List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That comment would have no bearing on his decision, when you play AFL all that boy hood stuff goe's out the door, if that was the case imagine how many players would move yearly to get to their boyhood club.

Josh gave a hint the other day in the presser the club is heading in the right direction all he wants is more success and stability with football staff.
Jack Higgins is one. There is fairytales in the AFL

It's the cowards way of moving players on. Sos and Gubby both built lists from long bottom outs. I wish we had a quality list manager on staff. If these clowns stuff this up we probably need a full North Melbourne rebuild just as Tassie takes a bulk of the good draft picks out. Also makes us vulnerable to being raided.
Exactly. If we are down 2-4 goals a game and lose more. What happens to player retention then.

We are being far too clever.

Battle and Caminiti are nothing alike. Hammer would take Dougal's spot as a KP defender. Battle is more Tom Stewart or Jake Lever. Ari would have to take his place.

It might work out long term but the best player around that pick is probably Trainor who is pretty much an 18 year old Battle. That's if we don't rise up the ladder and miss out on the already thin cream.

By the time the 18 year old mids can take control of the midfield Sinclair, Wilkie, Marshall, Steele, Wood, Howard, Hill and those guys will be ready to retire.

I'd say that in the mid career age bracket we have three best 22 players left and a few speculative ones. Battle, Snags and King best 22. Dow, Sharman, Clark, Paton, Byrnes, Bonner etc.

We probably lose a lot of depth this year. It sounds like Membrey, Paton, Ross types are probably on the way out and we get younger again. If we don't overachieve at the draft we are going to be in for a really long rebuild.
Correct. We have no one who can do battles role.

Please read on Stavro explains how it is not their fault, which Im happy with.

Noone is perfect Im not expecting him to be. But when his flaws are pointed out people keep making excuses for him. The more I hear and see of Lyon the less I am convinced he will acheive the ultimate sucess at our club. I think he is a very good defensive coach, a good orator who sells his product well, but there a major gaps in his armour which a lot cant see. What I will concede he has improved standards and expectations since he's arrived, but its obvious some players are questioning him also.

I think he will be best remembered for setting up the club again rather than winning anything.
I don't know...I may be wrong here, but when he came to the club I thought he said it was to build for sustained success, and ensure that the next coach inherits a list, culture, and footy department that will be ready for a tilt.

I don't know...I may be wrong here, but when he came to the club I thought he said it was to build for sustained success, and ensure that the next coach inherits a list, culture, and footy department that will be ready for a tilt.

I think that was on here. But you assume it was because they ****ed the last build so badly that they needed someone who could build a footy department. Lyon was a coach and head of footy

Anyone watched much of Mitch Hardie in Geelong's VFL side? Racking up huge numbers and kicking goals and can't crack a game. Must be some flaws as to why.

Love the Sheldrick call, but wouldn't qualify for free agency so would have to trade, unless he obviously gets delisted. Wonder if Gubby and SOS will look at the depth players this year in lieu of trading for a big fish.

Anyone watched much of Mitch Hardie in Geelong's VFL side? Racking up huge numbers and kicking goals and can't crack a game. Must be some flaws as to why.

Love the Sheldrick call, but wouldn't qualify for free agency so would have to trade, unless he obviously gets delisted. Wonder if Gubby and SOS will look at the depth players this year in lieu of trading for a big fish.

Sheldrick would have to be a trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's also from WA, you think he would want to return to Perth if anywhere.

Probably counts for something but plenty of players are happy to move away.

Exactly. If we are down 2-4 goals a game and lose more. What happens to player retention then.

We are being far too clever.
Please 2 - 4 goals battle 😳 just be honest for a change he’s a good player nothing more. He also plays a position we have cover for so that’s just crap imo.

You’ve been hyper critical of Lyon amongst other things and I’m sorry it just doesn’t line up with what’s actually happening.

9 Year extension for King on the cards :oops: Kane Cornes head will explode
I wonder whether signing King on a 9 year contract (presumably so we can front end load it heavily) effectively means we've given up on Battle.

Mids mids mids. It's all we talk about.

Let Pou and Owens run through there next year.

Grab the best mid we can with pick 5.

Maybe go after Parker

Keep Clark around.

We have Steele, Windy, Henry, Sincs

I'm looking for improved performances from our coaching staff.

Josh Battle is a very good footballer. I feel like he's getting better. I hope like hell we can hang onto him.

This magical pick we're going to get for him has no guarantees.

More pages and pages of Battle going FA.
IMO he's gone and we're getting band 1.
Who we take? 2 of Draper, Jagga, O'Sullivan?
I hope we trade in a tall defender and take the two best available mids.
Keep building out our elite core of young talent.

He might go , he might not.
No point constantly talking about it.

Just read on another thread that the term 'culled' is being thrown about in regards to Battle.

Does anybody think Battle is being selectively slaughtered by the STKFC, or is term being used to deliberately to paint a negative picture of the club who has been reported as trying hard to retain Battle's services.
Why do people continue to shitcan the club with dog whistles?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back