Cappodocia update:

FB: -- C Bolton --
HB:
C: Sidebottom -- Bartel --
HF: -- J Cameron --
FF: -- Larkey --
R: Primus -- Fyfe -- Swan
Int:

Very pleased with a stacked midfield and two high quality key forwards. I was hoping James Clement might have been such an understated player that be might have slipped through to my next pick but it's tough with the late picks. There is another key defender that I was actually considering when I picked Bolton who is still available so maybe he will still be around next time with some luck.

Such a long wait for your picks when you're towards the end of the list! Not much point planning until it gets to within 5 or 6 selections. Though it is very enjoyable when a name gets taken that you don't really rate at all 😅
That's a hell of a midfield. Three Brownlow medallists and then one of the best wingmen of this entire period.

That's a hell of a midfield. Three Brownlow medallists and then one of the best wingmen of this entire period.

That has ended up being my strategy because I drew a low pick. I had Buddy and Gaz as the absolute A+ and then another 5 genuine superstars but pick 15 meant I was well out of contention for those players.

I figure load up in the mids and Primus was a gun, though not for as long as Cox, Gawn and a couple of others. Four Brownlows, a Norm Smith and a bunch of flags between Fyfe, Swan and Bartel and all elite in clearances means the ball should at least head in the right direction from the centre bounce more often than not. Cameron is the best KPF in recent years in my opinion and Larkey could be scary in a strong team.

Not much investment in defence yet but I think there are five or six outstanding and potentially underrated defenders still available. Hopefully a couple of them might be available over my next five or six picks 🤞

That has ended up being my strategy because I drew a low pick. I had Buddy and Gaz as the absolute A+ and then another 5 genuine superstars but pick 15 meant I was well out of contention for those players.

I figure load up in the mids and Primus was a gun, though not for as long as Cox, Gawn and a couple of others. Four Brownlows, a Norm Smith and a bunch of flags between Fyfe, Swan and Bartel and all elite in clearances means the ball should at least head in the right direction from the centre bounce more often than not. Cameron is the best KPF in recent years in my opinion and Larkey could be scary in a strong team.

Not much investment in defence yet but I think there are five or six outstanding and potentially underrated defenders still available. Hopefully a couple of them might be available over my next five or six picks 🤞

I have wondered what to do with Priddis and Cooney. Both are brownlow medalists but neither have been taken yet. Both were probably not the best midfielders in their brownlow medal years but they were very good, but Cooney especially has the problem if recency bias as his final 5 years or so were pretty poor due to a degenerative knee injury.

I have wondered what to do with Priddis and Cooney. Both are brownlow medalists but neither have been taken yet. Both were probably not the best midfielders in their brownlow medal years but they were very good, but Cooney especially has the problem if recency bias as his final 5 years or so were pretty poor due to a degenerative knee injury.
Neither would be stars today. Pass

Griffin would be a better option imo.

Preddis feels a bit like a sledge hammer. There is not a lot of finesse in his game, sort of like a James Worpel. It is sort of a see ball, get ball, hack ball forward sort of deal.
Some guy put out a video on Instagram or YT about Lachie Neale and why hes so good. Hes on the money. I think the two are a long way apart. I was thinking today about how much talent growth we have had in the last 7-8 years. I watched a Port Carlton game feom 2015 and a lot of those players wouldnt even make it to a list in 2024. Do you think Kane Cornes would be on a list today?

Some guy put out a video on Instagram or YT about Lachie Neale and why hes so good. Hes on the money. I think the two are a long way apart. I was thinking today about how much talent growth we have had in the last 7-8 years. I watched a Port Carlton game feom 2015 and a lot of those players wouldnt even make it to a list in 2024. Do you think Kane Cornes would be on a list today?

I think there has been a strong emphasise in the last 7 or 8 years about kicking efficiency. If a player can't kick then they are less likely to get a game than they ever were. It also isn't enough these days to be able to kick sideways and hit a target. To get through an oppositions defence a player needs to be accurate, so players that just hack it forward or kick and hope for the best are less desired than they have ever been.

This is a case where despite their Brownlow's I would still take Hannebery's career over both. He just had Parker, JPK and a very good supporting cast stealing votes during his prime.

I think there has been a strong emphasise in the last 7 or 8 years about kicking efficiency. If a player can't kick then they are less likely to get a game than they ever were. It also isn't enough these days to be able to kick sideways and hit a target. To get through an oppositions defence a player needs to be accurate, so players that just hack it forward or kick and hope for the best are less desired than they have ever been.
Depends on other attributes too. Clubs wouldnt be ignoring a Fyfe clone.

Loving the work going into invluding the original club as well-
East Fremantle up to 10 players.
Geelong Falcons 11 players.
Oakleigh Chargers not entering till 55 now have 10. (Is this a hot spot for young families in the early 2000's)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At whatever pick number Sydney is selecting Nick Dal Santo.
Classy ball user in the middle to complement JPK with Aker on the wing and Martin across Half Forward

YOU BASTARD!

He was gonna be my next pick after Anderson.

Melbourne select

Hayden McLean

Someone to assist in the ruck.

WilloTree

You're double up next.

Melbourne select

Hayden McLean

Someone to assist in the ruck.

WilloTree

You're double up next.
Gold Coast take David Wirrpanda (WC) and Phil Davis (GWS)

I'm really looking to give that back 6 a bit of umph here. Poor Lukey Mac has been sitting at the bar by himself for too long.

MarcMaverick

Melbourne Select

Andrew Brayshaw.

RUNVS

My first player (and probably not last player) linked to the Swans.

One of the best kicks in the AFL, and uses it to break through opposition defensive structures, a big bodied player who can play in quite a few positions including in the midfield, half forward and half back, Carlton select Jordan Dawson.

theasian you're up.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back