Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

So what can we conclude from the snippets we are getting? O Hollands lining up against Walsh a lot in match sim, perhaps we are looking at what he can do as an onballer. We all know we have two way running issues in the onball group, Hollands would fix a lot of that if he could make it there.

E Hollands looks to be in there as well. Different player to his brother, unsure of his up and back running ability, looks a similar mould to Kennedy and Hewett, big bodied mid.

Marchbank and Gov look to be in real top shape and look to have runners bodies. Perhaps looking to get better at the smaller role and the two way running part of their game. Marchbank fit is a scary prospect. Gives us a tall who can intercept mark but also run both ways like a good back flanker. He's an elite runner, which is how he's been able to play AFL after long layoffs. His elite running hasn't been able to be trained for a long time so we could have a real weapon here.

Wilson. He's a genuine specimen of a modern day AFL player. Real darkhorse of our recruitment this year, could be a bolter. Seems we are also getting a look at him as a midfield option. Looks like one of those powerful wiry strong types who might just impact early. Bit of a Fyfe type perhaps.

Zac Williams was in ripping condition before his injury last season, seems he's continued on from that.

Moir looks a good size. He's at an AFL club now, what ever injuries he comes across surely we can deal with that. If we get our ball movement really going then a guy like Moir will impact this season.

Guys like Williams, McGovern came to us carrying a bit much weight, have slimmed down and got themselves fit. I don't doubt our high performance department now, think we are getting things right. If players can come to us and improve because our high performance department is just better then that's a really good thing. Can't work miracles but we can be one of the best around.

So what can we conclude from the snippets we are getting? O Hollands lining up against Walsh a lot in match sim, perhaps we are looking at what he can do as an onballer. We all know we have two way running issues in the onball group, Hollands would fix a lot of that if he could make it there.

E Hollands looks to be in there as well. Different player to his brother, unsure of his up and back running ability, looks a similar mould to Kennedy and Hewett, big bodied mid.

Marchbank and Gov look to be in real top shape and look to have runners bodies. Perhaps looking to get better at the smaller role and the two way running part of their game. Marchbank fit is a scary prospect. Gives us a tall who can intercept mark but also run both ways like a good back flanker. He's an elite runner, which is how he's been able to play AFL after long layoffs. His elite running hasn't been able to be trained for a long time so we could have a real weapon here.

Wilson. He's a genuine specimen of a modern day AFL player. Real darkhorse of our recruitment this year, could be a bolter. Seems we are also getting a look at him as a midfield option. Looks like one of those powerful wiry strong types who might just impact early. Bit of a Fyfe type perhaps.

Zac Williams was in ripping condition before his injury last season, seems he's continued on from that.

Moir looks a good size. He's at an AFL club now, what ever injuries he comes across surely we can deal with that. If we get our ball movement really going then a guy like Moir will impact this season.

Guys like Williams, McGovern came to us carrying a bit much weight, have slimmed down and got themselves fit. I don't doubt our high performance department now, think we are getting things right. If players can come to us and improve because our high performance department is just better then that's a really good thing. Can't work miracles but we can be one of the best around.

Interesting that E. Hollands was in the photo posted by Donini’s. To me that looked like a forward group dinner. Could mean that he spends most of his time this year in the half-forward role with burst minutes in the midfield. Long term I see him playing mostly mid though.

Interesting that E. Hollands was in the photo posted by Donini’s. To me that looked like a forward group dinner. Could mean that he spends most of his time this year in the half-forward role with burst minutes in the midfield. Long term I see him playing mostly mid though.

Kind of think a lot of this gameplan debate comes down to semantics.

If you define 'plan A', 'plan B' etc as being at the overall level of team identity, then of course there is no plan B, there is only plan A. If you define them as being at the in-game tactical adjustment level, then there might be a number of different 'plans' that can be pulled out as needed.

Arguments about whether we 'need' a plan B or if there is 'no such thing' often comes down to people having different definitions and arguing different things without realising it.

15 forwards to choose from…but only 1 pasta choice…
Mots needs to lose the top mop.

I reckon he plays 70/30 forward - mid next year with that number to eventually be flipped around. Though even as a forward I expect him to push up the ground a fair bit. Reckon he is competing for the Cunners / Fogarty role. Probably the weakest spot in our side at present with respect to those guys. He could also play the Jack Martin role or as a proper mid so has a few avenues into the team.

can’t see any motsarella cheese thy…maybe it’s gouda for their diet. :$
getting a little fetta up with you acting the goat...... you're making a cottage industry out of it.......just mature a bit please........

I reckon he plays 70/30 forward - mid next year with that number to eventually be flipped around. Though even as a forward I expect him to push up the ground a fair bit. Reckon he is competing for the Cunners / Fogarty role. Probably the weakest spot in our side at present with respect to those guys. He could also play the Jack Martin role or as a proper mid so has a few avenues into the team.

We're on the exact same page here :thumbsu:

Interesting that Cuners isn't in that photo...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also interesting that Monahan is there.

And who is behind Mots? I can’t figure it out.
Not sure - can't even tell by process of elimination using the new team photos on the website.
Might be Jordan Russell?

BTW, the website lists E.Hollands and Cotters as Mids

Going by that photo think there's a fair chance Monahan will initially be developed as a forward. Probably aligns best with his strengths too. He is a bit different to the normal running half back type that comes over from Ireland.

Not sure - can't even tell by process of elimination using the new team photos on the website.
Might be Jordan Russell?

BTW, the website lists E.Hollands and Cotters as Mids

Almost certain its Russell going by recent pics

Not sure position listing's on the site mean much, however, it does appear heights and weights have been updated. Will take them with a grain of salt though. They have Wilson listed at 66kgs, 6kgs lighter then Binns and Hollands.

Going by that photo think there's a fair chance Monahan will initially be developed as a forward. Probably aligns best with his strengths too. He is a bit different to the normal running half back type that comes over from Ireland.
Hoping that’s the case, he’s got all the attributes to play as a forward. The only question is learning the game as a forward & making the play vs the easier option from defence & having the ball come your way.

Maybe he's a utility...at Suns he had a mitch Robinson type temperament..can influence a game,he was a barometer for the suns as robbo was for us.....if he can rotate more thru the midfield effectively that would up the value on him significantly

That was a lunch get together - I was at Donninis later that night for dinner - couldn't believe Russell was still there at 9.............

Hoping that’s the case, he’s got all the attributes to play as a forward. The only question is learning the game as a forward & making the play vs the easier option from defence & having the ball come your way.

It'll be interesting. Dont recall an Irish player ever making it as a forward (not counting Setantas cameos) though like I said hes got some different attributes to other imports.

I agree the game would be easier to learn from defence. If he gets lost forward I guess we can always throw him back there. I think Duffy would have started at halfback for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back