List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They just said on the couch that King is on $1 million per season. Is this right? That would be significantly more than brownlow medalist Lachie Neale and All Australian Harris Andrews.
At this stage I would have him on $400k pa.
What are you brain surgeons paying one of the all time great number 1 picks, 7 disposals a game, false tough guy, fat arsed, Cam Rayner??

They just said on the couch that King is on $1 million per season. Is this right? That would be significantly more than brownlow medalist Lachie Neale and All Australian Harris Andrews.
And if he went to another club you think they’d offer $400 and he’d say “yup that’s my value in the open market”
Off ya go

1anmEaa.gif

First off, no club is paying someone who's been their number 1 key forward for multiple years only 400k.

Secondly, 1 million is grossly exaggerated and at least 200k to 250k more than has ever been reported his current deal is.

Rowan Marshall forward wasn’t shyte
Took a mark on the lead
Contested no problem
No system issue for his 3 should’ve been 4??

He drifted in and didn't sit as a key position forward.

Not a piss take question, actually want to know what Gubby Allen has done since he got to the club.

Is he here for trade targets/recruitment?

Draft discussions?

SOS reports to him right, so is he just here to tick off those decisions?
Anyone?

I’m not being a smart ass, genuinely curious his over arching role?

I initially thought it was to try and get in some recruits, had a specialty in that field from all reports.

What a load of shit. You're suggesting another period of shitness as your time to shine while telling others to eat shit or **** off. Zero standards let them get away with 10 year stints for absolute imbeciles like Trout and Richo. If Ross Lyon doesn't perform we need to push him out just like we would if he was a no name coach.

If he causes list carnage we need to move him even quicker. Joe Biden probably wasn't demented once but he is now.
Jesus you really are unhinged at the moment.
Go on, tell us what standards you're gonna hold the club to, then let us know how you got on with it after you're done. Make sure to post a training report while you're at it. You go get'm tiger!!

$750k were the reports at last contract renewal. Media are full of shit.

Jesus you really are unhinged at the moment.
Go on, tell us what standards you're gonna hold the club to, then let us know how you got on with it after you're done. Make sure to post a training report while you're at it. You go get'm tiger!!
I get what you're getting at, but I'd humbly suggest that that's a pretty arrogant attitude to have with one of this board's representatives of a long-term paid-up family of supporters.

Of course we don't have the power to influence decisions, but we do have strength in numbers and daring each other to drop off when we need patience and loyalty is a poor choice imo.

I get what you're getting at, but I'd humbly suggest that that's a pretty arrogant attitude to have with one of this board's representatives of a long-term paid-up family of supporters.

Of course we don't have the power to influence decisions, but we do have strength in numbers and daring each other to drop off when we need patience and loyalty is a poor choice imo.
I wasn't aiming at him, he just took it personally is all. Nor was it arrogant. Kenty at the utmost.

Anyone?

I’m not being a smart ass, genuinely curious his over arching role?

I initially thought it was to try and get in some recruits, had a specialty in that field from all reports.
Given the vague job title up until this season, his impact would be difficult to quantify. Would probably have to speak to someone ITK. I'm also interested to know who of our 3 Horseman of the apocalypse actually holds the reins?

Simon Dalrymple - Talent Identification and Player Movement Manager
Stephen Silvagni - List Manager
Graeme Allan - Head of Talent and Acquisition

I would guess Silvagni is under both with Dalrymple answering to Allan but could have that totally backwards. Seems like Allan hides under the blanket, Silvagni in the MCG carpark plotting vengeance and Dalrymple with the weight of 60 year drought on his drafting finger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold on ....

