List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just reading the battle ufa thread. Imagine if north got band one for zurhaar?
Hahaha I would spew. I don’t think his offer will be as good as battles
I’ve seen that post.

The starting point according to the fan is norths offer of 750k.

You would need a club to go 100k p/year guaranteed with no triggers just to get to 850.

Battles starting point was 800k.

I would say it’s wishful thinking and hoping that because Battle is around the band 1 mark they believe Zurhaar should.

Well this IF it generates Band1 at least gains a decent reward.

Will get bugga all for this group.

Howard the only one with any potential decent trade vale, and that is weakened as he is out of contract at the end of 2024.

Limited suitors for Steele. The better clubs all have better options, and in particular given what clubs now want in a mid. Steele is a "yesterday" style mid.

North maybe as they lack experience, though they have more talented young mids than they can play as mids.
Geelong would take Steele imo, so would Melbourne and probably Collingwood. All have holes in their midfields - Geelong's is one of the weakest in the comp, Viney and maybe even Oliver past their best, Mitchell Pendles almost past their best too

The difference is they had a team full of other handy players I.e. dusty, Rance, Grimes jroo, prestige, graham, Cotchin etc. Not sure we have the same luxury of giving up talented players
Deledio left after 2016 they let Vickey go in FA

They brought in Nankervis Prestia Caddy

Drafted Bolton + Graham

They won the flag in 2017.

The clubs message since Ross came back was that we’d be building around the core of Owens, NWM, Windy, Pou, Hammer & King.Add last years mix of Hugo, Wilson, Schoey, Hastie and Collard and we are well on the way. It can’t then come as a surprise, nor should it disappoint if the club make changes to our list to support that narrative.

Wilkie, Sinclair, Marshall and Steele can stick around to support that build but outside of that, there’s a fair bit of flexibility in who can be moved on.

My advice to all supporters, is listen to Ross and Andrew Basset when they speak. They are very deliberate and certain of their path.

Do not listen to the media, they’re quick to speak without thought and subsequently create hysteria and conversation.

If you do both of these things, then the path forward for St Kilda, and the actions that support it are easier to understand.

Deledio left after 2016 they let Vickey go in FA

They brought in Nankervis Prestia Caddy

Drafted Bolton + Graham

They won the flag in 2017.
Sure, but they also had A graders like Dusty, Rance, Cotchin, jRoo . We don't. The deledio trade really only netted Higgo who at his time at Tiger land was just a handy player

My advice to all supporters, is listen to Ross and Andrew Basset when they speak. They are very deliberate and certain of their path.

Do not listen to the media, they’re quick to speak without thought and subsequently create hysteria and conversation.

If you do both of these things, then the path forward for St Kilda, and the actions that support it are easier to understand.
People choose to ignore them out of spite

People choose to ignore them out of spite

They just make excuse after excuse. They keep pushing the time line out further. If they go backwards further next year Bassat and Lyon should go.

They just make excuse after excuse. They keep pushing the time line out further. If they go backwards further next year Bassat and Lyon should go.
We just gonna shuffle the decks until we fold are we? Nothing like continuous instability to help build a winning culture

We want the pick. We can get a better player potentially at pick. It’s hard to upgrade LDU

Which player do you think will be better than Battle?
The kids are there running round playing footy, which one? If you are dreaming of Harley Reid, he was in last years draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have a truckload of cap space. Wont be going anywhere.

Just my guess:

I reckon this offseason our movements will look like:

Out:
Battle out for band 1
Membrey Jones Howard Paton all at other clubs.
1 x trade request from our current best 22.

In:
Band 1
SOS has a huge history of pick bundling into the first round - x1
1 or 2 older players on the outer: Macrae Parker Lobb etc
1 or 2 fringe players

Please, no Rory Lobb.

He is a potato. Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Currently at his third club.

Parker would be fantastic if he was dirt cheap. No to Macrae. Father Time has caught up with him.

We desperately need another key defender.

Who was it said we should trade a drug effed 24 y.o outside mid who went completely off the boil then did his acl for pick 5?
Surely having a laugh

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lets trade Steele for Clarry.

Help each other settle in at the club

I wish fans would stop rubbishing the club for things they haven’t done, and have not even indicated they are looking to do.

The club can’t be held responsible for fans rumours, brain farts, delusional thoughts, depressed imaginations, drug fuelled hallucinations etc etc

By all means criticise them for silly/irresponsible actions.

But let’s wait until they actually happen.

LDU happy to stay a Kanga yet we couldn’t convince Battle to stay. Must stink down at Moorabbin atm

Let's be blunt for a bit;

We are the dreamers that dream big, always chasing rarely the bride.

North are the jaded bride, married to the chase only they never got the skill to bring anything to the marriage so they just have a cry about whatever ails them but they stay in one place, never moving, never changing, as they missed the boat and the Tigers, Dons, Pies, Dees and co took everything they could want so recycle the never moving never changing "just give me..." jaded wife of the game.

Any dreamer that can see them making an impact, they seriously consider us, from the "hop on my shoulders and I'll carry you there" types like Roo and Lenny all the way to TC at present all "I'll develop the young guys and maybe pop up for one or two, but be the best damn support I can be" to end up as best clubman, or the Mason Wood mentor mould that's been well documented.

North, North will get the merc that wants a paycheque that has BDE because they know they can benefit from such an org that wants so very much to be heard, to be seen, to be relevant as the small club no one wants to invest in, that they see $$$$ to pilfer from it and use such an org.

They are the Pies, Dons, Blues or the group, only without the "prestige" that those clubs have to people. They're the dock worker who is half tanked variant that does the job, cleans the deck, gos to the pub and gets tanked to rinse repeat then raid a rival crew.

Are we thinking the Cole can fill that void in the future or the preference is Trainor? Or both?

Cole looks very average. Probably around the level of Van Es so if he comes on it's a bonus.

Battle probably replaced by Schoenmaker I imagine.

Caminiti will replace battle. But we need more than just that. We are miles off it

Battle is an intercepting defender. Caminiti would have to play as a key position back instead of Dougal. I'd prefer Hammer in the forward line to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back