List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Josh battle today. Seemed very engaged at the family clinic. He signed my daughter’s poster and I said to him ‘that’s the signature we need on a contract.’ He tried hard to ignore the comment but after 2-3 seconds turned and smiled/chuckled…..read into what you will. The body language was very positive though.

Hope he stays. Was great with the kids at the junior clinic today and looks ready for another 6 big seasons of footy.
New dad Josh seems very engaged with the little fans.

Surely he won’t break their tiny hearts 😊

Steele’s name has come up as a potential trade out. Or him wanting out. Not advocating it, but if it came to pass I wonder what would happen.

Where would he go, and what would we get? End of R1 from a contending team? Many don’t think this draft is good at the top end. But it apparently stretches out in to the second round with similar levels of talent.

Would that be good long term? Certainly not short term.
You'd want a fair amount than 1 end of first round. Tough **** for Steele, he's contracted on big money so it would want to be a game changing deal for us.

The Northern sides are good because fans don’t hold list management to any account. They can do cheap deals for clearing cap space without getting members upset. This is exactly the type of dealing we should look at. Gubby was meant to use his contacts inside GWS to steal all their talent. So far he’s been quite slow.
You're being very kind with your words regarding Gubby.
Looks like he's just using St.Kilda to get his retirement fund bumped up to me.
Has he done anything significant since joining!? 🤷🏼‍♂️

You guys always prefer being down the ladder and winning trade period. I want to win matches. I haven't got 5 years of interest left in this blackhole club. At some point they have to move forward. Sunk cost isn't working as well as it used to. I don't think I even like footy anymore.
I laugh...but know where you're at. Just can't get into it at all either. I usually watch at least the first 5 or 6 rounds avidly before getting on with other things in life, knowing that once again we're not going to do anything worthwhile.
This year I got to round 3.

We need to be patient. I haven't read this thread but I assume the King trade talk is all media generated. This season feels far worse then it acutally has been because we've lost 6 games by 2 goals or less. Think we can all agree finals was not on the radar last year and was also driven by a hot start and a soft draw. I didn't expect us to be this low on the ladder but the worst thing we can do now is panic trade.

Coupla virgins
Twomey undoubtedly, but I get the sense with Riley Beverage that he's more of a kinkmaster into anyone and anything, stuff that even Dutch pr0n producers would get nervous about.

He probably lets Cal watch from inside his wardrobe from time to time because it gets his partner/s off.

Not that Cal is even watching that crazy shit, he's sitting in the wardrobe checking TAC matches on his phone.

You're being very kind with your words regarding Gubby.
Looks like he's just using St.Kilda to get his retirement fund bumped up to me.
Has he done anything since joining!? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Fixed that for you.

I saw Josh battle today. Seemed very engaged at the family clinic. He signed my daughter’s poster and I said to him ‘that’s the signature we need on a contract.’ He tried hard to ignore the comment but after 2-3 seconds turned and smiled/chuckled…..read into what you will. The body language was very positive though.

Hope he stays. Was great with the kids at the junior clinic today and looks ready for another 6 big seasons of footy.
He’s gone

Had we gotten McKenzie we would've missed Mattaes, I'm ok with missing him.

As good as Van Rooyen is, Mac Andrew is the one I'd be missed with as far as Vic NGA misses go.
Disagree. McKenzie will be a star and we could have moved our first into the following year and double dipped. That’s where the real advantage is

It depends on the junior talent.

All the strategy that Pelican put in place was fine...except they ignored the actual process of identifying talent.
They assumed if you took Pick X you would get player Y.
I mean, Acres is move that servicable for Carlton, Dunstan looked like he would be an elite mid in his first season and Billings had all the tricks you could ask for.

Might not be Pelican's ability to assess talent but the clubs inability to actually set standards and develop talent during that period.

I'm a bit over footy. I used too like watching other sides play. It makes me angry now. Umpiring ruins most match outcomes seems and there is no real personality or excitement in the game. Saw some footage of an old Freo v Saints game with G Train raging today. That era was so good. The game was absolutely peaking with great personalities in announcing, players had character and the game had raw energy and felt like it was rising. It all feels a bit flat and tired now.
Clubs media training players and erasing nearly all their own personality in interviews is criminal.

It's why guys like Swanny, Gawn, Libba etc are liked by the wider public, because they actually show parts of themselves and don't just give credit to the systems and structures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they young guys get injured or poorly out of form we need a backup
Hayes would cost nothing.
Not sure about Tomlinson.

Outside of that if battle goes our depth is very thin

Van Es
Cordy
Keeler
Shoenmaker
Howard
Mclennan
Wilkie

Hayens def sures that up for 1-2 years. Stay strong defensively and play the kids in the middle. Owens more than capable as a big body.
Means if the bottom falls out it doesn’t get too messy

If we lose Battle we are going to go backwards anyway. Might as well play kids in those roles. The age profile of the list is going to drop off a cliff when the Steele, Wilkie, Sincs, Wood, Hill, Marshall, Butler etc all start to slow down or finish up in 3 to 4 years.

