USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

I think a longer campaign will benefit Harris as the contrast between her and Trump becomes more and more apparent. She can push the old man to keep pace with her.

I like when people were saying it was too late to switch candidates to get someone to know a new candidate etc.

Was always horse shit as any new candidate was going to get wall to wall coverage, and it’s only been 5 days and it isn’t like many people don’t know who she is.

As it’s been noted a few times on here, you would expect a honeymoon period where people are energised by a new face in the running, and the polls to reflect it.

And once again as noted a few times in here, it’s whether that carries for 5 months.
I think the polls have come back to where we'd expect them to be with Dems v GOP. The Dems should never have been down 10 or whatever it was in Michigan when Biden was in, tied up /1pt now with Harris is probably normal.

The hard part now will be moving them that extra point or two (in the swing states especially) that will make the diference.

Last edited:
I like when people were saying it was too late to switch candidates to get someone to know a new candidate etc.

Was always horse shit as any new candidate was going to get wall to wall coverage, and it’s only been 5 days and it isn’t like many people don’t know who she is.
Sometimes it feels like everything is framed around it being beneficial for Trump but I just don't see how you can spin that in this case.

I think the polls have come back to where we'd expect them to be with Dems v GOP. The Dems should never have been down 10 or whatever it was in Michigan when Biden was in, tied up /1pt now with Harris is probably normal.

The hard part now will be moving them that extra point or two (in the swing states esepcially) that will make the diference.

Michigan is tricky with their Muslim population and the Dems cheering on a genocide in Gaza.

Now the GOP are somehow worse on that, but Dems need to show something to entice many Muslims to vote rather than staying home.

Sometimes it feels like everything is framed around it being beneficial for Trump but I just don't see how you can spin that in this case.

Remember only a week ago many people said trump had it in the bag after the assassination attempt?

It barely moved the needle in the polls, and as it has become apparent there was no real political motive for it greater than a school shooting, it’s been quickly forgotten as just one of those things that happen in America.

It's kind of outstanding and admittedly annoying that the Yanks have outdone the story about Scomo shitting his pants at Maccas.

I keep hearing the honeymoon phrase come up and all it says to me is the GoP is actually scared. Their big Trump card my not pay out for them.
JD Vance's honeymoon phase was couched far too early after his announcement.

The "person came up to me and said" is a trope as old as time. Never believe those stories unless its a well reputed and honest person telling it. It's just hype.
Yep - Donald Trump '' I had this black man - a beautiful black man - come up to me with his family - beautiful wife and daughter just beautiful - and they had tears in their eyes ( I say it was the smell) and they were tears of joy at seeing me - Donald Trump ordering chick fillet in their store - and this family told me that they had never seen a finer physical specimen of a man and that they had never voted for me before and this time they will ''

Michigan is tricky with their Muslim population and the Dems cheering on a genocide in Gaza.

Now the GOP are somehow worse on that, but Dems need to show something to entice many Muslims to vote rather than staying home.
Its odious but you say it was all Joe and that a Harris administration will be open to communicating with people who have concerns

Then ignore them after November

Yep - Donald Trump '' I had this black man - a beautiful black man - come up to me with his family - beautiful wife and daughter just beautiful - and they had tears in their eyes ( I say it was the smell) and they were tears of joy at seeing me - Donald Trump ordering chick fillet in their store - and this family told me that they had never seen a finer physical specimen of a man and that they had never voted for me before and this time they will ''
There has to be an AI app out there somewhere that recreates these stories - like a Trump ridiculous story generator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who cashes in on the Olympics hype first ?
Surely we will hear Trump used to be an Olympic level swimmer who would have won gold , but chose the 'greater good' and making a heap of dodgy $$$$ ?

Its medically known his bone spurs would have shaved off too many seconds for him to qualify, otherwise he'd be the real Phelps!

Yep, it's going to get ugly for JD Vance about now, can't wait to see Trump trying and get rid of him now, it will be fun to watch them implode from the inside.
There are a few huge positives for America.

The Swifties are engaging in politics.tick.
The Swifties will vote. tic.

Not exactly what RNC want though.

DJ said yesterday he doesnt need people to vote as he has plenty.

uh huh.

So who cashes in on the Olympics hype first ?
Surely we will hear Trump used to be an Olympic level swimmer who would have won gold , but chose the 'greater good' and making a heap of dodgy $$$$ ?
Praise the shooter squad

Just need Beyonce to back Kamala Harris and watch out.

Didnt she give Kamala permission to use her song? After Perry offered hers and they politely declined lol.

I like to think at some point in the last 48 hours Trump pulled Vance aside to double check he had definitely never porked a sofa.

Didnt she give Kamala permission to use her song? After Perry offered hers and they politely declined lol.

I like to think at some point in the last 48 hours Trump pulled Vance aside to double check he had definitely never porked a sofa.
"He came to me with tears in his eyes and said, 'Sir, I pledge my support to you but know this, I have a fetish for cheap upholstery""

Remember only a week ago many people said trump had it in the bag after the assassination attempt?

It barely moved the needle in the polls, and as it has become apparent there was no real political motive for it greater than a school shooting, it’s been quickly forgotten as just one of those things that happen in America.

Gerald Ford survived an assassination attempt, was not elected the next year.

Bobby Kennedy was assassinated but the Democrats did not get any capital form it and lost the election that year.

Harris boycotting the Netanyahu speech was a part of this. Pelosi slamming Netanyahu as well

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back