List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

lol…Patrick’s Cripps had no problems with that when the blues needed him. Says a lot about character if true.
Talking of Cripps , remember all the experts on here bagging the crap out of him 2 years ago , they have gone horribly quiet of recent times

Tired of singlehandedly carrying our midfield all season?
I don’t know the specifics.

I don’t know if something will come from it or if it’s just a situation where everybody needs to put big boy pants on.

Not happy was all I was told and was made clear the rest are.

Bassat is a multimillionaire for a reason. A hard headed business man that could not give a toss about the AFL client media, the company men and women who will do the bidding of the AFL and their sources from other clubs.

Why would Bassat care what a nobody bottom feeder like Jake Nail, or a virgin 4chan incel like Morris says or thinks?

Bassat is also correct.

The facts are on his side. That really irks the vested interest and their surrogates.

Bassat is the first senior AFL official who has had the guts to do what is right and not be influenced by the “cabal” who determines AFL policy.

And as you rightly say, he doesn’t give a stuff who he upsets in the process.

I am proud that Andrew Bassat is our President. He is taking a principled stand against something that has hurt our club. And I’m proud that our coach is also publicly raising the flag supporting him.

Our club is in good hands.

I would be happy to take a top 10 for him
He wasn’t great yesterday when we needed him to step up and take on their mids….at one point he was as good as Cripps….now?

His attitude for an afl captain looks terrible and his leadership in the ratts era was suspect.

Wilkie is every part our captain
Yesterday was clear evidence of this.

Take the pick and go with 3 top 10s in the draft. Play Mitch in his spot.
Yeah I don’t know if that’s the best play.

I’d rather they all sort out whatever has a bee in his bonnet.

Yeah I don’t know if that’s the best play.

I’d rather they all sort out whatever has a bee in his bonnet.
I would love him to stay but he facing losing the captaincy and playing second fiddle to others in his current form.

Could he cope with a demotion?

Just think he was visibly poor first half yesterday which is frustrating to watch from your captain.
Now more than ever we need 100% buy in from him on and off the field.

Good and bad times I could never question this of our really great captains, Nick R being the most recent and Spud the other.

If we’re unable to develop and get the best out of our gun key forward and think he would thrive elsewhere then we really need to have an open and long look at our systems.
Maybe bring in an outsider for a look at what we’re doing, we’ve done it before.
Egos can’t come into it.

Mate, he sulked around the ground for years carrying the side. It's actually a good thing that Steele wants success.

If that’s why he’s grumpy then I guess it’s ok? But it seems more like the problem is that he was over promoted and now he’s stuck in a hole not knowing how to manage his own emotions or help those around him. Wouldn’t be the first leader in that situation but something would have to change to make it work.

Bassat is a multimillionaire for a reason. A hard headed business man that could not give a toss about the AFL client media, the company men and women who will do the bidding of the AFL and their sources from other clubs.

Why would Bassat care what a nobody bottom feeder like Jake Nail, or a virgin 4chan incel like Morris says or thinks?
Hahaha 🤣
Reminds me of an insult generator I use to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bassat is putting a very simple and reasonable argument. Remove the corruptive anomalies the have polluted the fairness and integrity of the draft.

He’s not asking for concessions. He’s not asking for handouts. He’s not asking for special treatment.

All he’s asking is that every club has fair and equal access to the draft.

It is a pure argument. It cannot, on an intellectual basis, be rebutted. So the hacks in the media use the smear to cut it down when they don’t have the facts to support the squealing vested interests they seem keen to represent.

Bassat is winning the argument. It looks as though change is coming. Which would be confirmation that his argument is in fact correct.

Bassat has upset a lot of heavy hitters in the AFL with his objections to the NGA and FS rules, so I wouldnt put it past those same heavy hitters attempting to destabilise the Saints by leaking bullshyte stories to idiots like Morris.

Last edited:
Bassat has upset a lot of heavy hitters in the AFL with his objections to the NGA and FS rules, so I wouldnt put it past those same heavy hitters attempting to unstable the saints by leaking bullshyte stories to idots like Morris.
It makes those same people look stupid when the club actively seeks to clarify the rumours.

I haven’t even mentioned his potential, which is as high as anyone in the comp. I’m okay with his output currently. 72 games for 159 goals probably projects around a 550 goal player by the end of his career. He pushes 650+ if he pulls it all together and goes at 2.5gpg until his 32-33yo which is around his current average anyway.

I’m still not clear but remain thoroughly uninterested on where the compulsion to trade him comes from. We will get 10c on the dollar for him this year.. in a bland draft with no talls. You would have to hate him for some reason to even consider it.

Anyway, think we should stop talking about him frankly.

There are a actually quite a few talls that look okay now but you don't cash in your Rolls Royce because you keep filling it full of the wrong fuel. It;'s the system not the player. You can keep moving on all your good players hoping to find stars in the draft but it's easier to fix the coaching.

Bassat is also correct.

The facts are on his side. That really irks the vested interest and their surrogates.

Bassat is the first senior AFL official who has had the guts to do what is right and not be influenced by the “cabal” who determines AFL policy.

And as you rightly say, he doesn’t give a stuff who he upsets in the process.

I am proud that Andrew Bassat is our President. He is taking a principled stand against something that has hurt our club. And I’m proud that our coach is also publicly raising the flag supporting him.

Our club is in good hands.
+1 x 1,000,000

You aren’t following the draft then. This is an awful front end compared to most years. Barely a stand out. If Jagga goes top 3 we are looking at a dice roll. Every game I watch I think it’s worse. Metro are the best side in it and they are very even. Ashcroft looks the most likely to be a star IMO. Just doesn’t do anything badly. Jagga next. Then throw a blanket over them.

The way you keep talking it down, we’re looking at the weakest draft in history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a actually quite a few talls that look okay now but you don't cash in your Rolls Royce because you keep filling it full of the wrong fuel. It;'s the system not the player. You can keep moving on all your good players hoping to find stars in the draft but it's easier to fix the coaching.
not sure it's all related to system, system doesn't deplete effort and it's been a long time since we've seen maximum effort from Max, if ever.

there's an old saying

Hard work beats talent, not sure Max is up for that hard work

What about when we've entered the Formula One, with a vintage Torana V8 you bought from a guy in Broad-meadows , its got a lumpy cam and extractors, but you suspect everything inside is stock standard, and you're a bit afraid to pull the heads off and look. Oh....and you filled it with the wrong fuel.

For clarity, when I said "poor" I meant bad, not skint.
It happens both when a side is shithouse or they don't have money.

You only have to compare the likes of Melbourne. They have a lot more respect than they did in the 00s early 10s.

I don’t know the specifics.

I don’t know if something will come from it or if it’s just a situation where everybody needs to put big boy pants on.

Not happy was all I was told and was made clear the rest are.

What a cluster faark when you have the captain of your club at odds with the coach and possibly others at the club...Where there is smoke there is fire I think we can have little doubt things are not great at Moorabbin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back