here

parks and recreation GIF

Heard that since he bought his new Camo's and was that happy with them, that he's had a bit of a bobblehead action about him

Oh and now we are going to over pay for Pick 13.
Mate, you need to have a lie down. You are getting over excited by some speculative tweets.

Just remember we don't have to do anything.

We have a worst case scenario 0f 7+8+27, and keeping F1, if we do absolutely nothing. Why on earth do you think we will 'overpay' on pick 13. We aren't desperate we dont have to do a thing and draft pick swaps can occur from the end of trade period to the end of draft period.

Frankie says

Mark Wahlberg Chill GIF

Yeah heartbroken we have lost 7 and 8 and 27 this draft. Oh wait a minute....

As for wanting to lose a game, yeah that really builds confidence. And how having 5 & 6 cost us 9? We still would have only offered F1 and a second rounder.

Not interested in fake culture wins. Premierships are what matter, ask Melbourne who have won one on the back of high end picks while we have been ‘building culture’.

Threatening the bid at 5 + late picks is what got it done, not really worried about giving up future 2nds/3rds on the off chance they might become a good player in a compromised draft.

We are operating arrogant not willing to budge on deals. Great way to stay stuck in irrelevancy.

We should have 5, 6 and 9 this year and we don’t because we aren’t willing to make the tough calls instead we’d rather instant gratification.

Cue the ‘deary me’s

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back