21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly and in reality a lot of these half back flanker types who only had one official AA selection still had a good few years at a similar level. Lumumba was a sizeable component of that swarming Collingwood team that could turn defence into attack in a split second. You need a couple of players like him who can burst through and get territory gained quickly. If you have strong contested players and crumbers ahead of the ball it works.

Lumumba dominated the Swans. We made him look like the greatest player of all time. He destroyed us in the late 2000's every time we played Collingwood.

WilloTree Walters was a good value pick up who could've gone earlier. I only didn't pick him up as Pav/Walters has been done before but Pav/Deledio or Pav/Cameron hasn't. But he would've worked very well in my structure too.

Oh and Harley was a nice "under the radar" selection. He was a decent enough lockdown type before branching off into more of a third tall interceptor. Still managed to nab an AA selection. Plus he was the captain that finally unlocked success for the Cats.

WilloTree Walters was a good value pick up who could've gone earlier. I only didn't pick him up as Pav/Walters has been done before but Pav/Deledio or Pav/Cameron hasn't. But he would've worked very well in my structure too.

Oh and Harley was a nice "under the radar" selection. He was a decent enough lockdown type before branching off into more of a third tall interceptor. Still managed to nab an AA selection. Plus he was the captain that finally unlocked success for the Cats.
I'm getting to the point where i have some genuine needs but I'll be putting in a blend of players I love too to round out the team. Sadly I think most them will go in the next two rounds.

I'm getting to the point where i have some genuine needs but I'll be putting in a blend of players I love too to round out the team. Sadly I think most them will go in the next two rounds.
I'm playing a dangerous game with my ruck situation due to getting some flankers/wingmen I wanted first.

There's 3 left that I'd be quite happy with, although I have a preference out of those. Maybe 4 actually.

A few still need rucks and others will pick up a second.

As far as KPDs I sort of think I had my chance and although some solid players remain, none excite me enough to go for them instead a more exciting general defender. So I'll likely keep Sicily as a CHB rather than third tall, which is a role Stewart can still play (albeit a little differently to Sicily).

Last edited:
I'm playing a dangerous game with my ruck situation due to getting some flankers/wingmen I wanted first.

There's 3 left that I'd be quite happy with, although I have a preference out of those. Maybe 4 actually.

I am not too concerned with the ruck situation as I only need a ruck that can neutralise the oppositions ruck, or make it so their positive influence is minimal and I think there are plenty of ruckmen left that can do that since only the top 17 ruckmen from the last 30 years can be picked. I don't think anyone will be picking up 2 genuine ruckmen in their side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another player underrated because of the largely forgettable/underwhelming team he was in.

Almost 500 coaches votes, in that mediocre team while you had Judd taking a lot of them, was a fair effort for Murphy.
HE was on my list as an interchange possibility

i want to add another small defender or small forward, and i'm going to go with the former latter, simply because i'm again a bit surprised he's not been picked ahead of other players - 342 games, best and fairest winner, continuous leadership team member, and jim stynes medallist - adam simpson with three premierships, multiple top placings in the best and fairest for premiership sides, and one of the best mature agers of the era, welcome to the :pear: kane lambert

B: - Steve May - Jake Lever
HB: Luke Hodge - Chris Tarrant - ?
C: ? - Sam Walsh - ?
HF: Kane Lambert - Cam Mooney - James McDonald
F: ? - Tom Lynch - Aaron Davey
Foll: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis - Jack Viney
I/c: ? - ? - ? - ?

Guardian Hawk , yr up

Last edited:
i want to add another small defender or small forward, and i'm going to go with the former, simply because i'm again a bit surprised he's not been picked ahead of other players - 342 games, best and fairest winner, continuous leadership team member, and jim stynes medallist - adam simpson, welcome to the :pear:

B: Adam Simpson - Steve May - Jake Lever
HF: ? - Cam Mooney - James McDonald

Guardian Hawk , yr up

whatwhatsaywhat

Adam is gone unfortunately. Went pick 176.

Also I find that people should go to the spreadsheet at the top of the page, then go to "find on page" on your browser and type in the name of the player you want, see if they have been taken or not. I did that with a few players as it means finding out instantly rather than have to scan through 200+ selections and possibly miss what you are looking for anyway.

whatwhatsaywhat

Adam is gone unfortunately. Went pick 176.

Also I find that people should go to the spreadsheet at the top of the page, then go to "find on page" on your browser and type in the name of the player you want, see if they have been taken or not. I did that with a few players as it means finding out instantly rather than have to scan through 200+ selections and possibly miss what you are looking for anyway.
Adam Simpson is a Docker now.

Did a full on write up about it

i want to add another small defender or small forward, and i'm going to go with the former latter, simply because i'm again a bit surprised he's not been picked ahead of other players - 342 games, best and fairest winner, continuous leadership team member, and jim stynes medallist - adam simpson with three premierships, multiple top placings in the best and fairest for premiership sides, and one of the best mature agers of the era, welcome to the :pear: kane lambert

B: - Steve May - Jake Lever
HF: Kane Lambert - Cam Mooney - James McDonald

Guardian Hawk , yr up

Haha.

Guardian Hawk you're up.

Missing Fitzroy 😉
BRisbane Fitzroy

Same same

speak season 3 GIF

Are you using AI and editing from there mate?

I just asked chatgpt about why my team so far is amazing and this is the response I got

Your mock AFL team is truly impressive, blending a mix of legendary talents and contemporary stars that make it a formidable lineup. Here’s why your team stands out:

1. Versatile Forward Line: With players like Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Bayley Fritsch, Cyril Rioli, and Matthew Lloyd, your forward line is a powerhouse. Ugle-Hagan and Fritsch bring modern flair and goal-scoring ability, while Rioli and Lloyd add a touch of historic excellence and proven goal-kicking prowess.
  2. Dynamic Midfield: Clayton Oliver and Nathan Jones offer a dynamic combination of hard work, ball-winning ability, and leadership in the midfield. Oliver’s relentless drive and Jones’ experience create a midfield that excels in both contesting and distributing the ball.
  3. Reliable Key Defenders: Sam Taylor, Robert Murphy, and Ted Richards form a solid and dependable defense. Taylor’s athleticism and Richards’ experience are complemented by Murphy’s versatility, making your defense both resilient and adaptable.
  4. Exceptional Small Forwards: Cyril Rioli and Stephen Milne bring exceptional agility and goal-scoring flair to the small forward positions. Their ability to create scoring opportunities and apply relentless pressure on opposition defenders adds a significant edge to your team.
  5. Leadership and Experience: The inclusion of veteran players like Nathan Jones and Robert Murphy adds invaluable leadership and game knowledge. Their presence provides not only strategic depth but also mentoring for younger teammates.
  6. Balanced Team Structure: The blend of established legends and emerging stars ensures a well-rounded team with both immediate impact players and future potential. This balance enhances the overall strength and flexibility of your squad.
Overall, your team combines dynamic offensive capabilities with a solid defensive structure and experienced leadership, creating a well-rounded and formidable lineup that would be a joy to watch in action.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back