List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder who is our target at 3. Highly likely Lalor and FOS are gone especially if North trade pick 2. Maybe Langford is who the pimple is after? Tall marking goal kicking midfielder that offers a POD. We have enough speed in the team to offset his slowness.
Draper is my guess. Puts us in the running for the others too. If they can wrangle it without losing p7 then giddy up.

My draft proposal is,
Trade pick 8 to split it into 2 teen first round picks.
Trade the earliest one of those to Wet Toast for Bars and spend the second one one a mid.

Top mid, good mid, Barass.
Macrea, and other pics. I reckon that's a win.😊

Not sure 9 this year is blue chip but does give you three rolls of the dice. Next year has less depth but will still have a decent front end. You'd rather less later picks next year.
The top 2 picks are an academy kid and a father son apparently.

That’s exactly why it isn’t a draft to be apart of.

My draft proposal is,
Trade pick 8 to split it into 2 teen first round picks.
Trade the earliest one of those to Wet Toast for Bars and spend the second one one a mid.

Top mid, good mid, Barass.
Macrea, and other pics. I reckon that's a win.😊
Barrass is 29 with a recent history of being injured

Prefer to invest into the future

At this stage. There are still good players in the front end.

Kane Cornes flat out said we dodged a bullet saying No to Soldo. Questioned his professionalism

Given the contacts he has at Port still, he'd know. Sounds like a loose unit
So Goober is a chance huh?
Unfortunately for gringo2011 Mrs Goober has aged a bit since we last saw her. 🥴

IMG_9951.jpeg

No guarantees. Billings was pick 3. Would rather have two top ten picks than one.
Aaron Fiora was a pick 3 special. Then you got the like of Farren Ray and Tambling at pick 4. We really need to nail this draft. Butchering these picks will make the Saints a middle of the road team at best.

Absolutely it should be two top ten picks instead of just pick 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be picking from the same pool of VIC WA SA kids we always do. QLD and NSW adding extra players to the overall pool should not make 2025 a bad draft it may not be as deep as this one but there will be plenty of good players in the open pool like every year or maybe more specifically like last year when the Allies had a bumper crop and won the Championship but the VIC teams were still full of talent.

The fact that there will be northern clubs needing points means the opportunity to trade up will be there for the teams with 2nds and 3rds in 2025 so we should be trying to add to our F2 and F3 this year if possible. Happy to sell the F1 for 13 but keen to get something back F2 or F3 to help get back into the first round next year.

Got to hit the draft hard over the next 2 years and add to our draft hand before Tassie comes in. Can’t afford to skip a draft.

Wonder who is our target at 3. Highly likely Lalor and FOS are gone especially if North trade pick 2. Maybe Langford is who the pimple is after? Tall marking goal kicking midfielder that offers a POD. We have enough speed in the team to offset his slowness.

Hopefully Draper or Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Excited for tomorrow now.. damn.

The only way I’d consider this trade/draft period a success is if we end up with Lalor, Smith, O’Sulllivan or Draper on our list.

Nothing else really matters. Pick 8 is fools gold, pick 9 a distraction / fantasy and so not worth the price to obtain it.

How do punters on here balance the contradiction of the draft being super even from 8-30 yet pen 1000 pages of pick 9 love letters..??

Could not be more thrilled were after pick 3. I honestly don’t even care what it costs. There are a clear available top 4 (as there are every year), so let’s just put one on our list.

Absolutely loving how pro active we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back