VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t delist McNeil. He has had a solid vfl season has good speed courageous and still only 23.
Cheap back up. We have some top end talent that take a lot salary cap and mcneil is a good back up

Not so much about being the cheap back up which is fine, but more so with needed list spots at the end of the year. Will lose one or two to trades, but would like to bring in some by trade and the 2-3 draft picks to turn the list over. McNeil's spot will be under heavy scrutiny for that reason. Keath out of contract too but probably more valuable on a one year deal as KPD depth.

5.2.32 vs 3.7.25

Quite frankly Harmes should be embarassed by how he has been playing, worst on ground by far and that's including Jones and Clarke not offering much.
Harmes was good in the seniors before getting injured. How much would you put his performance down to rust or being a little underdone if at all.

Harmes was good in the seniors before getting injured. How much would you put his performance down to rust or being a little underdone if at all.
He's an iron man. It was raining. I'd put it down to rust.

Get out the steel wool at training and he'll be right to go.

1719730849361.jpeg

Anyone watching Lachlan Fogarty today. He is 25 at his second club was not looking likely halfway through 2023. Kicked 3 today & plays an important role.
Patience is imperative for young small fwds. It’s a tough spot and as long as they continue to show glimpses along with being a hardworker on and off field I’d keep them around

Coaches votes

North Melbourne 10.3 (63) def by Footscray Bulldogs 14.13 (97)

9 Caleb Daniel (FOO)
6 Colby McKercher (NM)
5 Lachlan McNeil (FOO)
3 Hugh Greenwood (NM)
3 Buku Khamis (FOO)
2 James Harmes (FOO)
1 Riley Garcia (FOO)
1 Jarrod Gilbee (FOO)

I would bet that Edge gave McNeil 5 votes. It was the type of game that a coach would love. I also think Gilbee would have gotten one because his drive off of HB was important on a fairly low scoring day for most of the game.

Edge would have voted

5. McNeil
4. Daniel
3. Khamis
2. McKercher
1. Gilbee

North coach would have gone

5. Daniel
4. McKercher
3. Greenwood
2. Harmes
1. Garcia

Greenwood tagged our consistently best midfielder out of the game while getting a stack of the ball himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back