List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The high end of this draft isn't much different to the early part of the second round. I really don't love the top end of this one. Get Jagga and get out. That Adelaide pick just as likely to be a gun as another FRDP IMO.
im happy to be wrong, for example I thought wilson was too vanilla/average disposal, but from what I've seen of jagga he's high numbers low impact crabby tendencies?

lets get this reidy for a packet of aldi chips,play marshall more forward,so king can have his 3 handball 1 free kick halfs,till we trade him for 2rdp when the penny finally drops that thats his ceiling and 17 or 18 other clubs already know it,when reidy is exposed at times,sub him out and throw roma back into first ruck

Saints fans

Yes or No

Pick 1 and Future 1st (north)

For

Max King and 2024 first rounder (pick 5ish)

Watch that last play fwd in today's game vs port.

Hunter Clark all the time in the world off half back. Numerous options fwd. Have the momentum. Turn over.

This guy ain't it. 14 disposals as a mid is atrocious.

The sooner this guy is out of club the better. Same boat as billings Dunstan Newnes etc.

Don't care if it's a dump pick 4th rounder. Just get him out.

Elite small forwards are hard to get. If you want to attract players you have to put up money and years now. Being small club and not very enticing we probably have to add some extra.

Josh Battle is probably worth what ever Jake Lever was worth on the open market. The potential pick 6 sounds like it's hard not to gamble on. Like putting up the odds to tempt people to throw their money away the system is weighted towards shit clubs losing talent for a gamble on the draft.
Happy to keep him but he’s not now nor ever has been worth a top 6 pick.

Saints fans

Yes or No

For

We need to develop him not replace him. If he can't make it no-one will. Like turning a thoroughbred into a plow horse.

You'd be better off looking at the coaching. Not one of our forwards has moved up. King, Sharman, Owens, Caminiti, Membrey Hayes etc. All have shown heaps and can no longer play a dominant forward role. Something about how we coach means that our game doesn't suit those types of tall forwards.

We either need to replace them all with smaller nimble types or move the coaches out. Sos will pick off all of our established players until we have nothing left and Lyon will leave. The youth aren't hanging around while we rebuild.

The club needs to bring in someone with a list build experience that doesn't require years of bottoming out.

im happy to be wrong, for example I thought wilson was too vanilla/average disposal, but from what I've seen of jagga he's high numbers low impact crabby tendencies?

More seagull that crab. His kicks turn into something. He's a bit of a weird one, I think he could end up a bit Farren Ray if he doesn't make it as a mid but he looks a gun.

Happy to keep him but he’s not now nor ever has been worth a top 6 pick.

Go find the equivalent player and see what you'd pay. Melbourne gave pick 10 and a future first and a fourth rounder. Hill who was a similar level got Freo a fortune in capital. Funny enough the picks that the Dees gave up ended up with us. Matty Parker, Stocker and Robbie Young all came with some of those picks. Also Sos's boy Lauchie O'Brien.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints fans

Yes or No

For

No

MAX KING out and draft picks in...

Go find the equivalent player and see what you'd pay. Melbourne gave pick 10 and a future first and a fourth rounder. Hill who was a similar level got Freo a fortune in capital. Funny enough the picks that the Dees gave up ended up with us. Matty Parker, Stocker and Robbie Young all came with some of those picks. Also Sos's boy Lauchie O'Brien.

I think lever is a level above but in principle you’re right.

Saints fans

Yes or No

For

Maybe get you asset at the AFL Laura Kane, to approve more charity.

I know you think you are entitled to just get free stuff, but stick this where the sun don't shine Norf parasite.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saints fans

Yes or No

For

im sort of believing the more in tune posters about this years draft and not worrying about pick 1,also north have larkey,id be into their first next year and there 2nd this year,without losing our first,but yeah im tired of the sight of him & i dont think it can be argued,he is either shit or we dont and never will play the game style to suit him,so yes sell that 2nd option to other clubs and cash out WHILE WE CAN

Saints fans

Yes or No

For

Only if you take Clark as a sweetener!

Watch that last play fwd in today's game vs port.

Hunter Clark all the time in the world off half back. Numerous options fwd. Have the momentum. Turn over.

This guy ain't it. 14 disposals as a mid is atrocious.

The sooner this guy is out of club the better. Same boat as billings Dunstan Newnes etc.

Don't care if it's a dump pick 4th rounder. Just get him out.

Watched Hunter at the ground too slow burned off numerous occasions has no pace or 2nd gear trade out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think I’ll turn it in if we trade King. Can’t believe anyone would be wanting to throw him out.. for what ?

It is so bloody hard to find players that can do what he can do. Two seasons ago he won 5 games by himself with clutch last quarters.

He has had some repeat injuries which have halted his natural body development and has the very worst style of football in front of him to deal with. From his perspective, he should just about request a trade and go play for a club who can actually perceive where he is and kick it generally in his direction. It’s a an absolute disgrace our delivery to him.

I can’t deny that he has lost a bit of forward craft, is struggling with strength one on one and his body language is disturbing but we are at risk of wasting this generational talent if we can’t build a competent midfield and decent no 2 support key forward.

I’m absolutely filthy at anyone who tells me it’s Maxs fault and consider each and every person moronic who does so. I’m mostly filthy at the club for butchering so many opportunities to build a midfield. It’s hard to replace Battle no doubt but it is impossible to replace King.

I think with Stengle opting to stay, we let Battle go and take the high pick. It’s probably our last chance to build a decent young group this year and next because in 5 years when we hope this years draft picks are 23 and killing it, King is 28..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back