List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Is 47 seen as universally fair? Im not sure it is. We obviously do but im not sure nuetrals would (Im happy to stand corrected on that too, i might be over valuing Macrae)
I haven't seen any neutrals on social media stating that the Dogs should get anything better than 47.

North trading their F1 for 13 is an absolute joke. They've had that many handouts they are starting to act like the Suns during trade week with their picks and need to be relevant.

Speaking of relevancy, I wonder what we are going to do now.

Melbourne had picks to burn so can understand that one, but North have just blown uo the market now. You can only assume they'll finish bottom 4 again.

My only thought now is we get 3 and 20 for 8, F1 & 27 (assuming F2 isn't possible) - 3, 7 & 20 might be a chance but the way it's heading we might be going into draft night with 7, 8 & 27.

I would absolutely do a trade where we traded out 8, 27 and F1 and traded-in 3 and 20.

Effective paying a F1 for jumping from 8 to 3 and 27 to 20.

It gives us a draft hand of 3, 7, 20 and 47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is 47 seen as universally fair? Im not sure it is. We obviously do but im not sure nuetrals would (Im happy to stand corrected on that too, i might be over valuing Macrae)
Think it is a little low. Need to trade for something like a future something for GC 41, dont know. Up to Saints to do it if they really want him.

Why are we judging Power for not completing trades when there are still a few days left in the trade period?

If he doesn’t get the deals done and they end up keeping Daniel and The Cray Fish while letting Smith go to the draft, then it’s fair to question his negotiation skills.

But with the trade period ending on Wednesday, why rush to finalise deals on Monday if it’s not necessary?

Why are we judging Power for not completing trades when there are still a few days left in the trade period?

If he doesn’t get the deals done and they end up keeping Daniel and The Cray Fish while letting Smith go to the draft, then it’s fair to question his negotiation skills.

But with the trade period ending on Wednesday, why rush to finalise deals on Monday if it’s not necessary?

As seen with West Coat and Hawf though, sometimes other moves get made and you could potentially lose out on your best deal. Not always, could do a St Kilda/Brad Hill and then end up getting a better deal anyway… but he could potentially hold out too long. That Norf trade for Caleb Daniel (if true) looked pretty good.

Coz we don't have Dildoro to bag this year?

Stop being reasonable

Don't think it's all about Houston.

This year's draft is rated much higher than next year, which is also extremely compromised.

And internally they will be expecting to improve, whether we agree or not.

There's a very good reason why so many clubs ate trying to get into the first round this year and why Melbourne gave up so much for pick 9.
I'd be floating pick 8 then, if everyone is so desperate. if 13 is worth potentially giving up pick 1 next year then 8 should be worth a king's ransom. We can pick up Josh Smillie at 7, Xavier Lindsay isn't rated by other clubs, Cal has him at 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As seen with West Coat and Hawf though, sometimes other moves get made and you could potentially lose out on your best deal. Not always, could do a St Kilda/Brad Hill and then end up getting a better deal anyway… but he could potentially hold out too long. That Norf trade for Caleb Daniel (if true) looked pretty good.

The Caleb trade, if true, seems solid.

However, considering North is reportedly offering their future first-round pick for pick 13, it makes sense to try fleece more from them.

My question: why aren't other clubs showing any interest in Macrae?
Because no other club is trying to rebuild on the run (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

Everyone else's midfields are set - Geelong the only exception but they're getting Bailey Smith

We're the only ones that need midfield experience and quality to cover development for 2 or so years which Macrae can offer. We're also the only ones that can cover his 800k salary

Bruce had a year to run.
Macrae three to run and they seem to want to keep him.

Bruce was out the door and we needed to get 5 in the door.

We got 32 and 51 for Bruce

32 for Jones and 76

51 on Byrnes

32 and 51 for Bruce is better than what we are offering for Macrae

Both were OOC, not a true comparison. if Macrae wanted to be traded he should have signed a 5 year contract.
Bruce and Coffield, we had no leverage. Bulldogs have a contracted player.

We traded a contacted Billings to Melb last year for their F3 (pick 47).

Would be amazing if we ultimately end up trading Billings for Macrea.

Macrae three to run and they seem to want to keep him.

Bruce was out the door and we needed to get 5 in the door.

We got 32 and 51 for Bruce

32 for Jones and 76

51 on Byrnes

32 and 51 for Bruce is better than what we are offering for Macrae
We should have got more for Bruce IMO... he was our #1 KF, contracted and wanted to move for more $$$.

Unfortunately the Dogs had already traded their 1st for Alex Keath from memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back