21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Tend to agree to some degree. I personally wouldn't have selected Reid and is why I picked Butters and Serong because they've shown they are elite and are both top 10 players RN and would be over the last 5 years. I think they've done enough to warrant being taken seriously just as much as Walsh and Daicos.
Multiple AA-ish level seasons is enough to have a healthy balance between projection/actual output, so these types of players I would be happy to include. Although I was almost certain others would use earlier picks on them than me so I wouldn't have to worry about them anyway, and that's fine.

Plus recency bias was always going to hit around this time. Current AA players were always likely to be swept up before very good players (who may have 1 or 2 AA but could easily have had more...or maybe unluckily missed out altogether) from 15-20 years ago.

Russell Robertson - incredibly under rated player who gets remembered for his massive leaps but should be remembered for his almost 2 goal a game average.

FB - Prestigiacomo -
HB - Lake -
C - - -
HF - Lucas Robertson
F - Fevola -
R Goodes - -
Int - - - -
Sub -

Russell Robertson - incredibly under rated player who gets remembered for his massive leaps but should be remembered for his almost 2 goal a game average.

FB - Prestigiacomo -
HB - Lake -
C - - -
HF - Lucas Robertson
F - Fevola -
R Goodes - -
Int - - - -
Sub -
Don't worry he was on my radar too. You already had the two tall key forwards and I suspected somebody who did would be the one to land Robertson as the medium/third tall. He was a very capable small full forward out of the goal square too.

Fremantle Dockers Pick 1 Summary

By Fremantle Football Club

Published: July 26, 2024

Why Nick Riewoldt?

In the hallowed halls of our club, where legends whisper and dreams take shape, we faced a pivotal choice. Our first pick in the alternate 1995–2024 AFL redraft—a decision that would echo through time. And there, amidst the whiteboards and stats, stood Nick Riewoldt.

Why him? It wasn’t just about numbers or highlight reels. It was about the intangibles—the heartbeat of a team, the fire in the eyes, the legacy etched into every contested mark. Rooey wasn’t merely a player; he was a saga waiting to be written in purple ink.

The Key Tall Forward: A Towering Presence

Picture this: Optus Stadium bathed in twilight, the crowd leaning forward, hearts racing. The ball arcs toward the forward line—a desperate kick, a moment of truth. And there’s Rooey, arms outstretched, defying gravity. Key tall forwards—they’re the architects of destiny. They create space, impose their will, and turn close games into triumphs. Rooey—the ultimate blueprint.

The Unique Appeal: Beyond the Stat Sheet

Sure, Rooey’s stats are staggering— 718 goals, five-time All-Australian from 336 games. But it’s more than that. It’s the way he moves—the balletic grace, the hunger in his eyes. His running patterns—like poetry on the field. He’s not just a forward; he’s a conductor, orchestrating chaos into symphony. And when he marks, the crowd holds its breath. Rooey—we chose you because you’re not a mere player; you’re an experience.

Holistic Skill Set: Goals, Leadership, and Heart

He kicks goals, yes. But he also kicks hope into the hearts of fans. Rooey’s leadership—eleven years as St Kilda’s captain—transcends tactics. It’s about rallying troops, inspiring resilience, and leading by example. Attitude—that’s the secret sauce. When the chips are down, Rooey lifts. When the rain lashes, he soars. And his heart—it beats for the game, for the jumper, for the roar of the crowd.

The Future Beckons: Rooey’s Legacy

So, what will Rooey bring to the Dockers? More than goals, more than marks. He’ll bring belief—the kind that turns underdogs into contenders. He’ll mentor the young guns—teaching them not just footy, but life. And when the purple sea surges, when the banner unfurls, Rooey will be our heartbeat—the legend who chose us, and in doing so, changed our destiny.

Title: “Nic Nat Unleashed: The Cult of the Ruck Titan”

By Fremantle Football Club

Published: July 26, 2024

Why Nic Naitanui?

In the dimly lit war room, where whiteboards bore battle scars and the air crackled with anticipation, we faced a choice. Our second pick—the heartbeat that would resonate through the purple veins of our club. And there, like a mythic figure emerging from the mist, stood Nic Naitanui.

