2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Given some continuity in the seniors, I reckon with his athletic capacity and his skill development he presents as a real weapon. Where can we fit him in?
I still think we should consider him playing over Reville at the moment. Think we could do with the extra run with Berry playing inside. Tough once Ashcroft is back though

I still think we should consider him playing over Reville at the moment. Think we could do with the extra run with Berry playing inside. Tough once Ashcroft is back though

It's a really difficult position. Reville gives us a point of difference. Injecting Sharp with Bailey, and Fletcher in the same side its too same-same for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a really difficult position. Reville gives us a point of difference. Injecting Sharp with Bailey, and Fletcher in the same side its too same-same for me.
Yeah its a tough call balancing out our wing and flanker options. I'm not against giving Fletcher a rest either. He has well established himself in the role but is young and does look tired at times

Harry Sharp and Luke Beecken on form are the 2 that look the most likely to get an AFL shot, Henry Smith as well but the Big O not going anywhere anytime soon.

Tunstill and Robertsons disposal by foot has been abysmal today.

Abberley always looks handy at this level, McPherson looked good as well.

Maybe,but I would not be keen to delist anyone that is showing considerable evidence of development and another team benefits from our effort. Huddo has done a great job with the rucks.
As I understand it Lane can’t get another year on the rookie list. Please correct me if I am wrong. So has to be promoted to a full list spot. I am not sure one will be a available.

Only reason I think he will be delisted.

People have Kalin Lane as a candidate to be delisted. Once again pre-conceived opinions. Watching the VFL, his development in the last few months has been extraordinary.

He and Smith are just about on par at the moment. Would not hesitate to throw either a game or two in the seniors, if possible.
I like hearing that. How far away are both Lane and Smith from passing Fort? It's a shame rookie list restrictions and list pressure is likely to see Lane delisted just as the years of development are paying off. It's gotta be a tough call. What sort of juggling act would be needed to keep him?

As I understand it Lane can’t get another year on the rookie list. Please correct me if I am wrong. So has to be promoted to a full list spot. I am not sure one will be a available.

Only reason I think he will be delisted.

I read somewhere Henry Smith was in the radar for both Adelaide clubs and he decided to stick with us and extend his stay. If he doesn't play 1s by end of this year they may come calling again. He could be a fit for Port considering Sweet/Soldo isn't working for them.

Henry should be playing that 3rd tall to be fair but Logan Morris came from clouds and held his spot so far. Sliding doors moment as far as our list is concerned. We might very well keep Lane and Smith could move by end of this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back