List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My advice to all supporters, is listen to Ross and Andrew Basset when they speak. They are very deliberate and certain of their path.

Do not listen to the media, they’re quick to speak without thought and subsequently create hysteria and conversation.

If you do both of these things, then the path forward for St Kilda, and the actions that support it are easier to understand.
Prez has been very very steadfast with this:

"There will be no short cuts this time"

He's continually stated that we as a club have been way too guilty of doing this.

And because of this...... here we are.

The ship is slowly turning.......very slowly atm.

Keeping Richo and Trout helped enormously.
For the first time in 20 years we have an administration who’s willing to take a hit in the short term for the good of our club’s longevity and you want to boot them?

Trout and Cho continually mortgaged our future for the now, opting for list clogging middle of the road players to keep us from bottoming out further.

So Bassat to go

Who exactly will be better to come in?

Do you want Wasteaway back?

Why do we have to have shit? If you don't perform you get the arse just like in any business. These ****wits stuff everything up because there is no pressure on them to get moving.

10 years of sub par performance and Saints fans keep buying memberships and the half arse away paying incompetents to not perform.

For the first time in 20 years we have an administration who’s willing to take a hit in the short term for the good of our club’s longevity and you want to boot them?

Trout and Cho continually mortgaged our future for the now, opting for list clogging middle of the road players to keep us from bottoming out further.
💯 we are paying the price now of so many people wanting a quick fix. Lethas butchered this club. Let’s just do it properly this time. Take the criticism, stick fat.

LDU happy to stay a Kanga yet we couldn’t convince Battle to stay. Must stink down at Moorabbin atm
Steady on there Miha....keep your powder dry.

To my naked eye....once I've taken my sunnies off....there appears to be no discontent at Rsea.

But....behind closed doors.....who knows.

I was actually down at Rsea this morning.......it was absolutely freezing.....brass monkeys everywhere !!!!!!!

Steely and Josh were heading for the players entrance having a good chat and laugh.

I stood there thinking that Josh was saying:

"I'll be on the big bucks Jack"

Jack replies:

"Your probably on the money there Josh.......truckloads of it"

Why do we have to have shit? If you don't perform you get the arse just like in any business. These ****wits stuff everything up because there is no pressure on them to get moving.

10 years of sub par performance and Saints fans keep buying memberships and the half arse away paying incompetents to not perform.
Sack Kenny, sack Kenny 🤣🤣. Gringo you’ve been screaming for what we’re doing, why have you jumped off ?.

Looking at our list I’ve been saying this was our only course and I still believe it is. Without changing the rules or some wildly unrealistic trades or free agents how do you propose we get into contention and stay there ?.

I’m very happy with the young talent we have, I rate several of them very highly. We’re not burning the place down and we have a chance to add the mids we’ve needed for years this offseason via the draft and trade. Seriously who cares if we’re down on last year especially when you look at the injuries we’ve had.

I’ll admit it’s going to be a nervous year or two and we still need to nail our picks and trades but that’s sport not just afl.

Last edited:

They blew the first rebuild under Pelican with Lee, Saad, White types. Then blew the second under Trout with Paddy, Billings etc, then the third under Lethers. And now we are going again. Each one has taken time and had no success. We've been drafting seriously since 2021 and getting good results. The way we built was upside down but to now to focus on 5 years down the road is changing tack again.

We'll lose that older generation and then be a long way back again. We should be trying to stay competitive while building up. Draft only rebuilds take too long now with all the compromises in the draft. We should be trying to fix holes not fall down the ladder.

The system will get more and more fluid with player movement. Sides at the bottom will struggle to rise if players want out as soon as they hit FA at 25.

If Sos goes we should shop around for an elite list manager as a priority.

Sack Kenny, sack Kenny 🤣🤣. Gringo you’ve been screaming for what we’re doing, why have you jumped off ?.

Looking at our list I’ve been saying this was our only course and I still believe it is. Without changing the rules or some wildly unrealistic trades or free agents how do you propose we get into contention and stay there ?.

I’m very happy with the young talent we have, I rate several of them very highly. We’re not burning the place down and we have a chance to add the mids we’ve needed for years this offseason via the draft and trade. Seriously who cares if we’re down on last year especially when you look at the injuries we’ve had.

I’ll admit it’s going to be a nervous year or two and we still need to nail our picks and trades but that’s sport no just afl.

We have to pay off at some point. We did it arse about. We are drafting with good picks regardless because Lyon has struggled to keep us competitive. Players want out not in. If you are playing boring footy and going backwards it's going to be impossible to attract players.

We can't afford another 10 years following another false dawn. If Bassat's pride make us double down on the wrong road he should go too. Lyon and Bassat have next year and if they can't turn it around the both should go and get some new ideas and energy in.

Players want out not in. If you are playing boring footy and going backwards it's going to be impossible to attract players.
REALITY:

The season is far from over.

As we stand, NO players have requested OUT, and NO potential recruits have said NO (yes Stengle may have re-signed with the Cats, but it’s not like he knocked us back and agreed to move to a rival suitor).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

REALITY:

The season is far from over.

As we stand, NO players have requested OUT, and NO potential recruits have said NO (yes Stengle may have re-signed with the Cats, but it’s not like he knocked us back and agreed to move to a rival suitor).

