Hawthorn

FB: -- -- --
HB: -- McGovern Laird
C: -- Boak --
HF: Greene Tredrea --
FF: -- Gunston Matera
R: Cox Macrae Petracca

Last edited:

Not really but I'm finding myself thinking about these games with some sort of a vested interest given my selections.
Theres an interesting GWS player worth picking. Reckon he'll go very soon.

Kelli Joshson?

Whit Lachfield?

Cogson Stephiglio?
I'll just say it because it's not like people don't know what's going on.

Connor Idun vs Jack Sinclair

Both worthy of a spot at some stage

I'll just say it because it's not like people don't know what's going on.

Connor Idun vs Jack Sinclair

Both worthy of a spot at some stage
Oh Idun is a little interesting, still too projection-esque for my conservative views.

Any recent AA (Sinclair, Houston, Saad et al) is not exactly a hidden gem, they will all get mopped up in the next round or two I'd say.

Oh Idun is a little interesting, still too projection-esque for my conservative views.

Any recent AA (Sinclair, Houston, Saad et al) is not exactly a hidden gem, they will all get mopped up in the next round or two I'd say.
I think Sinclair is one of the most underappreciated players currently playing. Only from a general public perspective.

I chose Birchall over Houston only for accolades and long term proven stats but both were very similar players.

I am still kicking myself not picking up Nick Smith. He was in my plan, but I genuinely thought I could wait another few rounds as I did not think anyone would snap him up. A hugely underrated player, probably the best small defender of the 21st century.

I am still kicking myself not picking up Nick Smith. He was in my plan, but I genuinely thought I could wait another few rounds as I did not think anyone would snap him up. A hugely underrated player, probably the best small defender of the 21st century.
I still think there are some really good small defenders to snap up. I've got one that I might slot in depending on my balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but how long has it taken for Hogan to become a "solid" player?
I'd say in his first year.

44 goals and 12 goal assists - while hitting 13 disposals and 7 marks per game - in one of the worst sides of the last 40 years.

6.2, 6.7, 5.4 and 7.6 score involvement per game seasons as a baby lamb in those dreadful Melbourne sides.

Good enough?

--

P.S solid had a tinge of sarcasm. He's obviously been elite for the past couple of seasons after being so in his early days. Only the Freo gap years were below very good.

Pick 160 - Windrunners - Daniel Talia

2xAA, B&F winner and excellent no frills KPD.

Quite surprised he wasn’t picked up in the recent flurry of KPDs, especially with him going at pick 70 in the last draft! Pretty sure he wouldn’t have lasted more than a couple more picks anyway and sures up my defence nicely.

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: ? - Talia - Goddard
C: ? - Parker - ?
HF: ? - ? - ?
FF ? - Walker - ?
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Merrett
B: ? - ? - ? - ?

RedmanWasHere

Last edited:
Pick 160 - Windrunners - Darcy Moore

2xAA and premiership captain. Yes I’m picking another bloody Collingwood premiership captain. But seriously how was he not picked up in the latest flurry of KPDs? He’s not having his best year so perhaps it’s the recency bias kicking in here as well?

Fits my backline perfectly at CHB with his intercept marking, 1:1 ability and how he can contribute as third man up. Still a few nice KPDs on the board but worried they’ll all be gone by the time my next pick comes around!

HB: ? - Moore - Goddard
FF ? - Walker - ?

RedmanWasHere

Did Darcy Moore have a clone?

Pick 160 - Windrunners - Daniel Talia

2xAA, B&F winner and excellent no frills KPD.

Quite surprised he wasn’t picked up in the recent flurry of KPDs, especially with him going at pick 70 in the last draft! Pretty sure he wouldn’t have lasted more than a couple more picks anyway and sures up my defence nicely.

HB: ? - Talia - Goddard
FF ? - Walker - ?

RedmanWasHere
You're right. He wouldnt have lasted 2 more picks.

Also can't believe he lasted this long. I received a preference sheet with only his name about 80 picks ago but the poster pivoted.

I also was going to pick him ages ago but there were enough good KPDs left that I have waited. Unfortunately waited too long as I missed by 2.

You're right. He wouldnt have lasted 2 more picks.

Also can't believe he lasted this long. I received a preference sheet with only his name about 80 picks ago but the poster pivoted.

I also was going to pick him ages ago but there were enough good KPDs left that I have waited. Unfortunately waited too long as I missed by 2.
Yeah though I think RedmanWasHere might have taken him just before you too 😅

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back