List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the West Coast deal might be a 4-way trade with Richmond and Gold Coast, something like the below:

Assuming STK F1 is rated around pick 8 in 2025

STK receive: Pick 3, Pick 13, 63
WCE receive: Liam Baker, Pick 8, Pick 19 (from RICH via FRE for Bolton), Pick 51 (for Champion)
RICH receive: STK F1, WCE F2
GC receive: Pick 26, 27, 30 (via Bolton trade),

In summary:
STK give up pick 8, F1, pick 27 for pick 3, pick 13, pick 63
WCE give up pick 3, pick 26, F2, pick 63 for Baker, pick 8, pick 19, pick 51
RICH give up Baker, pick 19, pick 30, pick 51 for STK F1, WCE F2
GC give up pick 13 for picks 26, 27, 30

STK end up with picks 3, 7, 13, 47, 63

Please don't get mad at me if its unfair to any team, its just to spark some discussion :D

Happy to update it if someone suggests an improvement

EDIT: it seems like while I was writing this, people have already suggested similar so glad we're on the same wavelength
Tom Morris said it was our F1 and F2.

Not 27

I reckon the West Coast deal might be a 4-way trade with Richmond and Gold Coast, something like the below:

Assuming STK F1 is rated around pick 8 in 2025

STK receive: Pick 3, Pick 13, 63
WCE receive: Liam Baker, Pick 8, Pick 19 (from RICH via FRE for Bolton), Pick 51 (for Champion)
RICH receive: STK F1, WCE F2
GC receive: Pick 26, 30 (via Bolton trade), STK F2

In summary:
STK give up pick 8, F1, F2 for pick 3, pick 13, pick 63
WCE give up pick 3, pick 26, F2, pick 63 for Baker, pick 8, pick 19, pick 51
RICH give up Baker, pick 19, pick 30, pick 51 for STK F1, WCE F2
GC give up pick 13 for picks 26, 30, STK F2

STK end up with picks 3, 7, 13, 27, 47, 63

Please don't get mad at me if its unfair to any team, its just to spark some discussion :D

Happy to update it if someone suggests an improvement

EDIT: it seems like while I was writing this, people have already suggested similar so glad we're on the same wavelength

3+7+13+27+47 would be an acceptable outcome. If we give up our futures and keep 27. That would be be a good hand.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we will bid on Lombard at our first pick
Then Kako after Lombard is matched. Then take who we were going to take @4.

Even if one doesn't match, we get a good player and still have two more picks in the top 13.

3+7+13+27+47 would be an acceptable outcome. If we give up our futures and keep 27. That would be be a good hand.

Based on list spots, do we need 27? It's a nice to have and my boy Ough (or a Hynes slide) might be a go there, but for pick 3, it's worth scrubbing 27 off our list of picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you couldn't trade both your F1 and F2?
I didn’t think you could either. But I’m also not 100% sure on what’s the hard rule considering 2 years of future picks is live next trade period.

So is it an exemption we can seek?

Anyway… as reported

If they are dumb enough to burn 3 first round picks including 2 top 10.

For pick 3 and 13 - they can get ****ed.
Feeling very sick at the thought of it.
Surely, surely not?
We absolutely need the excellent hand we’ve got.

I hope we get pick 2 or 3. I believe Phillipou has what it takes to become a marquee player of the completion and the next captain of the club. Adding a top 3 midfielder from this draft. Would set us up next year to go after two midfielders through the trade table and free agency.

By the start of next pre season. We could potentially have the ingredients of premiership midfield.

Just need a ruckman. Sean Darcy? if his body holds up next season

Last edited:
I didn’t think you could either. But I’m also not 100% sure on what’s the hard rule considering 2 years of future picks is live next trade period.

So is it an exemption we can seek?

Anyway… as reported

Are you a fan of F1 and F2 for 13? Just feel like I'm missing something here, we're just desperate to hit this draft and bypass next year's?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back