Port got rid of Polec & Pittard (hardly guns) to North for Pick 11 which they in turn traded to Freo along with pick 23 & 30 to get pick 6

They then turned that pick 6 & two other dross picks into Sam Mayes & pick 5 (which they got Rozee with)

Butters was there standard pick due to their 2017 ladder finish

They traded Wingard (small forward) for Burton & pick 15 (turned into Dursmaa who has now left Port)

So they got rid of Polec Pittard & Wingard .... hardly an elite vanguard .... and last time I looked Port haven't won a recent Premiership and before the weekend sat outside the 8

As for the Hawks most of their gun trading is the other way where its not bringing in picks but rather trading out picks for players or nailing rhe draft with their given standard picks

Everitt, Burgoyne, Gibson, McEvoy, Gunston, Lake all brought in for picks traded out

One trade that they did strike gold with was Croad to Freo whereby they netted Pick 1 (Hodge) & pick 36 (Mitchell ... speculative pick) .... mainly cause a young Freo had no idea what they were doing ... eventually Hawks coughed up pick 10 to get Croad back

As for trading out other players for picks?

They traded Nathan Thompson to get pick 10 & 26 and then traded 10 & 37 to get pick 7 & Bo Nixon .... pick 7 ended up as Lewis .... Thompson was hardly what you would call a generation gun

Jonathan Hay & Nathan Lonie ...... each got a mid teen pick ..... Birchall & Max Bailey

So Croad / Thompson / Hay / Lonie .... all hardly champions .... granted they did get Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell & Birchall

As for their other great to good Premiership players ....

Franklin was a standard draft pick (5) Roughead was a hand out priority pick (2)
Cyril ... standard pick (12)
Hill ... standard pick (33)
Smith .... standard pick (19)
Stratton ... standard pick (46)
Shiels .... standard pick (34)
Puopolo ... standard pick (66)
Breust ... rookie pick
Sewell ... rookie pick
Suckling ... rookie pick
Guerra - PSD
Ellis ... hand out priority pick (3)

Add those to players they traded in for picks ... mentioned above

Hawks nailed more gun players via standard ladder position draft picks or trading in players/trading out picks than they did trading out players for picks
Not really commenting on the discussion but thanks for putting together a lengthy and properly researched post. Efforts like this make the forum a lot better.

That's fine but at some point they have to deliver instead of going backwards. Ratts was sacked because we thought he wasn't maximising the list available. He had 10 wins in his final year. Ross would need to win 5 out of the remains 8 games to equal that and his answer is to cull the good players to bring in draft picks in a draft that is shit.

That's high risk low reward IMO. Gambles sometimes come off but if you don't you have a worse list than you started with and no senior players to take over when the seniors step out.

To me we need to move Lyon to a director of football role, sack Sos and find the best available list manager we can get. Chase down a young senior coach who has recent experience in a successful side. Ideally something like McQualter, Hansen etc and Justin Leppisch as a senior assistant and 2IC.
I swear you have 10 different changes noted that the club should make per day. Ross Lyon must have filled about 6 different roles in the last month now lol

We could go on a 3peat and you will complain about something

Still a little confused on the draft picks if we currently have GWS 2nd round pick or Adelaide’s 2nd rounder they traded to GWS initially?

Hoping it’s the Crows one.

Hold on ....

Port got rid of Polec & Pittard (hardly guns) to North for Pick 11 which they in turn traded to Freo along with pick 23 & 30 to get pick 6

They then turned that pick 6 & two other dross picks into Sam Mayes & pick 5 (which they got Rozee with)

Butters was there standard pick due to their 2017 ladder finish

They traded Wingard (small forward) for Burton & pick 15 (turned into Dursmaa who has now left Port)

So they got rid of Polec Pittard & Wingard .... hardly an elite vanguard .... and last time I looked Port haven't won a recent Premiership and before the weekend sat outside the 8

As for the Hawks most of their gun trading is the other way where its not bringing in picks but rather trading out picks for players or nailing rhe draft with their given standard picks

Everitt, Burgoyne, Gibson, McEvoy, Gunston, Lake all brought in for picks traded out

One trade that they did strike gold with was Croad to Freo whereby they netted Pick 1 (Hodge) & pick 36 (Mitchell ... speculative pick) .... mainly cause a young Freo had no idea what they were doing ... eventually Hawks coughed up pick 10 to get Croad back

As for trading out other players for picks?

