VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sums it all up, a lovely potential entry wasted because we're dumb with the ball and it rebounds for a Werribee goal
Spicer slipping twice when we had open players in the 50 was very costly. Could have been within 14 now 32

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't watched much of this game but every time I see us kick inside 50 it's an easy intercept mark to Werribee.

It has a very familiar feel about it. :(

I guess having Croft out doesn't help but nobody looks like taking a grab there.

Haven't watched much of this game but every time I see us kick inside 50 it's an easy intercept mark to Werribee.

It has a very familiar feel about it. :(

I guess having Croft out doesn't help but nobody looks like taking a grab there.

The big difference between Croft and Lobb vs Smith & Owen is that Croft and Lobb have a fair leap on them. Smith isn't immobile but he doesn't have much of a vertical jump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only watched the last quarter and viewed the stats but our VFL team was horribly under-manned and lacked height all over the ground. Garcia worked very hard and was probably our best (8 tackles). Cleary had a lot of ball in defence, Busslinger took 8 marks. Apart from those possibles, noone really seemed to be pushing for selection next week.
We are in deep manure friends.

Disappointing for Caleb Daniel that he could only manage 7 kicks in the reserves.
What has happened to him?

Worried for him. You could blame injuries in the past. Just doesn't seem to have come on despite having the required fitness/athleticism
Unfortunately I think his problem is he does not have any natural aggression in him... i would be moving him to be hoenst

The Footscray Bulldogs have made five changes ahead of Sunday’s clash with Carlton at Mission Whitten Oval.

Alex Keath and Charlie Clarke bolster the side from an AFL perspective, while Will Lewis, Conor Smith and Lachie McArthur (debut) also come in.

Caleb Poulter has been elevated to the senior team, Phoenix Spicer and Chan Hargraves will miss through injury, and Diesel Moloney and Sam Willoughby have been omitted.
Footscray, currently sitting third on the ladder, will be looking to return to the winners list when it hosts the Blues from 12pm on Sunday. The match will be broadcast free-to-air on Channel 7, with score updates available via @FootscrayVFL on Twitter.

VFL Team | Round 16

Footscray Bulldogs v Carlton
Sunday 14 July, 12:00pm AEST
Mission Whitten Oval, Footscray • Wurundjeri/Boon Wurrung

B: A. Jones (32), W. Lewis (64), D. Bedendo (26)
HB:
A. Scott (28), C. Daniel (35), C. Clarke (8)
C: L. Cleary (36), O. Baker (13), J. Gilbee (69)
HF:
E. Hunt (56), J Busslinger (5), L. Smith (40)
F:
R. Garcia (38), B. Young (67), C. Craig-Peters (61)
R: A. Keath (42), J. Kellett (57), C. Owen (62)
INT:
T. Bianco (58), D. Orgill (50), B. Crofts (54), C. Smith (55), L. McArthur (71)
EMG: T. Maple (65), A. Bade (68), K. Stretton (66), D. Moloney (75)

In: Keath, Clarke, Lewis, C. Smith, McArthur
Out:
Poulter (AFL), Spicer (injured), Hargraves (injured), Moloney, Willoughby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back