Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

leave him in defence - forever
Reckon I said this all preseason, we have a 10 year CHB just set it and forget it...

Find genuine forwards to play forward and let Balta become the AA defender he can get to if he is developed there.

I was of the opinion we should leave him forward for the rest of the year, but Young's ACL kind of ****ed that idea.

Did look much more at home down back. Shaky early, but settled into his normal self as the game went on.
Has Young actually done an ACL? Any confirmation?

I think a great key back is better to have than a good key forward.
I don't necessarily agree. If I could choose only one of them, I'd currently prefer Lynch in and playing forward than Balta in playing back.

But yes, your point is valid when we're talking about a bloke who is a considerably more dangerous player when in the backline than in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed his kicking can be iffy, actually more his decision making.
But what a talent he is, some of his contested marking last night was brilliant in wet greasy conditions. He can get to contests so quickly with that speed.
I really hope he stays a Tiger, there’s not too many KPD with his athleticism and speed.
Wonder if Blight fits into a backline alongside Miller and Noah? That’d give Noah the licence to play in an even more attacking role. 3rd man up in contests, he’d be a contested marking beast.

Agreed his kicking can be iffy, actually more his decision making.
But what a talent he is, some of his contested marking last night was brilliant in wet greasy conditions. He can get to contests so quickly with that speed.
I really hope he stays a Tiger, there’s not too many KPD with his athleticism and speed.
Wonder if Blight fits into a backline alongside Miller and Noah? That’d give Noah the licence to play in an even more attacking role. 3rd man up in contests, he’d be a contested marking beast.
Imagine what he would be like if the coaches had left him down back, instead of persevering with the forward experiment. Went from being compared to a young Rance, to having a year or two of no defensive development. Now hopefully he can continue working on his defensive skills alone.

Oh just put down your decaf soy latte Tigs
Was going to add would we want him to stay...

secret smell GIF

He is flawed as a player. Decision making and execution makes it very hard to play him as a full back as his turnovers usually happen in very vulnerable positions for us to try and defend. But as a forward he just doesn’t have a forwards instinct. Makes the game look hard at times when it shouldn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back