List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caldwell and Durham both out of contract.

Surely we drive a truckload of cash to their door.
They have a truckload of cap space. Wont be going anywhere.

Just my guess:

I reckon this offseason our movements will look like:

Out:
Battle out for band 1
Membrey Jones Howard Paton all at other clubs.
1 x trade request from our current best 22.

In:
Band 1
SOS has a huge history of pick bundling into the first round - x1
1 or 2 older players on the outer: Macrae Parker Lobb etc
1 or 2 fringe players

Just my guess:

Out:
Battle out for band 1

In:
Band 1
1 or 2 fringe players
Steele?

Just my guess:

Out:
Battle out for band 1

In:
Band 1
1 or 2 fringe players

Truckload of space?

They just paid overs for McKay and Gresham.

Be interested to see what they pay an put of contract Stringer.

Just my guess:

Out:
Battle out for band 1

In:
Band 1
1 or 2 fringe players

That is so depressing. That looks like we'll go backwards from this year.

Our midfield potentially loses Steele and Crouch. Maybe pick up Macrae which off sets one of them.

Loses Battle and Howard gains Lobb.

Cut all depth. I'm not sure why you'd have a go at bottoming out hard then go for 29 year olds. It looks like we are confused again. Finals aren't happening for years are they.

Our midfield potentially loses Steele and Crouch. Maybe pick up Macrae which off sets one of them.

Cut all depth. I'm not sure why you'd have a go at bottoming out hard then go for 29 year olds. It looks like we are confused again. Finals aren't happening for years are they.
I’m just pointing the direction I hope they go.

No idea what they do from here. As I said above. Haven’t been at the club in over a month. Probably won’t be there for another month.

I see this year as an opportunity to really attack a first round and I like a lot of the talents here. I don’t like the first 2-3 picks. I think they are very hard choices right now.

I like our current projected draft pick + potential band 1 pick.

I would love 1-2 teens picks.

Move out of the second round and try get higher.

Take our 2 academy boys and Peckett Jnr late on.

Weirdly early last year with Zlugger and Hammer in the tall forward posts, we delivered the ball with precision and purpose.
Interesting psychological experiment gonna happen now till end of season. If our entries drastically improve or forwards suddenly become functional then we're gonna be faced with an uncomfortable reality.

Interesting psychological experiment gonna happen now till end of season. If our entries drastically improve or forwards suddenly become functional then we're gonna be faced with an uncomfortable reality.
Is that reality that our team is lazy and just expects king to do everything?

Hold your horses mate. Steele is hardly even a wisp of a rumour and replacing our cooked vets with a couple that have 2 years left in them is fine if it costs very little. So long as we draft well again there's no problem.

Can you imagine? He's our captain and our best midfielder by the length of the Flemington straight. If he requests a trade it would be a dead set disaster lol.
Agreed. Forget his underwhelming output, the hit to club morale would be enormous. Decent clubs don’t lose a captain. We’d be very clearly going backwards from an age and talent perspective and the media would be coming with pitchforks for the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out:
Battle out for band 1

Well this IF it generates Band1 at least gains a decent reward.

Will get bugga all for this group.

Howard the only one with any potential decent trade vale, and that is weakened as he is out of contract at the end of 2024.

Limited suitors for Steele. The better clubs all have better options, and in particular given what clubs now want in a mid. Steele is a "yesterday" style mid.

North maybe as they lack experience, though they have more talented young mids than they can play as mids.

All this chatter re: Batts is disappointing. Both my young girls have met him away from football and love him. God knows I have a hard enough time keeping them interested and wanting to go to games.
I just see Josh as a heart and soul saint. Has all the qualities we admire in our players. I think losing club favourites can chip away at membership
Just hope the club factor this in before being captivated by the next shiny bauble.

With the near certainty we seem to be placing on getting band 1 compensation if Battle leaves are we sounding like the Adelaide supporters when we took Crouch from them?
We just offered Crouch a normal wage and he wanted to leave.... why is this different?

One way, or another, this coming trade and draft period is going to determine our future more than most.

1/ We have exited out a lot of senior players recently. So this could be about to be ramped up even more if say Steele and Battle both left , along with some others.
  • This would see us have some quality picks that could address our midfield issues longterm. But will see us as battlers for at least several years (Well unless by some miracle quality FAs choose to join us in 2026)

2/ Or that may not occur re Steele and/or Battle in which case it basically just going to be last years trade/drat period revisited
  • Rinse and repeat last year where we add some good youth, but given our picks, this is not list changing, just continued slow evolving. Plus some cast offs from other clubs to address some immediate needs. Dalyrmple will need to work miracles

3/ Or our wet dreams become a reality (unlikely) and we actually trade in some quality players. ie Bailey Smith selects the Saints over Cats or Hawks.

3/ would seem improbable.
1/ or 2/ are the more likely scenarios. Done well they will give us hope for the future, but most likely means just making up the numbers for 2 or more seasons.

Dome badly and we slide into becoming a real basketcase.

ROSE GLASSES 2025

We bring in some quality young mids. Pou after one more preseason has a man's body at last and starts to rip things up. King is injury free and leading, and his team mates at last are not just going with the long tested "roosts" into the forward line. Owens has his mojo back, Caminiti has learnt to kick, and Nas is even stronger and now slotting goal on the run. Crouch has done a lazuraus to be our old mid they are youth are working with. Collard is now finding more of the ball. Arie has gained some pace and has filled out. nicely. Keeler is leaping over tall opponents in a single bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back