The Versatile Ruckman: A Shapeshifter on the Field

Nic wasn’t just a ruckman; he was Proteus—the sea god who could change form at will. Picture this: Optus Stadium, the dew-kissed grass, and Nic rising like a colossus. His taps—precise as a watchmaker’s hand—sending our midfielders into a frenzy. But wait! He’s not done. Suddenly, he’s on the wing—sprinting like a cheetah, evading tackles, and launching pinpoint passes. Versatility? Nic redefined it. He was the Swiss Army knife of the oval.

The Cult of Nic Nat: Eviscerating Gravity

Let’s talk cults. Not the creepy kind with robes and secret handshakes. No, this was different. Nic Nat had disciples—the faithful who’d witnessed his miracles. His leap—eviscerating gravity itself—was their communion. They’d chant, “Nic! Nic! Nic!” as he soared, defying earthly constraints. His dreadlocks—part halo, part battle standard—swirled as he descended, marking the ball like a celestial decree. The crowd held its breath, then erupted. Nic Nat—the deity of the drop zone.

The Key Forward Void: Filling the Cosmic Gap

We had our key forward—the beacon in purple, the Rooey saga. But the ruck? Ah, that was a cosmic gap—a black hole yearning to be filled. Nic was our event horizon—the point of no return. His attributes? Imagine a fusion of thunder and silk. He’d tap to advantage, then pirouette like a ballet dancer. And when the ball spilled forward, he’d transform—no longer ruckman, but forward. Goals? Oh, he’d serve them like offerings to the footy gods.

Securing the Titan: A Race Against Fate

We knew. Nic wasn’t just a player; he was destiny wrapped in sinew. Other clubs hungered for him—their scouts whispering, “Nic Nat, the enigma.” We couldn’t risk missing out. So, we pounced—our recruiters weaving spells, our admin conjuring contracts. At pick 29, we secured him—the ruck titan, the cult figure. The Dockers faithful rejoiced. Rooey and Nic—the twin stars in our constellation.

The Future Beckons: Purple Thunderstorms

What will Nic bring? More than stats, more than wins. He’ll bring awe—the kind that rattles opponents’ bones. His leadership—silent, like thunderheads gathering. And when he leaps, the crowd will rise with him—believing in miracles, in Nic Nat’s gravity-defying gospel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well - You Bastards kind of ruined the surprise.

Anyhoo - WCE Pick 115
Sam Darcy

A 208cm, that's right, 208cm KPF.
The kid is an absolute freak!!! For such a young tall, to have a real impact so early, I'd go so far as to say he's potentially a generational talent. I can't recall seeing anyone like him in my 40 odd years of watching football. He really could be anything.

His first proper season. 1.7 goals a game, over 3 tackles for a giant and an innate ability to read the game. A real footballer if you will, along with being a very good athlete and an NBA C/PF height.
Also averages over two contest marks this year and over 6 contest possies.

Again...Based on projection. (Sorry to those who don't like it but it's part of why I wanted to play in the first place)

I'm pumped to get him.

Anyhoo - WCE Pick 115
Sam Darcy

The kid is an absolute freak!!! For such a young tall, to have a real impact so early, I'd go so far as to say he's potentially a generational talent. I can't recall seeing anyone like him in my 40 odd years of watching football. He really could be anything.

His first proper season. 1.7 goals a game, over 3 tackles for a giant and an innate ability to read the game. A real footballer if you will, along with being a very good athlete and an NBA C/PF height.

Again...Based on projection. (Sorry to those who don't like it but it's part of why I wanted to play in the first place)

I'm pumped to get him.
No hypocrisy there!

Anyhoo - WCE Pick 115
Sam Darcy

I'm pumped to get him.
Respect for sticking to your guns.

George Wardlaw and Ollie Dempsey have had very good seasons...

Anyhoo - WCE Pick 115
Sam Darcy

I'm pumped to get him.
FWIW that's fair enough, but don't complain when I don't vote for you :p

Respect for sticking to your guns.

George Wardlaw and Ollie Dempsey have had very good seasons...
Angry Shut Your Mouth GIF by King of Boys

The Collingwood Football Club welcome Dylan Grimes to their list.

3 time premiership player, All-Australian (plus 2 additional squads), Club Best and Fairest and Club Captain.

Can play on talls and smalls - extremely versatile defender who led the Tigers backline to two flags after the loss of Alex Rance.

Lingsface is often quick on the buzzer so if reggie picks soon I think you can get through both your picks within 15 mins. ;)
Yeah well I've sent my picks to GH just in case

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back