List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crouch might have dictated we need the depth. Ross falling off a cliff also.

I'd still let Jones go TBH. We need to put pressure on the guys in the 23-28 bracket.
Also forcing the kids into depth roles. Maybe it's a bit early to rip the bandaid off but it appears to be falling off anyways. Mostly we need a good run with injuries.

Last edited:
Agreed , reality is if it was up to me I would delist him at the end of this year . It was a risk but it didn’t work out . I would prefer to keep one of the kids than him .
He needs to be forced out of the team by someone better, and then he needs to stay as depth. We need people in the vfl who can slot right in to the team in case of injury….which we have had a fair amount of in the past couple of seasons.

I wouldn’t be delisting him, and I doubt the club will after only one year.

If Battle was staying he would've signed
I have a feeling he might go to Hawthorn because he might now think they are more likely to play finals . I hope I’m wrong about all of that .

Hopefully the HUN is already preparing the cringworthy "Saints win the Battle" headline.
Just got a message from the Hun , you have a job writing headlines.

On our board some of the ITK’s are extremely confident battle is staying.
It probably means nothing but when Battle was carrying Hill off the ground someone said something to him and he gave the saints jumper a couple of tugs.

If Battle stays I want us to open up the cheque book for English. I don't rate English as much as the media seem to but he'd be a top 12 player for us and help out two of our biggest assets - RoMa and King.

Correction;

A number of our supporters are exceedingly stupid.

Somehow they always seem to be the ones who get through to radio talkback.

I would have thought that is mainly the exceedingly stupid who call in general. So it is mainly a contest between them as to who get through.

It makes sense.

Mitch is very good at attacking a contest and having repeat efforts. Problem is when it comes to being an inside mid he's not very good at reading the play nor blocking his opponents run.

I don't think being a mid is his go.

I think he's better used in stringer type role.

Yes there are a number here who think that as Owens contests that he is automatically mid material.

Thing is though that the best mids anticipate the ball and win it early, win it first. The really good mids have won the ball and used it before they are contested.

It probably means nothing but when Battle was carrying Hill off the ground someone said something to him and he gave the saints jumper a couple of tugs.

If Battle stays I want us to open up the cheque book for English. I don't rate English as much as the media seem to but he'd be a top 12 player for us and help out two of our biggest assets - RoMa and King.
Has to be a good sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes there are a number here who think that as Owens contests that he is automatically mid material.

Thing is though that the best mids anticipate the ball and win it early, win it first. The really good mids have won the ball and used it before they are contested.

Who would you say are the best mids? None of this lot?

Cripps?
Serong?
Nick Daicos?
Bont?
Tom Green.
Rowell
Neale.

That must be a list of spuds, since they are all too stupid to anticipate the ball and win it easily without contesting it.
( They are the top 7 contested ball winners in 2024 ).

Last year he went into the middle against one of the best contested teams in the league in Carlton and had 16 disposals with 8 contested at half time. Had a down third quarter then was moved out of the middle but kept guys like Steele and Crouch who rewarded Ross by both not touching the ball in the fourth quarter and we ended up getting done. I don’t mind him playing HF while he develops but all the talk that he gets “lost” is a load IMO.

He’ll do a Heeney one day and we’ll all be wondering jeez where did that come from should’ve done it sooner.

Carr bringing him back as one of his first moves as coach will get just as good a reaction from the Port fans so funny either way.
He would still be an improvement on the crap they call a key back.

But anyway let’s see. Might be nothing. Might be something.

Just sharing what I’m hearing.

Exactly. Stav said a month or two ago we've made an offer and that won't change. This week, he said we've upped our offer.

So by holding off, just like De Goey did, he's ensured he'll get a better pay day than had he signed mid year.
Whichever way it goes his manager has played it perfectly

Port wanting him back after Hinkley essentially told him to leave if he wanted to be a defender would be very funny.
I’d consider it if we get double what we paid for him.
And if Battle stays.
🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back