USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

2024 has already surpassed 1960 for most disastrous presidential debate performance.

Looks like we're now we're challenging 1972 for worst vice presidential pick.

Had Trump's team done any vetting? Hell of a time to stop ignoring Don Jr.

Trump expected to face biden and smash him so vp was irrelevant to him
Also trump would not a vp taking news of him like haley , so chose a yes man

Something I just realised today...We have heard NOTHING from Ivanka or Kushner...And remember, Trump held Kushner up as the great fixer of everything. And we all know what he thinks of Ivanka. This time around...they have their money and are staying out I guess?

Something I just realised today...We have heard NOTHING from Ivanka or Kushner...And remember, Trump held Kushner up as the great fixer of everything. And we all know what he thinks of Ivanka. This time around...they have their money and are staying out I guess?
100%

THey don't need to risk their ill gotten $2b Saudi cash, unless Trump wins, then they'll be back in their like pigs in a trough.

Oh please, they are first time poster on any of these threads, just happened to pop up in the last day or two to accuse Biden of something something showering with his daughter repeatedly.
Hasn’t offered anything else on the SRP, they are a nothing poster, you should thank me and pull your head in!👍
I prefer the term 'shit-posting troll'.

Biden, Kamala and Trump have all had negative approval ratings through this period. It's part and parcel of approval ratings. No one is positive. Polling Kamala as VP is funny, given the VP is mainly invisible so no one really knows what they've been doing.

Can only go by what see across various platforms at the moment. "People" are liking what they are seeing and hearing, some of it going back to when she was a Senator.

How was her primary run a disaster? She was doing ok, but the money wasn't there and it becamse pretty clear that it was a Biden v Bernie showdown (and even that was underwhelming), Biden was always the clear favourite.

You I’ll give it to you, polling a VP is pretty strange, given they don’t do much.

To me it seems like the people pumping her up on social media were most likely ‘never trump’ people anyway who were getting despondent with Biden. Or posts filled with “I walked into the coffee shop wearing my Harris 2024 shirt, and the gun toting redneck come up to me and said ‘I’m voting for Kamala’ and everyone clapped” garbage. Once she has been in the game for a few weeks, we will get a better feel of where people stand on her.

I consider it a disaster. Pulling out before the first primary votes because of poor fundraising is not good. She couldn’t raise any coin off the back of poor polling, no real clear campaign message (in comparison to Biden, Sanders, Warren and Buttigieg) and therefore no support among democratic voters.

Edit: as a campaign it was putrid, but I suppose it did get her name out there, and Biden was looking for someone just like her for his VP pick.

Keen to get your thoughts on the debate, and who it benefits the most to have one. I always wonder if the Republican Party want Trump to debate. He can do quite well in the space, but his usually at his best when he says as little as possible.

For Harris, if she comes out and performs well against him and faces him down, huge boost for her campaign, as in you could nearly pencil her in. But if Trump makes her look foolish and incompetent, which will be his angle with the ‘false nomination’ ‘border czar’ all that type of stuff, it could be a disaster for the Harris campaign.

2024 has already surpassed 1960 for most disastrous presidential debate performance.

Looks like we're now we're challenging 1972 for worst vice presidential pick.

Had Trump's team done any vetting? Hell of a time to stop ignoring Don Jr.

Also trumps age and bidens retirement might make people think president Vance is scarier than president trump if that’s possible

You I’ll give it to you, polling a VP is pretty strange, given they don’t do much.

1. To me it seems like the people pumping her up on social media were most likely ‘never trump’ people anyway who were getting despondent with Biden. Or posts filled with “I walked into the coffee shop wearing my Harris 2024 shirt, and the gun toting redneck come up to me and said ‘I’m voting for Kamala’ and everyone clapped” garbage. Once she has been in the game for a few weeks, we will get a better feel of where people stand on her.

2. I consider it a disaster. Pulling out before the first primary votes because of poor fundraising is not good. She couldn’t raise any coin off the back of poor polling, no real clear campaign message (in comparison to Biden, Sanders, Warren and Buttigieg) and therefore no support among democratic voters.

Edit: as a campaign it was putrid, but I suppose it did get her name out there, and Biden was looking for someone just like her for his VP pick.