Battle certainly hasn't shown faith. We are talking about hoping to attract guys like Shiel and Lobb. The trade period is always fraught for Saints fans but this one started in round three. I just wish the whole season would end.

We have to pay off at some point. We did it arse about. We are drafting with good picks regardless because Lyon has struggled to keep us competitive. Players want out not in. If you are playing boring footy and going backwards it's going to be impossible to attract players.

We can't afford another 10 years following another false dawn. If Bassat's pride make us double down on the wrong road he should go too. Lyon and Bassat have next year and if they can't turn it around the both should go and get some new ideas and energy in.
A lot of that is just chatter for clicks, sure Lyon will rub a few faint hearts up the wrong way but you don’t want them anyway. Great coaches from yabby to Belichick put the acid on the stars and soldiers without fear or favour. As to not being able to afford another 10 years as far as I can see we’ve already entered the water slide so hang on and hope for the best. We’ll either be very happy or really xxxxxx but the club will go on and we’ll stick until we drop because that’s what it means to be a supporter.

Last edited:
Battle certainly hasn't shown faith. We are talking about hoping to attract guys like Shiel and Lobb. The trade period is always fraught for Saints fans but this one started in round three. I just wish the whole season would end.

You’re living in some strange parallel universe where “we” = “Big Footy”.

I’m living on earth.

You’re welcome back if you so desire.

Its difficult to trust the current list management group, because we have been let down so many times by incompetent frauds before. I am happy to keep building the list but dont like the idea of losing Battle, while we dont have a ready made replacement. I guess the club cant be completely honest about their plan to bottom out, as they would lose years of work in memberships. Every club has to recycle players at seasons end, but if we lose the experienced players that some are suggesting, we are going to be terrible next year.

How many more poor seasons of football can the supporters cope with? There is no doubt we have some great kids coming through, but the age/experience gap between them and the senior group seems too great. I cant see without trading in that missing age group, how the kids ever improve enough and the team peak before we lose our older players.

Its going to be a juggling act, but Im happy to give the current list management group a chance to correct the clubs past shockers. Its interesting that the coaching group seemed to have changed their play the kids at all costs approach that started the year. Development occurs in all manner of ways but for me players like Keeler, Heath, Garcia even McLennan deserved games well before Collard this year. Its interesting how the club apply different standards to differing kids and players?

Wanganeen-Milera
Owens
Windhager
Wilson
Phillipou
Caminiti
Schoenmaker
Hastie
Garcia
Collard
+ the picks from this years draft

That equates to approx 15 players all in the same age bracket coming through at the same time… that’s the key to building a quality team. It will lead to some pain but we just have to continue to develop and pump games into them.

we are paying the price now of so many people wanting a quick fix. Lethas butchered this club. Let’s just do it properly this time. Take the criticism, stick fat.

The majority of the damage was done way before Satan’s reign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The majority of the damage was done way before Satan’s reign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He didn’t help. Had a chance to get bing back at the club but said it was to hard. He was also in charge when we traded out all our pick for established player just to be middle of the table.

Wanganeen-Milera
Owens
Windhager
Wilson
Phillipou
Caminiti
Schoenmaker
Hastie
Garcia
Collard

That equates to approx 15 players all in the same age bracket coming through at the same time… that’s the key to building a quality team. It will lead to some pain but we just have to continue to develop and pump games into them.
+ Henry.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That is so depressing. That looks like we'll go backwards from this year.

Our midfield potentially loses Steele and Crouch. Maybe pick up Macrae which off sets one of them.

Loses Battle and Howard gains Lobb.

Cut all depth. I'm not sure why you'd have a go at bottoming out hard then go for 29 year olds. It looks like we are confused again. Finals aren't happening for years are they.
If we get Parker + Mcrae, that’s already ahead of Steele + Crouch, if we can get Crouch, Dow fit again, with the natural development of Winghager, Owens and pick4, 5 young mids, maybe trade in another young mid, we are street ahead.. not sure what the doom and gloom is all about?

Battle maybe a loss, but he is not a key position player, Shoenmaker can cover.. Bamby on ice Howard is not a great loss in my opinion.. Wilkie whilst shorter is a far better player..

Wanganeen-Milera
Owens
Windhager
Wilson
Phillipou
Caminiti
Schoenmaker
Hastie
Garcia
Collard

Most clubs have a group of kids coming through. The averages would suggest that about 4 to 6 make it to 100 games let alone become stars.

A big group of kids coming through guarantees nothing and just means that group hopefully has some cohesion and might stick together.

We are never going to get anywhere hoping that we can draft our way to competitiveness unless the AFL change all the rules around FS and academy seriously. Brisbane get probably the most guaranteed player in this draft and a second academy kid. Gold Coast got three top picks last year, have one this year and one next year.

If we are relying on a shoot out we're never going to be able to compete. We have to go now and try to fill holes before the old guys fall off the cliff.

Collingwood has something like 15 recycled or state league players on their list. They aren't waiting for some goldilocks list. We got Lyon in because we assumed he could get more out of a lesser list. We don't need him as a development coach.

We need a sensible list build while staying competitive. Keep drafting and keep adding to the depth through other means. If we wait it will be too late.

... not sure what the doom and gloom is all about?

EmYJtVD.gif

He didn’t help. Had a chance to get bing back at the club but said it was to hard. He was also in charge when we traded out all our pick for established player just to be middle of the table.

Probably better not to. He's not a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back