List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the point I’m making.

Battle isn’t worth pick 5 or 6. But that’s what we are looking at getting.

Houston and Battle both on the market today (ignore free agency) Houston would provide the bigger trade return

Tend to disagree 100% on this one.

Battle looks to be a 250-300 game player by the end of career.

This looks like another McEvoy type situation when we think draft picks are better than a best 22 established player.

We do not have a track record with nailing top 10 picks.

We have finally developed a solid player under our football program and we just ship him off when the price is right... good grief.

This looks like another McEvoy type situation when we think draft picks are better than a best 22 established player.

We have finally developed a solid player under our football program and we just ship him off when the price is right... good grief.
We don’t have a track record of winning flags.

Let’s not try achieve that either.

If we are going to be scared of the past - what’s the point of this club having a future?

It’s as simple as the pick exceeds his value.

That pick has infinite value right now.

It gives us options to be better than what we are right now.

So if he stays or goes. It should be win win.

If we are going to be scared of the past - what’s the point of this club having a future?

I've heard this type of rhetoric before. Trust us, we know what we are doing... to be honest, its wearing a little thin.

What I know is that I used to go down to Moorabbin every morning and his green commodore was the first one there. He'd be the first in the gym and sometimes the last to leave.

I'm pretty proud of what the club has achieved with Josh and I hope that they are doing the utmost to keep him.

Every player we trade in seems like a Hannebery or Hill situation or doesn't align with the direction of the list, and every player we trade out seems to be a McEvoy situation or doesn't align with the direction of the list

At what point do you just say, screw the past, we have completely new list management now, back their moves in and enjoy the ride. In the end, they're the ones with the inside information on players while we as supporters just speculate about random crap like Oliver Marshall and Steele

I agree, I really rate Josh, he's a natural leader, he can play forward, middle and back, he's coming into his prime and I really think we'll regret not doing anything we can to convince him to stay.

I get the positives over the deal and that just about justifies it for me, but I think we'll see him reach his full potential at the Hawks and we'll see how we should have developed him.

If he absolutely has to go, now is the time.

I'd be rapt if he chose to stay though. He could be top dog here imo. Forget Steele, this guy could be the guy pushing his team through the GF banner.

Bloody annoying and sad

What do you do with the max king elephant in the room? Keep him and hope he goes from talented player who plays well one in 4 to Charlie curnow. What happens if he stays at the same level.

Would you entertain pick 1 from North for him or parish and tsatsis from the bombers for him. You'd think sos and co would be thinking this now

He's tracking better than Hawkins at the same age, better than Curnow after the same amount of games.

The problem is he's so hyped up that he's not living up to that hype.

Just needs time.

What do you do with the max king elephant in the room? Keep him and hope he goes from talented player who plays well one in 4 to Charlie curnow. What happens if he stays at the same level.

Would you entertain pick 1 from North for him or parish and tsatsis from the bombers for him. You'd think sos and co would be thinking this now
Not even for a milli-second.
A moot point anyway because it appears he’s getting a big new contract soon.

Just needs time.
And a partner in crime.

Curnows’s got McKay.
Hawkins has Cameron
Daniher has Hipwood
Kennedy had Darling
and plenty other examples.

Max has Sharman….sometimes
Caminiti….occasionally

Needs a permanent Robin to his Batman.

I never understand this sentiment.

The people in charge of drafting recruitment now weren’t around in those days. The people we have now don’t have a “track record” with us.
Granted we did some crappy things - but that had nothing to do with the now.

You quote Mc Evoy. I quote Armo and Stuv - both of whom we held onto for too long for romance’s sake. Could’ve got quite a bit more for them when we first got offered than we did when they left eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a win-win IF we get band one.

Well you can if we lose a lot of the older guys in 3 or 4 years and need to be building again at that point and never arrive any closer to a flag.