3. Keen to get your thoughts on the debate, and who it benefits the most to have one. I always wonder if the Republican Party want Trump to debate. He can do quite well in the space, but his usually at his best when he says as little as possible.

For Harris, if she comes out and performs well against him and faces him down, huge boost for her campaign, as in you could nearly pencil her in. But if Trump makes her look foolish and incompetent, which will be his angle with the ‘false nomination’ ‘border czar’ all that type of stuff, it could be a disaster for the Harris campaign.
1. Energising the base is a key metric in an system where voting isn't compulsory. She’s done that for sure given how despondent people were with Joe given his age and doddering performance.

The "person came up to me and said" is a trope as old as time. Never believe those stories unless its a well reputed and honest person telling it. It's just hype.

We will know more in a couple of weeks. The poll on Georgia i posted above is a good start for her. Can she maintain it?

2. I'll be honest i can't remember her campaign well enough, but i don't think she ever thought she'd win. Was clearly a ploy to advance her name on the national stage (she'd been a senator for 2? years) and it did that, and she got out before burning bridges. Leading to Joe picking her as VP.

Potential issues around fundraising/running a campaign will be addressed this time round given she's the nominated candidate, and will have all the "best" democratic campaign managers.

Having said all that. Running a campaign for president isn’t easy and lots could go wrong, no matter how good people might be.

3. I think she should smash Trump in a debate (in the eyes of the genuine swing voters). Trump was shocking against Biden, but was covered up by fact Biden did what he did.

Trump won't be able to help himself and will say offensive things about her which will please his base, but put off the swing voters. She should also be sharp/quick enough, to call out most of his lies (she was a prosecutor after all, and he senate hearings were good). Biden made the mistake of thinking he was going to have a debate on issues. That's not what Trump does. You have to be prepared to constantly bash him for lies/not answering the question/being a convicted felon/corrupt, and talk very high level on your policies, don’t actually get in the policy weeds.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Connie Britton was on the call. If she's got Coach Taylor's wife, she's got me!
Scott Porter Request GIF

Will be interesting to see the polling after the DNC. There was obviously going to be some excitement around a new candidate after Biden’s debate debacle.
Big question will be around how much we see of Harris before the election. Wouldn’t surprise me if they take the Biden of 2020 approach, and hide her away as much as possible. Right now majority of Americans don’t really know who she is. Democrats best interests keep it that way. Let people vote against Trump, more than vote for Harris

She’s doing very well in public at the moment, no way will they hide her away.

They’re playing offence for the first time in a long time.

To me it seems like the people pumping her up on social media were most likely ‘never trump’ people anyway who were getting despondent with Biden. Or posts filled with “I walked into the coffee shop wearing my Harris 2024 shirt, and the gun toting redneck come up to me and said ‘I’m voting for Kamala’ and everyone clapped” garbage. Once she has been in the game for a few weeks, we will get a better feel of where people stand on her.

I consider it a disaster. Pulling out before the first primary votes because of poor fundraising is not good. She couldn’t raise any coin off the back of poor polling, no real clear campaign message (in comparison to Biden, Sanders, Warren and Buttigieg) and therefore no support among democratic voters.

Keen to get your thoughts on the debate, and who it benefits the most to have one. I always wonder if the Republican Party want Trump to debate. He can do quite well in the space, but his usually at his best when he says as little as possible.

You have seen the difference in the polls haven’t you?

Dems have gone from 5% chance of winning (I’m being kind) to close to even money (probably 45% currently)

You have seen the difference in the polls haven’t you?

Dems have gone from 5% chance of winning (I’m being kind) to close to even money (probably 45% currently)

As it’s been noted a few times on here, you would expect a honeymoon period where people are energised by a new face in the running, and the polls to reflect it.

And once again as noted a few times in here, it’s whether that carries for 5 months.

As it’s been noted a few times on here, you would expect a honeymoon period where people are energised by a new face in the running, and the polls to reflect it.

And once again as noted a few times in here, it’s whether that carries for 5 months.
I think a longer campaign will benefit Harris as the contrast between her and Trump becomes more and more apparent. She can push the old man to keep pace with her.

Well it’s 3 and a bit months now.

At the very least the numbers aren’t going down to Biden levels.

As I’ve said, Dems are at least in the game now, they were toast with Biden.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back