List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gringo please, there is no point getting FA's. They will be retired before we challenge. WE MUST GO TO THE DRAFT EVERY YEAR FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER 5 YEARS TO KEEP ADDING TO OUR YOUNG CORE. FA'S ARE THE ICING ON THE CAKE WHEN YOU HAVE BECOME A TOP 4 SIDE. HAVEN'T WE LEARNED ANYTHING OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS?

Did your caps lock button get stuck, boomer?

Wonder if there is a way to get another first round pick this year. Battle probably wouldnt get it done and I want to keep him, but we need to get creative again

Gringo please, there is no point getting FA's. They will be retired before we challenge. WE MUST GO TO THE DRAFT EVERY YEAR FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER 5 YEARS TO KEEP ADDING TO OUR YOUNG CORE. FA'S ARE THE ICING ON THE CAKE WHEN YOU HAVE BECOME A TOP 4 SIDE. HAVEN'T WE LEARNED ANYTHING OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS?
No need to shout.

We will go to the draft because historically we are unable to pull in high end talent.

But, imagine being a club that can pull in talent like Patrick Dangerfield and Jeremy Cameron. It's just such a game changer.

Under Ross Lyon, we are a hardworking team. But when you take that element away on any given match day the absence of any real game changing class is glaring.

We need to get some genuine class in and continue to supplement by being creative around the draft.

Your caps lock is stuck mate. 👍

We’re gonna get a decent draft pick in the first four to six. The last three weeks effort have left no doubt about that. This season is a write off.
If that’s the best we can muster we do need to start getting games into ari collard hastie and Garcia and celebrate the wins if and when they come.
If they come good then we can look at moving on a couple of more senior players.
As far as trades go we need Ben King.

We’re gonna get a decent draft pick in the first four to six. The last three weeks effort have left no doubt about that. This season is a write off.
If that’s the best we can muster we do need to start getting games into ari collard hastie and Garcia and celebrate the wins if and when they come.
If they come good then we can look at moving on a couple of more senior players.
We don't need Ben King. If anything, we need to Trade Ming to Gold Coast for 3 FRDP's....

If a team came to us and offered a top 10 pick for either Steele or Sinclair or Marshall I would take it. These 3 players who are A graders will be retired by the time we are challenging. Cash them in now and add more young guns to our core youth.

We don't need Ben King. If anything, we need to Trade Ming to Gold Coast for 3 FRDP's....
of the 2 im going that way as well,having ming and higgins miss set shot after set shot is killing me,having ming and bing throw their head about and give up in frustration in the first quarter of games will surely finish me,if these guys cant kick set shot goals,move them on

As much as I love Members he isn’t moving us forward in that space. It’s a holding pattern but we have no experienced players to go with King.
I know we need mids with class but currently the forward set up is pretty crap.
Now that we are playing Keeler in defence I don’t see this improving anytime soon.

As much as I love Members he isn’t moving us forward in that space. It’s a holding pattern but we have no experienced players to go with King.
I know we need mids with class but currently the forward set up is pretty crap.
Now that we are playing Keeler in defence I don’t see this improving anytime soon.
Wonder if grucowski (wrong spelling) from gws is gettable. Kick 5 against us in the twos last week. Perfect membrey replacement

Why are you yelling, Joffa?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calm down Joffa, don't you caps lock me. If you get quality in that is mid 20s they should have another 7 years.

Things turn quick... if you think we are 5 years off then you're not going to like reading who will be gone by then.

Webster
Wood
Hill
Sinclair
Steele
Marshall
Membrey
Wilkie
Howard
Butler
Battle

Then you get the guys at the end
Stocker
King
Higgins
Sharman

That's going to outline why you will need free agency. The problem is no one wants to come to a club not playing finals. You don't get the absolute elite without breaking the bank.

Things turn quick... if you think we are 5 years off then you're not going to like reading who will be gone by then.

Webster
Wood
Hill
Sinclair
Steele
Marshall
Membrey
Wilkie
Howard
Butler
Battle

Then you get the guys at the end
Stocker
King
Higgins
Sharman

That's going to outline why you will need free agency. The problem is no one wants to come to a club not playing finals. You don't get the absolute elite without breaking the bank.
If there's anything to learn about the Cats, its that you don't shove all your players out the door the minute they hit 30.
We've been unlucky with players longevity, ( Armitage , Steven ) but i'd hope that's not always the case.

We should be trying to get into finals every year, if you don't get in , you can't win.
Things can click unexpectedly.

If there's anything to learn about the Cats, its that you don't shove all your players out the door the minute they hit 30.
We've been unlucky with players longevity, ( Armitage , Steven ) but i'd hope that's not always the case.

We should be trying to get into finals every year, if you don't get in , you can't win.
Things can click unexpectedly.

No, no, no SS, didnt you read the first post on this page? I have bolded and italicized it below to add to the caps lock nature.

WE MUST GO TO THE DRAFT EVERY YEAR FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER 5 YEARS TO KEEP ADDING TO OUR YOUNG CORE. FA'S ARE THE ICING ON THE CAKE WHEN YOU HAVE BECOME A TOP 4 SIDE. HAVEN'T WE LEARNED ANYTHING OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS?

DRAFT EVERY YEAR FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS AND THEN IN PERPETUITY UNTIL WERE GOOD AGAIN

No, no, no SS, didnt you read the first post on this page? I have bolded and italicized it below to add to the caps lock nature.

DRAFT EVERY YEAR FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS AND THEN IN PERPETUITY UNTIL WERE GOOD AGAIN
Realistically there are probably two or three more drafts till tassy come in. We have to get as many high picks as we can in that time. Because after that it will be stuffed

MAKE OUR DRAFTING GREAT AGAIN
Donald Trump GIF

Agree many wouldnt be upset losing Cooper, and perhaps he suits the open F50 GWS game more than ours.
I wouldn't want to lose Cooper. Kid is 23, played 37 games in 2 1/2 years of being on the list and has been thrown around all over the park to fill gaps.

Settle him into a functioning forwardline with decent delivery* and watch him thrive.

*Yes I am delusional enough to believe that one day that might be us

Jesus another one with the Caps.

I didn't preclude what you said.

If you drafted two good players every years after 10 years you'd have 20 good players with none over 28.
Trouble is, the saints couldn't get 2, and kept trying to short cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back