List Mgmt. 2025 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

All Of Them GIF by MOODMAN
The whole nine yards!
"Greed is good"

Yeah probably, I’m not really a fan of either but I suppose whoever has the better season gets kept.
Both could get cut if a decent HBF is drafted at pick 14 or 30, and had a good first year. Or if one of the Irish lads shows promise.

I think Worner is a lucky boy he’s not OOC this year - Emmett definitely deserves to stay around ahead of him but he might well be cut.
The "Ultan of Swing" is on the boat.

Small forward is a massive weakness for us, definitely a need

It was just a risk with his body
I didn’t have a problem having a crack at Martin but I won’t lose any sleep that he isn’t coming. I did wonder if we were considering him for SSP rookie like Sharp and instead Geelong have offered DFA. He also wanted to stay in Vic.

Either way his body was a massive risk. Instead we likely re-sign Emmett to the rookie list. A forward like Martin with more defensive pressure but the complete opposite when comes to composure. At least Emmett seems durable and can get on the park.

I had a doctors appointment run an hour late so I thought Id count out how many vacancies we have as v had annoyed me for a hile. One things that I was confused over was the status of Voss and Sharp who were sgned on as SSP last season which means they count on the rookie list. Voss has been added to our rookie list for 2025 but Sharp is a rookie we can promote or keep as a rookie. It looks like Narkle will be rookied an SSP by the looks so Ive counted him on the rookie list and Bolton on the main list. You can have uo to six rookies and that doesnt include SSP signings.

By my count we have 32 players on our main list including Bolton.
We have Sharp who we can promote or keep on the rookie list in 2025.
We have one Cat B rookie in Draper outside of the main list, In 2025
clubs can have 3 Cat B rookies so an extra one. from 2024. Our two Irish players we
can bring both over I think. https://www.afl.com.au/about-afl/rookie-player
We currently have 3 rookies and what looks like a promise to rookie Narkle as an SSP meaning 4 rookies.
If we rookie Knobel and Emmett then we have to upgrade Sharp and take 3 picks to the draft. If we only rookie Knobel (eg delist and redraft) then we cab take 4 picks to the draft and keep Sharp as a rookie. If we promote Sharp rookie Emmett and Knobel we can take 2 picks in the draft so possibly combining our 4th and second rounder to a team looking for points.

Fremantle Playing List for 2024 - Draftguru

www.draftguru.com.au
www.draftguru.com.au
Hopefully this information is useful to someone. I id on paper while waiting for a doctor who not only ran massvely late but my appointment ran longer than expected so I got a parking fine.

Bit left-field but I wouldn't mind the idea of the club looking at Gary Rohan, more just to keep Sturt honest than anything, plus you know you've got an AFL quality medium forward sitting at Peel ready to go if required. Plus the benefit of coming from a quality football program at Geelong brings some knowledge with him too.
If we're "In the now"as Wallsy says then Rohan is an upgrade on Emmett IMO.

Bolton, Amiss, Freddie, Treacy, Jackson, Switta are all best 22.

Sturt, Walters, Banfield, Simpson are all fighting for one spot if everyone is fit so Sturt already needs to bring his best to get a gig.

While I don't really want Kelly, the melts if he came over for a 3rd rounder, and won a few flags would be brilliant.

I think he would be ok for our side.

Surely Kelly gets a better deal at WC and stays.

Kelly and JOM are the same age, would rather Brodie get a game than bring in Kelly.

Bolton, Amiss, Freddie, Treacy, Jackson, Switta are all best 22.

Sturt, Walters, Banfield, Simpson are all fighting for one spot if everyone is fit so Sturt already needs to bring his best to get a gig.
We all want Freddie in the best 22 especially teaming with Shai, but after a down year I also don’t mind the threat of Freddie being dropped if not performing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odin Jones should really be the one delisted. Speculative rookie pick that barely played all year cos of concussion issues and even then stuck in reserves.
He really did come on though late in the year.

Knobel is a must to keep. He can be anything if he finds consistency

I honestly am down with getting both of Narkle and Carroll, I think they'd be handy and offer more than most depth.

Carroll is still incredibly young too.

I don't think Knobel is ready to play AFL, not on a week in week out basis, but there could be some clubs that guarantee him games as the No 1 ruck at the next level so that might appeal, and some clubs might also think that they'll get another look at him again probably as an uncontracted rookie list player at the end of 2025 after another year of development. This all being dependent on them seeing him as a talent.

Carroll is interesting. Some Carlton fans think the club gave up too quickly on him, having started him as sub too much this year as a young developing player. The falling out may have been mutual though, as it's also suggested he was considering asking for a trade following Carlton's exit.

Either way the kid has some silky skills and is 22 in December. While he wouldn't be playing AFL for us much in 2025 he might be a useful addition.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back