21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

If reggie responds soon I think we're a big chance of sweeping right through to my next pick by the end of the night.

Does anyone have his emergency contact's details?

Last seen Today at 6:23 PM.

Quicker than I thought, I need a defender and had three in mind and they are all available.

Tricky to decide between them but I'll go with...

Craig Bolton

eth-dog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quicker than I thought, I need a defender and had three in mind and they are all available.

Tricky to decide between them but I'll go with...

Craig Bolton

eth-dog
Ooh, RUNVS won't be happy. Bolton is close to his favourite ever player and I'm certain he thought he would be available later on (hence going Taylor first).

We are picking based on performance up to date, not on potential are we?
My understanding is that we can project. I'm going to be picking some current players at some stage in lieu of proven players because while I've missed out on some elite key players there's every chance we will get one in the current lists

My understanding is that we can project. I'm going to be picking some current players at some stage in lieu of proven players because while I've missed out on some elite key players there's every chance we will get one in the current lists
Exactly what I thought too, hence the HR pick.

So, who's going to bump this thread in five years claiming the bragging rights??

Personally this early into the draft I'm avoiding picking players on projected value. Daicos I think is already proven, HR less so even if as a first year player you'd be shocked if he wasn't a gun.

But overall I'm happy to (mostly...never say never) stick with tried and true and highlight some under appreciated players from the past 30 years.

Personally this early into the draft I'm avoiding picking players on projected value. Daicos I think is already proven, HR less so even if as a first year player you'd be shocked if he wasn't a gun.

But overall I'm happy to (mostly...never say never) stick with tried and true and highlight some under appreciated players from the past 30 years.
I think there are players in the current system who are outperforming past players. I've got a few in mind. Some have played 50 games, some 150.

I think there are players in the current system who are outperforming past players. I've got a few in mind. Some have played 50 games, some 150.
Daicos (gone) and Sheezel (available) are the two that standout for me around 50 games. Taking Reid, Darcy etc. is where I'd draw the line.

Undoubtedly Gulden, Serong and Butters will go soon - probably fair enough. Walsh as well as a more mature player but still in his prime. All established so not what I'd count as "premature" picks projecting too much. I mean these are AA-certified players.

It's pointless pretending there's secrets and excluding the names, we aren't 5 or 95 year olds.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back