List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we should go this way. We are adding 3 midfielders to our side in the draft but Carroll could be the senior AFL listed midfielder in the VFL. I have Lord in our best 23 (as sub), as well as Pick 3. Mind you, I also have Cincotta and Cottrell in the VFL, so we do have some midfield depth now.
I also believe that Sam Durdin will go (his age dictates that I feel....) as you cannot keep both him and Young on the list now that the club have brought in Haynes and are thinking of Granger-Barras (hope not!!!) as a DFA ,and the other one could be Matt Carroll, so that would open up more list room and if Austin was wanting Jack Carroll off the list he would have traded him to W.C. for peanuts I would imagine !!! They could always re-rookie M. Carroll again if they wanted to..... :think:

Jack carroll with be delisted now.

You have to have available list spots for picks you take to the draft.

We have 5 picks and only 4 vacancies
I am confused.

Can we just take the 4 picks?

If the 5 picks, we can move J Carroll or someone else (Fantasia) to the rookie list? Surely we’d rather delist S Durdin and keep J Carroll?

I am confused.

Can we just take the 4 picks?

If the 5 picks, we can move J Carroll or someone else (Fantasia) to the rookie list? Surely we’d rather delist S Durdin and keep J Carroll?
We can just take 1 pick if we want and upgrade 2 rookies. Won't happen though

However need to have as many list spots available as the number of picks we take to the draft, which is 5

We can just take 1 pick if we want and upgrade 2 rookies. Won't happen though

However need to have as many list spots available as the number of picks we take to the draft, which is 5
We have 6 picks with points attached: 3, 38, 63, 68, 69, 72
We currently have 4 list vacancies, plus 3 uncontracted players: Jack Carroll on the senior list and Sam Durdin and Matt Carroll on the rookie list.
We will cut at least 2 of them.

We currently have 4 list vacancies, plus 3 uncontracted players: Jack Carroll on the senior list and Sam Durdin and Matt Carroll on the rookie list.
We have 4 senior list vacancies and 2 rookie list vacancies.

Assuming we want to take 5 picks to the draft being Pick 3, Pick 38, Ben Camporeale, upgrade Boyd and flexibility to take Lucas Camporeale if another club bids, then it works if we move J Carroll to the rookie list?

Or is it 1 rookie list vacancy because Lord came in mid-year? Then I would delist S Durdin and move J Carroll to the rookie list … though would prefer to move Young to the rookie list.

Oh 6 picks. Ok must be going 38-4 then

We have 4 senior list vacancies and 2 rookie list vacancies.

Assuming we want to take 5 picks to the draft being Pick 3, Pick 38, Ben Camporeale, upgrade Boyd and flexibility to take Lucas Camporeale if another club bids, then it works if we move J Carroll to the rookie list?

Or is it 1 rookie list vacancy because Lord came in mid-year? Then I would delist S Durdin and move J Carroll to the rookie list … though would prefer to move Young to the rookie list.
Technically Boyd is still on the rookie list until the end of draft night, so we currently have 4 senior vacancies and 0 rookie vacancies. This will change in the next couple of days when they announce the further delistings (definitely Durdin, 1 or 2 Carrolls).

Moving Young to the rookie list would be a crazy decision.
If we want to keep Bot on the senior list, and want to create another senior spot, then Fantasia would be the one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many games do we think Lord, Moir, BCampo and Pick 3 play next year?
Lots, but I'll break it down individually.
  • Pick 3 - Draper would walk into our starting midfield and play every game if fit.
  • Lord - I think he'll continue developing in the vfl but could play 10 games if he goes past Hewett and/or Cerra keeps getting injured.
  • Moir - preseason depending, he could play every game.
  • B. Campo - starts vfl but will get a look later in the year. Probably 5 or less games.

How many games do we think Lord, Moir, BCampo and Pick 3 play next year?
Plenty & my hope is from round 1 (BCampo excluded from that).
I would love to see them backed in & have the spots to lose & also given few game block to judge.
Given how the byes and schedule works these days give them good solid blocks (and rests if/when needed).
We know what the established players can do - they won’t lose that, the kids however have no ceiling & could thrive being challenged at the top level.
Nothing would make me happier than to see 3, Moir & Lord backed in.

my preference (post draft) is to keep Jack Carroll, delist Sam Durdin and ask Matt Carroll back for the SSP period.

Assuming we lose/trade38 and take pick 3, ben and lucas and upgrade boyd.

my preference (post draft) is to keep Jack Carroll, delist Sam Durdin and ask Matt Carroll back for the SSP period.

Assuming we lose/trade38 and take pick 3, ben and lucas and upgrade boyd.
I think I'm leaning towards delisting all. J. Carroll has had more than enough time to stake his claim and hasn't shown enough IMO. We need to make room in the midfield rotation for new blood. Also gives us another late pick in the draft to take a chance on a key back like Charlie McCartin. I think Austin said he wanted to take a minimum of 4 picks in the ND so I'm expecting all to get delisted.

I think I'm leaning towards delisting all. J. Carroll has had more than enough time to stake his claim and hasn't shown enough IMO. We need to make room in the midfield rotation for new blood. Also gives us another late pick in the draft to take a chance on a key back like Charlie McCartin. I think Austin said he wanted to take a minimum of 4 picks in the ND so I'm expecting all to get delisted.
Doesn't do a lot for us if we delist all. The extra pick we gain (89) won't be attached to any points.

Delist 2, and we likely take four picks at the draft (3, 38 + 2 x Campos). That pick 38 might be at ~55 if there's a bid on Ben before 38. We then either take a rookie or MSD pick, and have one free for the SSD.

It's certainly an option, but I'd prefer to keep him.

Personally, I'm team Draper at the moment, but I'm coming around to Finn O'Sullivan. All of this injuries have been bullshit fractures and things that are just bad luck, and although not being able to find the ball is a HUGE red flag to me, I need to remember that we're not at the start of the rebuild, he doesn't have to be the main mid, he just needs to bring a dynamic edge to our midfield and be that third mid. Walshy and Crippa are our accumulators, FOS just needs to be a dynamic presence around stoppage and a powerful mark around ground, which he should be, and our midfield is looking 10 times better.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back