Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

That's great content from the club

For interstate or country members, it would be perfect if the club live streamed open training sessions preseason or during the year
I emailed the club yesterday requesting we get numbers on the clash (orange) jumpers so we know who players are during match simulations and drills. I got a standard response saying they'd forward the request on, so we'll have to wait and see.

I emailed the club yesterday requesting we get numbers on the clash (orange) jumpers so we know who players are during match simulations and drills. I got a standard response saying they'd forward the request on, so we'll have to wait and see.

It's good to forward reasonable suggestions

They could have reversible training tops, blue one side, alternative colour on the other side, numbers both sides

Here's the link to the birds-eye view of training.

Some seriously quick ball movement in there.
Really loved the smooth work of both Hewett & Cerra in that match sim. Absolute professionals, no muss, no fuss. I suspect Moo isn't that far off. Great acceleration and can genuinely launch the footy, but I liked that he was accurate with his disposal.

Not sure what young Elijah was doing in a No.5 jumper for much of the session.

Last edited:
Our small forwards 'speed' could also be determined by when they are defensively running down opponents.
Still think Durds and Cunners beat Mots, Owies and Fog in this area, unless something has changed in the off season.
Where does Fanta belong in this group?

Watching the running all summer I would have Fantasia out front, Motlop & Durdin about the same, Cuningham next and then Owies & Fogarty

Here's the link to the birds-eye view of training.

Some seriously quick ball movement in there.
Collingwood-like ball movement too, fast for my eyes/brain to focus. I had no idea who most of the players were from that angle.
Very impressive.

Last edited:
Durdin is quick, Motlop is definitely not at that level...
So what is Motlop then?

And no, he is not fast, fast is your top speed which Harry is, and quick is your acceleration of the mark.
As if Russell was going to say he is a medium-high speed athlete as it doesn't sound great or roll off the tongue even if it is closer to the truth.....
Motlop is quicker and faster than durdin 👍. Recorded higher top speed. Literally ranks as one of the fastest in the whole comp.

Motlop is quicker and faster than durdin 👍. Recorded higher top speed. Literally ranks as one of the fastest in the whole comp.

People must have been watching Motlop as he fatigued.

He is very quick and with improved fitness I expect it will become obvious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone call Terry from Blue Abroad to ask Durds. They sponsor little Durds from memory and we need some answers!

I will say as someone who's had doubts on Mots speed, I also thought the same about Kozi early days and when he came back ultra fit in 2021 pre season I was shocked. Looked a whole different player and as nimble and quick as anyone, went from mediocre to an absolute weapon up forward in the blink of an eye.

Hoping Mots is the same and his big pre season has unlocked the speed and agility we think he needs to succeed.

message begins - whatever "game-plan" we are training this off season, please let it include whatever it will take to stop that brisbane "turn-around onslaught" after halftime in the pf - can we train to stop the run-ons, consolidate and return to our own structures, please? I saw it coming but was gutted when it did regardless - message ends
And add defend kick ins not letting them go coast to coast and have a system for kick outs .. Please

I would kill for a Bailey Dale in our team purely for the kick ins. Wouldn't actually bother going out and getting him given the cost but we are very predictable on kick ins. Adding a bit of flare and variety to that would do us great imo. Hope we have some new things thought up for them this year.

Fair point. The ability to halt an opposition run-on has always struck me as integral (shutup Coondog) to winning the big games. Do we get fitter or work on contingency plans? Ideally both I reckon.
You’re not wrong, but I reckon experience, and the composure that comes with it, is the key. You can’t poodle-fake experience & hard lessons learned. As painful as the Brisbane game was, I’m hoping it’ll be the catalyst for a razor hard edge in coming seasons.

I would kill for a Bailey Dale in our team purely for the kick ins. Wouldn't actually bother going out and getting him given the cost but we are very predictable on kick ins. Adding a bit of flare and variety to that would do us great imo. Hope we have some new things thought up for them this year.
Williams and maybe Cowan are going to change things up a bit. A bit more dare methinks…

Boyd Williams Cowan McGovern Cincotta. All very good kicks. Wilson to come

IMO Boyd is an elite kick

Boyd Williams Cowan McGovern Cincotta. All very good kicks. Wilson to come

IMO Boyd is an elite kick
I agree on Boyd, needs to be given a license to pull the trigger on some bullets though.

Nothing more enjoyable than seeing Bailey Dale or Nick Daicos spear a kick to the top of the 50 and open up the entire ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back