List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

With Melbourne likely to get #9, just to add more fuel to the fire - what if Melbourne then gazump us on the WCE deal? #5 & #9 for #3.
Might be the dumbest trade you will ever see.

West Coast would probably give them a BJ because they would feel so guilty accepting it

If any of these trades for pick 3 goes through, Dalrymple, SoS, Lyon, Bassat and the temporary receptionist should all get the sack.
If we piss away the draft hand we have been given for a 4 place upgrade in the most even top ten in a decade while other clubs are absolutely desperate to get into the top end, well, we deserve to be an also ran for frigging ever.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate, you need to have a lie down. You are getting over excited by some speculative tweets.

1728808496972.gif

The difference is that Preuss would be 100% free

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I can see your point with Preuss being free, but lets not forget he also did a hammy jumping running through the banner in a VFL game... if we weren't sold on Soldo lasting 3 years, not sure why we would go for Preuss who may not even get through one

Tom Morris -

- Saints doctors didn’t think Soldo would last the entirety of the 3 year deal.
Not that I ever wanted him, but it seems he's only contracted for one more year at Port. Why are we proposing a 3 year deal? If he's desperate to get out of SA, couldn't we have offered him the same 1 year deal, with triggers for a second/third? Doesn't add up, but it is a Tom Morris story after all

3, 7 & 13 - that should absolutely be our target.

It would mean we find a way to turn 8, F1, 27 & (if the AFL allows) an F2 into 3 & 13.

Pick 3 on 1 of Lalor, FOS, Smith or Draper - all wins.

Pick 7 on whoever falls really, probably Smillie

Pick 13 on anyone who is probably available at 8 anyway!
Agreed.

Otherwise grab 13 and hold 7,8

With Melbourne likely to get #9, just to add more fuel to the fire - what if Melbourne then gazump us on the WCE deal? #5 & #9 for #3.
I'm more worried they'll gazump us with 9 for 15+16.

5+16 for 3 will make sense for them and should be enough for WC and Baker.

Wasn't an issue when Essendon had 9 as there was no point them splitting... is an issue now

I reckon the West Coast deal might be a 4-way trade with Richmond and Gold Coast, something like the below:

Assuming STK F1 is rated around pick 8 in 2025

STK receive: Pick 3, Pick 13, 63
WCE receive: Liam Baker, Pick 8, Pick 19 (from RICH via FRE for Bolton), Pick 51 (for Champion)
RICH receive: STK F1, WCE F2
GC receive: Pick 26, 30 (via Bolton trade), STK F2

In summary:
STK give up pick 8, F1, F2 for pick 3, pick 13, pick 63
WCE give up pick 3, pick 26, F2, pick 63 for Baker, pick 8, pick 19, pick 51
RICH give up Baker, pick 19, pick 30, pick 51 for STK F1, WCE F2
GC give up pick 13 for picks 26, 30, STK F2

STK end up with picks 3, 7, 13, 27, 47, 63

Please don't get mad at me if its unfair to any team, its just to spark some discussion :D

Happy to update it if someone suggests an improvement

EDIT: it seems like while I was writing this, people have already suggested similar so glad we're on the same wavelength

Last edited:
Everyone seems to be getting very excited and indeed agitated about stuff they’re seeing on the internet.

Just relax people 😊

kjtgmE9.gif

Last edited:

It would mean we find a way to turn 8, F1, 27 & (if the AFL allows) an F2 into 3 & 13.

Would we part with Collard to get this across the line?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with that, hard to get done 13 seems the extra piece required to get 3 though

I reckon the West Coast deal might be a 4-way trade with Richmond and Gold Coast, something like the below:

WCE receive: Liam Baker, Pick 8, Pick 19 (from RICH via FRE for Bolton), Pick 51 (for Champion)
GC receive: Pick 26, 27, 30 (via Bolton trade),

In summary:
STK give up pick 8, F1, pick 27 for pick 3, pick 13, pick 63
GC give up pick 13 for picks 26, 27, 30

STK end up with picks 3, 7, 13, 47, 63

Please don't get mad at me if its inaccurate, its just to spark some discussion :D

EDIT: it seems like while I was writing this, people have already suggested similar so glad we're on the same wavelength
1728809371330.gif

GC receive: Pick 26, 27, 30 (via Bolton trade),

In summary:
STK give up pick 8, F1, pick 27 for pick 3, pick 13, pick 63
GC give up pick 13 for picks 26, 27, 30

STK end up with picks 3, 7, 13, 47, 63

Please don't get mad at me if its inaccurate, its just to spark some discussion :D

If this is the deal I’m back in

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back