USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno sounds like wishful thinking - I get the feeling trump will be 47 unfortunately
If Trump wins by a close margin in electoral votes I do wonder about faithless electors, reckon there would be more than a few that would pledge to Harris, I know there were a couple who went faithless in 2016 and not pledge to Trump.

And also on the flip side, when I was on 538 a week ago the most likely electoral vote count was 270/268 Harris/Trump. All it takes is two swap from Harris to Trump and Trump wins (and vice versa). For the sake of the US whoever wins needs to win by plenty because any silly but completely constitutional flipping by electors may well start a civil war.

I do hope Harris wins but a small part of me kinda wants to see what happens if Trump is allowed a second term. Doubt he lives through the four years, Vance would be president at some point.

If Trump wins by a close margin in electoral votes I do wonder about faithless electors, reckon there would be more than a few that would pledge to Harris, I know there were a couple who went faithless in 2016 and not pledge to Trump.

And also on the flip side, when I was on 538 a week ago the most likely electoral vote count was 270/268 Harris/Trump. All it takes is two swap from Harris to Trump and Trump wins (and vice versa). For the sake of the US whoever wins needs to win by plenty because any silly but completely constitutional flipping by electors may well start a civil war.

I do hope Harris wins but a small part of me kinda wants to see what happens if Trump is allowed a second term. Doubt he lives through the four years, Vance would be president at some point.
I’d suspect any faithless elector betraying against a trump vote will get summarily lynched by the cult

Dunno sounds like wishful thinking - I get the feeling trump will be 47 unfortunately
It’s hard to watch the daily car crash and see his number unchanged and not think it could happen.

Honestly let’s just hope women are pissed off enough to send a message and tip the needed turnout over the edge.

If you believe that the US is a democracy, I respectfully point back to my point re: living in denial.

Carry on, it all makes no difference to me.
If you want to narrow down the definition of democracy then thats just a semantic debate. A dictatorship is far worse then what the us is today. For both the citizens of the usa and us. Any study of history would show that as bad as the usa is governed today, most governments in history have been much worse.

If today is an existential nightmare then when in your view has the world not been one?

Trump is now $1.50 favourite with most betting agencies, the great man will return!

Elon Musk put out a tweet saying that whoever has better betting odds is going to win the election, encouraging his sad sycophants (who pay to use a website others can use for free) to bet on Trump winning, thinking this will make him win the election.

I think it genuinely seems like a coin flip at the moment, and anyone speaking with such confidence is deluded.

That said, if Trump wants to land the killer blow and spend the next three weeks campaigning in California, I think everyone would welcome it.

I have this strong feeling too. women will come out in force to vote and whack Donald away for good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Republicans have won like the popular vote once, in the last couple or so decades. I think voter turn out is a bigger factor for the Democrats, than it is for the Republicans. As higher voter turn outs tends to favour the Democrats more. They just need their base to actually rock up.

My prediction.

The Dems have largely kept their powder dry and are saving up for an unprecedented advertising blitz in the last ten days of the campaign.

They have a huge war chest to spend and the swing states will see advertising like it’s never been seen before.

There will be a mix of pro Harris, trump annd JD attacks as well as get out and vote ads. It will be saturation coverage on all media and online.

Harris will get home comfortably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elon Musk put out a tweet saying that whoever has better betting odds is going to win the election, encouraging his sad sycophants (who pay to use a website others can use for free) to bet on Trump winning, thinking this will make him win the election.

I think it genuinely seems like a coin flip at the moment, and anyone speaking with such confidence is deluded.

That said, if Trump wants to land the killer blow and spend the next three weeks campaigning in California, I think everyone would welcome it.

California used to be a swinging state IIRC

Cant shake the feeling the polling is completely off and Trump/GOP will get smacked.
The democrats behaviour of late shows the opposite. They look like they are getting desperate.

Trump historically under polls. I think he wins easily.

What’s with his rally in California? Surely a waste of time as they won’t flip that state

The democrats behaviour of late shows the opposite. They look like they are getting desperate.

What’s with his rally in California? Surely a waste of time as they won’t flip that state
He’s also doing a rally at Madison Square Garden later this month, he lost NY by about 23 points in 2020 so it’s another strange decision

Given the late switch to Harris, the Democrats look like a team with a plan. Last week it was a very deliberate media blitz trying to cover all bases in a very fractured media landscape. Now's the time a whole chunk of the electorate wake up and pay attention so expect a bigger advertising push.

Trump trying to back up a house candidate in California.

He’s also doing a rally at Madison Square Garden later this month, he lost NY by about 23 points in 2020 so it’s another strange decision
Winning the Whitehouse is now a given, so Trump's trying to shore up the house of reps m8.

Due to population, I think there’s more GOP voters in California than anywhere else (maybe not Texas).

Seems kind of dumb to rock up if he’s going to claim there’s blackouts everyday because it will just show to sane ones he’s lost his marbles.

Cant shake the feeling the polling is completely off and Trump/GOP will get smacked.
Depends of people vote differently to what they outwardly say. Like women of MAGA husbands who don’t want their freedom taken away. Also if there is massive youth and female turnout. The Swift effect etc.

Not desperate. They are just trying to get massive exposure. Time wise Harris has a lot to make up compared to Trump who is a known entity.

Depends of people vote differently to what they outwardly say. Like women of MAGA husbands who don’t want their freedom taken away.
It's thus far been shown to be the opposite - people are less likely to admit they're MAGA than anti-MAGA. You see it a lot in this very thread with clear Trumpist's denying that they're Trumpist.

In contrast, who is shy about being anti-Trump? They're like vegans m8, announcing it to every visibly disinterested stranger.

It's thus far been shown to be the opposite - people are less likely to admit they're MAGA than anti-MAGA. You see it a lot in this very thread with clear Trumpist's denying that they're Trumpist.

In contrast, who is shy about being anti-Trump? They're like vegans m8, announcing it to every visibly disinterested stranger.

Comprehension 101 fail.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back