They traded Nathan Thompson to get pick 10 & 26 and then traded 10 & 37 to get pick 7 & Bo Nixon .... pick 7 ended up as Lewis .... Thompson was hardly what you would call a generation gun

Jonathan Hay & Nathan Lonie ...... each got a mid teen pick ..... Birchall & Max Bailey

So Croad / Thompson / Hay / Lonie .... all hardly champions .... granted they did get Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell & Birchall

As for their other great to good Premiership players ....

Franklin was a standard draft pick (5) Roughead was a hand out priority pick (2)
Cyril ... standard pick (12)
Hill ... standard pick (33)
Smith .... standard pick (19)
Stratton ... standard pick (46)
Shiels .... standard pick (34)
Puopolo ... standard pick (66)
Breust ... rookie pick
Sewell ... rookie pick
Suckling ... rookie pick
Guerra - PSD
Ellis ... hand out priority pick (3)

Add those to players they traded in for picks ... mentioned above

Hawks nailed more gun players via standard ladder position draft picks or trading in players/trading out picks than they did trading out players for picks

Great post So well done with research on this.

Does he need to work harder and lead better? Yes. Is it going to be easier to lead and get the ball if our mids aren't Clark, Ross and co? Yes.

I love this. Clark's problem is he doesn't get enough of the ball, not his kicking to leading forwards. He's the one who kicks the ball into f50 the most like Robert Harvey in the team.

And Seb has actually delivered the ball well into the f50 this year. Again, he's not getting enough of the ball this year.

Steele is clearly an inferior kick into f50 than these two, but let's whack the whipping boys again.

Max needs to get on his bike a lot more, in both directions, and this was evident in the last quarter on Sunday, but to trade him would be insanity.

I love this. Clark's problem is he doesn't get enough of the ball, not his kicking to leading forwards. He's the one who kicks the ball into f50
I love this. Clark's problem is he doesn't get enough of the ball, not his kicking to leading forwards. He's the one who kicks the ball into f50 the most like Robert Harvey in the team.

And Seb has actually delivered the ball well into the f50 this year. Again, he's not getting enough of the ball this year.

Steele is clearly an inferior kick into f50 than these two, but let's whack the whipping boys again.

Max needs to get on his bike a lot more, in both directions, and this was evident in the last quarter on Sunday, but to trade him would be insanity.

like Robert Harvey in the team.

Can't remember Harvey having 50% disposal efficiency.
50% on Sunday meant that Clark had 7 effective disposals.
Jack Steele had 18 effective disposals.
Jimmy Webster had 14.
Butler had 10.
Windhager had 9
Sharman in one quarter had 3.

Can't remember Harvey having 50% disposal efficiency.
50% on Sunday meant that Clark had 7 effective disposals.
Jack Steele had 18 effective disposals.
Jimmy Webster had 14.
Butler had 10.
Windhager had 9
Sharman in one quarter had 3.

Probably because it wasn't a stat for much of his career.

As has been well established in this forum, you get an effective disposal for any kick over 40m, which absolves any long kick into f50 that is not to a forward's advantage. I'm not about to re-watch the game because I like to avoid pain, but I wonder how many of Jack Steele's long kicks fit this exact description.

I know who I'd rather be leading at.

Yep, his last contract (The one he's on now was an average of 750k per season)

That's pretty fair for what he was delivering and the potential he had showed when he signed the deal.
His new deal will be considered an overpay by todays standards but even out and be considered a bargain by the end of it.

Probably because it wasn't a stat for much of his career.

As has been well established in this forum, you get an effective disposal for any kick over 40m, which absolves any long kick into f50 that is not to a forward's advantage. I'm not about to re-watch the game because I like to avoid pain, but I wonder how many of Jack Steele's long kicks fit this exact description.

I know who I'd rather be leading at.
Pretty sure you don’t get it for a 40m kick which is marked uncontested by the opposition. So only 40m kicks to a contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back