2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I 100% guarantee it's because the AFL will not give the "sound producers" any money for the gear needed to make it sound good.

lol no I know I’m just being a silly billy

I actually think what they put out is good it’s just a good little joke to keep running.

We went to the game today, really pleasant day in the Sun and some great hard at it footy, some observations >

1- Luke Lloyd was super impressive, footy smarts, good mark, looks like we have another one.

2- Shadeau Brain was so good particularly early when the game was on, great kick, brave and backs in his first instincts with ball in hand and on foot, definitely a solid senior player in the making, can't have too many players in the side with elite disposal.

3- Dev Robertson was fierce at the ball and man, really impressive in his genuine role.

4- Henry Smith and Kalin Lane both looked promising.

5- Harry Sharp presented all day running hard up and down the ground, could have easily had 5 goals, Darragh Joyce and Jaxon Prior good as well.
On another note we were sitting the row directly in front of Ross Lyon during the first quarter, he kept raving on about how fantastic the weather was... felt like turning around and saying there could be an assistant coaches job up for grabs under Fages in 2025.

Really enjoyed the game, will definitely be going back again, our next 4 VFL games are all at BHA on a Saturday... bouncedown between 11.05am and 1.05pm for all 4.

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured, but it is annoying because it would not cost much at all and would sound loads better.

I’m surprised the lions or Gabba wouldn’t have equipment that could be used. Maybe if they move to a National seconds comp things will change.

We went to the game today, really pleasant day in the Sun and some great hard at it footy, some observations >

1- Luke Lloyd was super impressive, footy smarts, good mark, looks like we have another one.

2- Shadeau Brain was so good particularly early when the game was on, great kick, brave and backs in his first instincts with ball in hand and on foot, definitely a solid senior player in the making, can't have too many players in the side with elite disposal.

3- Dev Robertson was fierce at the ball and man, really impressive in his genuine role.

5- Harry Sharp presented all day running hard up and down the ground, could have easily had 5 goals, Darragh Joyce and Jaxon Prior good as well.
On another note we were sitting the row directly in front of Ross Lyon during the first quarter, he kept raving on about how fantastic the weather was... felt like turning around and saying there could be an assistant coaches job up for grabs under Fages in 2025.

Really enjoyed the game, will definitely be going back again, our next 4 VFL games are all at BHA on a Saturday... bouncedown between 11.05am and 1.05am for all 4.
Next game I'm at, I'll try to pay a bit more attention to Lloyd because he seemed to have a lot of the ball

Something weird just happened, Dev Robbo, alone in the f50, clutched his head and fell prone for about 10 seconds before getting back to his feet. Strange and a bit concerning
I was just talking to my wife about this and from the description I gave she reckons it was a fainting spell, which makes sense, given he played the game out ok. Might be playing while unwell, perhaps

Really enjoyed the game, will definitely be going back again, our next 4 VFL games are all at BHA on a Saturday... bouncedown between 11.05am and 1.05am for all 4.
Keen for that 1.05am game. There's not enough football played in the middle of the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Torrent has the attributes to be a great distributor off the half back flank but we are going to struggle to fit him into the seniors longer term with Kiddy, Starc & Wilmot established and McKenna, Answerth, Brain and now Beecken all around the fringes of seniors not to mention Prior.

Beecken debut vs Port in Adelaide next round would be nice. He might have a bit of local following out to cheer him.

That being said, Brain looked great in setting up play and hitting targets while bringing the ball out of defense. Felt like he was mirroring what Zorko is doing in firsts for us.

Really enjoyed the game, will definitely be going back again, our next 4 VFL games are all at BHA on a Saturday... bouncedown between 11.05am and 1.05pm for all 4.

I liked the game of Darcy Craven.

More so because we sat in the stand with his Mum, Grandmum and second cousin.

Weakened team for tomorrow. Coach Lloyd back in.

Darragh Joyce named in the side and was also named as one of the emergencies along with Jarryd Lyons and Darcy Fort for the Seniors, I thought the 3 named emergencies always travelled with the AFL team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back