King and Snags are the only mid career guys that look like they are definite keepers besides Batts.

In 4 years they'll be late 20s with guys like Bonner our seniors. We need to stack out that middle age bracket heaps even if they are GOPs just to not hit a wall.

Even in our youth group we have Nas, Henry, Wilson, Windy, Owens, Schoey, Phillipou, Hammer, Keeler, Garcia, Hastie, Collard types coming through. If 3/4 of that youth group make it to 100 games we will have done better than the average.

If a few aren't absolute stars we are going to be in massive trouble. We need to make finals and look like we are moving forward to attract players in. To me that's getting a Crouch replacement so that we stay competitive now and it also helps bring through the young guys in a winning environment and helps to get them to sign on for another few years. Bring in too many over 28s and it's just kicking the can down the road and making the cliff higher.

Get this wrong and we'll leak players out and never get better.

I mean, Acres is move that servicable for Carlton, Dunstan looked like he would be an elite mid in his first season and Billings had all the tricks you could ask for.

Might not be Pelican's ability to assess talent but the clubs inability to actually set standards and develop talent during that period.

Probably a bit of everything but I think Trout definitely made terrible calls. Billings probably should have been played in a less exposed way. He wasn't an alpha personality and needed to be a finisher in a good side, not handed the pressure to perform and carry a side. Acres was poorly developed, forced into roles like ruck forward that most fans could see wasn't his strength.

Dunny was never looking elite until the year we pushed him out. We were impatient and bad at development.

I laugh...but know where you're at. Just can't get into it at all either. I usually watch at least the first 5 or 6 rounds avidly before getting on with other things in life, knowing that once again we're not going to do anything worthwhile.
This year I got to round 3.

I watched the Bombers match with a Richmond mate and said that was season over. He was laughing at me giving up in round three but you could just tell we weren't going anywhere. This season can't end soon enough. Every game seems to be an endurance exercise. Then I've just got to hope we don't **** up draft and trade period and then have summer to not have to deal with these campaigners.

Forgive my ignorance but is there any sorta timeline we can expect to follow with Battle, I mean when's the absolute deadline for a decision such as his?

Twomey undoubtedly, but I get the sense with Riley Beverage that he's more of a kinkmaster into anyone and anything, stuff that even Dutch pr0n producers would get nervous about.

He probably lets Cal watch from inside his wardrobe from time to time because it gets his partner/s off.

Not that Cal is even watching that crazy shit, he's sitting in the wardrobe checking TAC matches on his phone.

Beverage looks like a real scat and straps kind of operator. That or makes a slip and slide out of his old pizza boxes and slithers up and down on them naked.

What a great job the club did with the junior members clinic yesterday.
My daughter loved the activities and the holmesglen kids and players were fantastic.
They'll have created some lifelong supporters.

I watched the Bombers match with a Richmond mate and said that was season over. He was laughing at me giving up in round three but you could just tell we weren't going anywhere. This season can't end soon enough. Every game seems to be an endurance exercise. Then I've just got to hope we don't **** up draft and trade period and then have summer to not have to deal with these campaigners.

Doesn't matter if we absolutely kill the draft, there are teams like GC, Sydney, GWS, Brisbane, Carlton, etc, every one either in the eight or near it getting free NGA's F/S and then double dipping with their frdp's.
It is a rigged system that can't be won.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn't matter if we absolutely kill the draft, there are teams like GC, Sydney, GWS, Brisbane, Carlton, etc, every one either in the eight or near it getting free NGA's F/S and then double dipping with their frdp's.
It is a rigged system that can't be won.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with this, saints are pushing it up hill under the current system

New dad Josh seems very engaged with the little fans.

Surely he won’t break their tiny hearts 😊

Great tactic Spaceman.
Any of us with small kids should get on this.
Plan.
Take bag of chopped onions to training , along with small kids.
Give kids a big whif of chopped onions , before instructing kids to run up to Josh crying " is it true you are leaving Josh "

We need to be patient. I haven't read this thread but I assume the King trade talk is all media generated. This season feels far worse then it acutally has been because we've lost 6 games by 2 goals or less. Think we can all agree finals was not on the radar last year and was also driven by a hot start and a soft draw. I didn't expect us to be this low on the ladder but the worst thing we can do now is panic trade.
Don't worry, thankfully none of the frail hearts on here have any say in anything to do with the club. I think we'll see some big decisions made this year, but nothing as capitulating as that.

We shouldn’t forget that rule changes and tactical shifts relegated slower players with unremarkable disposal like Dunstan within a very quick timeframe.

In another era they could possibly have had stellar careers.

The most resilient players are some combination of high footy iq, gifted athletically, versatile functionally, elite disposal by foot, and combative in the contest.

When you get someone who ticks all those boxes then you have a Dustin Martin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back