List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

For reasons that totally have nothing to do with self-interest, I think the AFL should wait until 2025 before lifting the pick 40 NGA threshold.
Yeah look, I've completely written off any chance of getting Kako as an NGA. If we want him we'll likely have to take him with our first round pick (if he's still on the board).

The best small forward performance we've seen at the Champs so far. Kako seemed to be in every productive sequence in the front half for Metro, regularly providing the pivotal touch of class or burst of speed needed. He underlined his potential by snapping two excellent opportunist goals.

Did anyone notice the way that he, when there's marking contest, this kid kinda like ... I'm not sure how you'd put ... positions himself in front of the contest at where the ball seems most likely to be coming to ground? That's f**king brilliant! Someone should show this footage to our small forwards!

Did anyone notice the way that he, when there's marking contest, this kid kinda like ... I'm not sure how you'd put ... positions himself in front of the contest at where the ball seems most likely to be coming to ground? That's f**king brilliant! Someone should show this footage to our small forwards!

They got the tapes mixed up, and accidentally showed Darcy instead.

How much development time would Berry and Kako need before an AFL debut?
That's such a difficult question to answer. Small forwards at their talent level often do come in and influence in year one as we saw with Kozzi and Weightman, but I do think you're generally safer to expect an adjustment year before any draftee impacts in a real way.

Was hoping the hype on him would stay quiet for a while... been quietly watching him as a potential Cat-B option as a Freo NGA, think he's a smokey
(Hope I'm doing this right) Relevant to this thread/the list mgmt thread. Might make Conrad Williams have to earn his spot for the extra year rather than keep it by default due to lack of other Cat B NGA options. Obviously Conrad has been dealing with an interrupted season compounding his physical frame issues.

I like my small forwards to have a certain level of vitality and spring in their step. They're always up and about, never standing still. The proverbial fly buzzing around your face.

Kako seems to have that, and it's something we've lacked since that jockey fella retired.abw

I approve.

If we picked Kako and Berry then Delien would be a waste of a pick. I really like Berry and Kako. At least one of them should be at our second pick.

Not sure I’d be taking two small forwards early in the draft. Maybe one if we really like someone, then hit it again later - guys like Newton, Barrett and Bradley from SA would be good additions and would represent much better value. Especially as I still think Delean has better forward craft than most in this pool, it’s just a matter of if he can ever become involved enough.

And I will keep advocating for another half back/outside mid with genuine speed and foot skills. I’d rather spend a higher pick on that. We’d be lost if Sharp or Clark picked up a long term injury. O’Driscoll and Stanley are a long way back at the moment.

Maybe we could look to develop Simpson as a Clark clone off half back, especially if we want a small forward early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I’d be taking two small forwards early in the draft. Maybe one if we really like someone, then hit it again later - guys like Newton, Barrett and Bradley from SA would be good additions and would represent much better value. Especially as I still think Delean has better forward craft than most in this pool, it’s just a matter of if he can ever become involved enough.

And I will keep advocating for another half back/outside mid with genuine speed and foot skills. I’d rather spend a higher pick on that. We’d be lost if Sharp or Clark picked up a long term injury. O’Driscoll and Stanley are a long way back at the moment.

Maybe we could look to develop Simpson as a Clark clone off half back, especially if we want a small forward early.
Where do you think Bo Allan will end up in the draft? Does he have the elite speed and foot skills we need in terms of a mid/half back?

Where do you see Sam Lalor going? Any chance to slip to the Port Pick if they dont make the 8?

Where do you think Bo Allan will end up in the draft? Does he have the elite speed and foot skills we need in terms of a mid/half back?
Not the footskills unfortunately, he’ll still go top 20 for his size and explosive attributes, but when we have Brodie and Ras in the shed, not a need for us.

My mate who is mates with a guy who knows.

Yes, I know that sounds like I just made it up but I haven't. Just wait until the end of the season and revisit my post.
How funny. My mate who has a mate who's on the Freo Board told me the same. I know that all sounds very bigfooty but its also true and anyone can revisit my post too. If Will wins the Sandover Medal then that might also attract interest from rival teams. I think hed ne a strong chance.

Not really. He strikes me as more of a Ginbey type, likely to develop inside. His game is about power, not skills or outside run.

Seems to be in the 8-20 range at the moment.

Where do you see Sam Lalor going? Any chance to slip to the Port Pick if they dont make the 8?

Little bit earlier, probably 5-10 currently. Picking him would be a best available selection, but I don’t think he offers anything we don’t have already. He’d be competing with Johnson for a spot, and I’d still be backing Erasmus to become a player too.

I like Xavier Lindsay who’d be in the mix for a later first round pick. He’s got speed and skill on the outside, shown good signs when played inside too. I think he’d be a good fit and a point of difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back