21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Well.

I guess I'll take the 2 time premiership player, 4 time best and fairest winner that also made the AA side twice in Peter Bell.

FB - Prestigiacomo -
HB - Lake -
C - - -
HF - Lucas Robertson
F - Fevola -
R Goodes Francou Bell
Int - - - -
Sub -

Fremantle select JHF
Jason HORNE Francis

Oh My GIF

Write ups before I go to sleep:

Pick 118: Kurt Tippett

Chose him because I really wanted to lock down the best key position trio inside 50. Imagine going to a game as the third best defender and having to play on a combination of Tippett and Brad Ottens? Three players have had a season of 30+ goals and averaging over 10 hitouts a game since the turn of the century. I have two, the third is ineligible due to debuting in 94 (Luke Darcy).

Pick 121: Connor Rozee

Now I can hear the "oh but you said you can't rate on potential" crew arking up already. However Rozee is a proven performer and a genuine star. I felt like I needed some more offensive power coming from my midfield with pace and skill, who wouldn't want Brownlow Medalist Jobe Watson dishing it to future Brownlow Medalist Connor Rozee coming out of the centre square, delivering it to one of my three gun talls?

Well.

I guess I'll take the 2 time premiership player, 4 time best and fairest winner that also made the AA side twice in Peter Bell.

FB - Prestigiacomo -
HB - Lake -
C - - -
HF - Lucas Robertson
F - Fevola -
R Goodes Francou Bell
Int - - - -
Sub -
Peter Bell was definitely in my shortlist.

Was hoping he will be available later on.

Chose him because I really wanted to lock down the best key position trio inside 50. Imagine going to a game as the third best defender and having to play on a combination of Tippett and Brad Ottens? Three players have had a season of 30+ goals and averaging over 10 hitouts a game since the turn of the century. I have two, the third is ineligible due to debuting in 94 (Luke Darcy).

Now I can hear the "oh but you said you can't rate on potential" crew arking up already. However Rozee is a proven performer and a genuine star. I felt like I needed some more offensive power coming from my midfield with pace and skill, who wouldn't want Brownlow Medalist Jobe Watson dishing it to future Brownlow Medalist Connor Rozee coming out of the centre square, delivering it to one of my three gun talls?
Literally nobody was going to ark up at this.

Pick 126 - Windrunners - Brendon Goddard

300 game 2xAA underrated superstar who I was sure would be gone by my next pick. 193cm mobile jet who can play in defence, up forward or in the midfield and dominate.
We also very much appreciate his low tolerance for his team mates eating sugary sweets and his ability to point out the flaws in his fellow Windrunners.

FB ? - Weitering - ?
HB Enright - ? - Goddard
C ? - Parker - ?
R Gawn - Pendlebury - Merrett
HF ? - ? - ?
FF ? - Walker - ?

RedmanWasHere you're up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 126 - Windrunners - Brendon Goddard

300 game 2xAA underrated superstar who I was sure would be gone by my next pick. 193cm mobile jet who can play in defence, up forward or in the midfield and dominate.
We also very much appreciate his low tolerance for his team mates eating sugary sweets and his ability to point out the flaws in his fellow Windrunners.

RedmanWasHere

Haha - when Errol was just taken, I went back to the drawing board, came up with Goddard and returned to the thread.

After 120 picks, you'd think we wouldn't all still be looking at the same names.

Haha - when Errol was just taken, I went back to the drawing board, came up with Goddard and returned to the thread.

After 120 picks, you'd think we wouldn't all still be looking at the same names.
I'm sort of surprised players like Goddard and Shaw even made it this far, given that in utility and half back stakes respectively they weren't far off "best in class".

Staying with the 2019 AFLM draft like I did with Green, I've got 2 names in mind for this pick.

Hoping the other falls to mine later on, I'm playing it safe here with NOAH ANDERSON.

Guardian Hawk.

Over to you boss.

After the players I was going to pick up have just been taken, I am quite unsure about this pick as I've just landed on this player (and whether it's a bit early as well).....

but with Pick 128, Hawthorn selects Rory Laird.

This pick allows for flexibility with who is available later to play either in the midfield or on a half back flank. For those who might question his merits, as a half back, Laird made the AA squad in 2015, the AA squad again in 2016, the team in 2017, the team again in 2018. When he moved to the midfield, he won the B&F in 2021 and made the AA squad and won the B&F again in 2022, again making the squad.

That's 6 squad selections and he is still going.

No doubt on Rozee. Guy can play mid, fwd. You got a gun there

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back