Drafting players has been done and failed before. The only thing that will show us being closer to a competitive side is developing them and moving forward. He's got this year to flop but he'll need to start pushing forward next year or we are going to be smashed for revenue and membership and the media pressure will be intense.

I think we could have played finals this year with a bit more injury lack but in his third year he's had the same time Ratts had to develop his own side. If he can't at least make us exciting to watch and full of momentum it's going to get ugly.
Every team has that natural attrition gringo, look at Collingwood what are they going to do?. Elliot, Mitchell, Pendelbury, Sidebottom, Crisp, Hoskin - Elliot, Howe, Minocek, Cox are all best 22, all over 30 with several surely year to year. Then they have quite a few in the late twenty’s even Moore will be 29 when next year kicks off.

How are they going to stay competitive when Tassie comes in ? Probably more changes to free agency etc to accomodate them but so long as the salary cap stays we can all get in on that. I’m dead set against being able to trade away cap space and any team not an afl darling should be saying hell no imo.

This comp is so compromised it’s an absolute joke. I think of the afl goes full rogue that will do it for me, I have plenty of other sports to keep me amused. I’ll watch games on the box but I’m tired of being this invested in the Washington Generals.

We have a contract in front of him and he doesn’t want too sign

You would need to be heavily incentivised to take that deal on.

No denying the risk is high. But the reward could also mean a flag

That's what you said about Hanners.

Every team has that natural attrition gringo, look at Collingwood what are they going to do?. Elliot, Mitchell, Pendelbury, Sidebottom, Crisp, Hoskin - Elliot, Howe, Minocek, Cox are all best 22, all over 30 with several surely year to year. Then they have quite a few in the late twenty’s even Moore will be 29 when next year kicks off.

How are they going to stay competitive when Tassie comes in ? Probably more changes to free agency etc to accomodate them but so long as the salary cap stays we can all get in on that. I’m dead set against being able to trade away cap space and any team not an afl darling should be saying hell no imo.

This comp is so compromised it’s an absolute joke. I think of the afl goes full rogue that will do it for me, I have plenty of other sports to keep me amused. I’ll watch games on the box but I’m tired of being this invested in the Washington Generals.

Collingwood probably do what Geeloing did and top up talent like they have from outside the draft. When you are a big club with an elite system you can attract people to you. They are also very good at finding creative ways to bring in players. Collingwood are probably due to drop down though regardless.

We are going to lose a bulk of our best players from a bottom 8 side. We don't have to sustain form, we need to make up ground.

Why take stupid risks again though? If we'd done safe and sensible we might not have ****ed up three consecutive rebuilds.

Unfortunately, we’re just going to have to put a bit more faith in our recruitment and development if the ships going to be turned around. Sort of can’t realise any real success otherwise sadly.

our geelong mate stirring up the north guys as well

I see in this years draft there's a plethora of mids, do you trade pick 1 to Adelaide for thillithorpe and their first? You get a fwd to team with larkey. Or do you go after Max king with pick 1?
I don't think you need any more mids to be honest
You would do it in a heartbeat if we lived in a fantasy land where the Crows would entertain such an offer. But in reality they would be telling us to GTFOOH.

while checking that out i saw ainsworth looks set to stay at suns,never saw that here

Back on Oliver.
If he was a free agent what would you pay for him right now?
Battle level of contract....probably not.
Well Melbourne have another 500k to find for 6 years.
Keep him on your list or cut your losses....he is now a constant thorn in the sides progression....it's a cancer.
Better to get rid of him to a team that sees his today value, and if that causes pain today for betterment of tomorrow so be it.
If Saints were in this position I would cut and run for all sorts of reasons. Thought that of Hill 3 years ago do not now.
Giving up a frd pick like GCS makes sense it is the minimum that should be asked for otherwise walk on by and stew in shit of your own making Melbourne.

Maybe Lobb is a different story I do not want him in reality has to be a good deal and thats unlikley. Shiel could be a win win for both clubs.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back