List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Misson confirmed in the presser that Max has been playing with a knee issue since the Giants game. End of story.
The incident at Manaka looked bad at the time so absolutely no surprise that Big Maxy's had that knee hampering him ever since.

Hope you are right mate.
Would much rather Battle stay, but if he doesn't we just have to get pick 5 as compo.
Still pick 4 mid in the Bont range would not go astray ( probably get Jimmy Toumpas though and the new Bont goes at 5, Battle first game of 2025 gets concussion and retires)

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds like despite Hawthorns best effort, Perryman’s interest is to play for Port Adelaide. Could see them up their offer for Battle having missed out on a few key free agents this last few years

Are knee and shoulder injuries impact injuries? We shouldn't trade him but his body has been fragile to this point. So was Curnow and Daniher so it doesn't mean much, I think he's a bit injury prone though.

If they’re not impact injuries what are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But people (posters) suggest that would never happen under Lyon and the medical team. Ironical if continuing to play him lead to the actual PCL tear? Wake up and smell the roses people, Lyon had significant flaws back in 2009/2010 and they are still evident. Im not suggesting sacking him but someone needs to address these things with him. Misson is not going to do it, we all know he is Lyon's puppet and wouldnt have got the job hadnt it been for Ross wanting his own people around him.

Tell us more about Ross sacking Geoff Walsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every comment about this draft from you just makes out as if this draft class is getting worse and worse.

You are incredibly bias to what you want and it makes engaging in this conversation very hard.

If pick 3 = Koltyn Tholstrup

Then we might as well trade a hypothetical pick 4 & 5.

What will end up happening is that we take 2 mids and you’ll end up falling in love with one if not both of them

For a few year until they end up Clark and Coff

Although we have no control over this, how beneficial would it be for our list to get access to seemingly two of our best NGA kids (Hofmann and Cole).

Absolutely no guarantees that they become world beaters, but we need to stockpile talent. I haven't been able to watch many Vic Metro games, but surely Lennox and Adrian would need a strong finish to the season break inside the top-40?

Think we’ll get access to both. Neither are overly impressive but worth a free hit.

or Young and Serong

I just don't think this is a very strong front end of this draft. Really prefer to get our natural pick and get out. Losing Battle is probably a 25% to 50% chance of replacing him with player of equal quality about 10% of an upgrade. To me the best options would be Jagga Smith and Trainor. Players like Langford and Reid look good but they are all mid to late firsts. There are a lot of mids but none are amazing. Smith probably likely to go high now unless Murphy Reid does jump up hard.

Yuck. Both would require a trade and take up a list spot. I’d rather play Ari or Keeler if we are determined to do dumb things. Losing a 25 year old Battle for guys over 30 is the most StKilda thing ever.

Yet losing a 25 year old free agent for one of the best junior talents in the country is something that many other clubs see as good list management.

I just don't think this is a very strong front end of this draft. Really prefer to get our natural pick and get out. Losing Battle is probably a 25% to 50% chance of replacing him with player of equal quality about 10% of an upgrade. To me the best options would be Jagga Smith and Trainor. Players like Langford and Reid look good but they are all mid to late firsts. There are a lot of mids but none are amazing. Smith probably likely to go high now unless Murphy Reid does jump up hard.
That’s what Dalrymple is for…picking some talent later in the draft, and nailing our initial picks. Back him in.

Yet losing a 25 year old free agent for one of the best junior talents in the country is something that many other clubs see as good list management.

It depends on the junior talent.

All the strategy that Pelican put in place was fine...except they ignored the actual process of identifying talent.
They assumed if you took Pick X you would get player Y.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back