21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Ooh, good pick. I was thinking about him for one of my next picks.

So you're saying I kill you eventually?

Tippett is extremely underrated tbh. Averaged a touch under 2 goals/game and 10 hitouts a game mostly playing as a combination of forward and ruck.
Yeah he was a handy player just winding you up.

Have done it many times
Yeah I just did a quick google search and found it. Your first pick would be mine in Warnie.

I wasn't sure about the whole historical thing. I'd prefer to have it capped from 70s or something.

Also I have 3 players who I am thinking of for my next 2 selections, though my next 2 selections are not for ages so I am just hoping they are around then :p

I am however pretty happy with how my team is shaping up.
Its getting to the point whee nominations might be personal. I'm wondering if anyone would have snapped up Adam Simpson.

I feel like there will be a ton like that. I've still got a few interesting picks to come that people have probably forgotten about.

Its getting to the point whee nominations might be personal. I'm wondering if anyone would have snapped up Adam Simpson.

I feel like there will be a ton like that. I've still got a few interesting picks to come that people have probably forgotten about.

To be honest I think people who know the B grade players of other teams best are likely to make a killing here. People who rely too much on the players of their own team are going to be at a disadvantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good pick. I imagine if it's capped at 70s. Bradman if not. Viv 3.
Sobers or Kallis 1. Both are legitimate stars with the bat or ball. Plus no Bradman rule is generally the go.

i was tempted to fill out my flanks, but i worry that one of the toughest, most relentless, focussed and determined inside mids i've ever seen would be off the board by the time my next pick comes around, so i'm going to plump for him here and select jack viney to maintain my brutal, relentless, physical attack around the centre contests

alongside lewis and hodge, alternating at half-back and ruck-rover, viney gives great defensive mid coverage as well as a sheer force of will to win the contest

i maintain that if he'd played in a good side for the course of his career, as opposed to a good side for the last three years, and had a better run with injury he'd be regarded as one of the best rovers the dees have ever had

B: ? - Steve May - Jake Lever
HB: Luke Hodge - Chris Tarrant - ?
C: ? - Sam Walsh - ?
HF: ? - Cam Mooney - ?
F: ? - Tom Lynch - Aaron Davey
Foll: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis - Jack Viney
I/c: ? - ? - ? - ?

i was tempted to fill out my flanks, but i worry that one of the toughest, most relentless, focussed and determined inside mids i've ever seen would be off the board by the time my next pick comes around, so i'm going to plump for him here and select jack viney to maintain my brutal, relentless, physical attack around the centre contests

alongside lewis and hodge, alternating at half-back and ruck-rover, viney gives great defensive mid coverage as well as a sheer force of will to win the contest

i maintain that if he'd played in a good side for the course of his career, as opposed to a good side for the last three years, and had a better run with injury he'd be regarded as one of the best rovers the dees have ever had

B: ? - Steve May - Jake Lever
HB: Luke Hodge - Chris Tarrant - ?
C: ? - Sam Walsh - ?
HF: ? - Cam Mooney - ?
F: ? - Tom Lynch - Aaron Davey
Foll: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis - Jack Viney
I/c: ? - ? - ? - ?
Damn it. I was hoping I'd get him.

Team update, been a few days and qualification of a few picks:

Sheezel - Why not get one of the best teenagers to ever player the game, a 19 year old currently averaging peak Steve Johnson and Robbie Gray numbers?

Byron - Fantastic footballer both forward and back, people forget how good he was as a HFF in his first 2 seasons at North also. Just a ridiculous highlight reel.

Yeo - If you are going to an Olympus type battle with the best of the best, I want someone who I consider to be one of the best two way defensive mids of the last 20 years. Just an absolute beast inside and someone that can also nullify the oppositions best with his defensive work around the stoppage.

1722213673165.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back