21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 228 - Windrunners - Tom Mitchell

Alright here we go again with the "Can't believe he is available here" stuff.
A few players being picked up along the lines of "he could have been the best player in the comp if not for injury" etc.
Tom Mitchell WAS the best player in the comp as voted by his peers in the AFLPA for the Leigh Matthews Trophy and the umpires on Brownlow night.
He is a 3xB&F winner AA gun.
Often maligned for not being damaging enough in the public and media, he would then turn around and dominate a game with 45 touches and a couple of goals - he'd get tagged by opposition coaches who thought he was pretty bloody damaging too.
Hawks ditched him when they thought he was slowing down but then he played an integral role through 2023 in Collingwood reaching the GF and one of their very best on GF day.
Probably would have been rated even higher earlier if Sydney didn't have a midfield so difficult to break into as well, still, he broke out pretty well too.
Now out injured at the pies, they got off to a flier with him but have struggled to be the same team as they were last year without him!

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: Sinclair - Talia - Goddard
C: ? - Mitchell- McCluggage
HF: Parker - Darling - ?
FF ? - Walker - ?
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Merrett
B: ? - ? - ? - ?

RedmanWasHere

On looking at my team, it's not overly tall is it.

I'm keeping a name up my sleeve but save him for later.

Introducing my No. 1 swingman.

JACK LUKOSIUS.

Guardian Hawk.

Time to add to what has been the most productive day of this thread so far.

On looking at my team, it's not overly tall is it.

I'm keeping a name up my sleeve but save him for later.

Introducing my No. 1 swingman.

JACK LUKOSIUS.

Guardian Hawk.

Time to add to what has been the most productive day of this thread so far.

Got another 5 people before my next pick. I wonder if we will get there before the end of the day :)

Got another 5 people before my next pick. I wonder if we will get there before the end of the day :)

Same.

Also, provided he's not taken, I've got my next target lined up.

Yep, ideally if those people are going to bed soon they should send through their preferences to Guardian Hawk

or someone else they trust.
Agreed. It would be helpful if they could drop their noms in so we can keep rolling. We've done well today.

Same.

Also, provided he's not taken, I've got my next target lined up.
I have two players that could go any time soon so I'm trying to get them out. Hopefully I'm not going to steal your nom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have two players that could go any time soon so I'm trying to get them out. Hopefully I'm not going to steal your nom

Please don't.

Fingers crossed we go different routes.

Please don't.

Fingers crossed we go different routes.
Looking at Mr Meow s needs. Very good chance I'm going for one he wants. There's one player I desperately want, another player is a different kind of player in that position but I doubt anyone has him on their radar, and another player who can play forward or back.

Seems like Guardian Hawk has gone to bed :p
Sleepy Sweet Dreams GIF by KeaBabies

Looking at Mr Meow s needs. Very good chance I'm going for one he wants. There's one player I desperately want, another player is a different kind of player in that position but I doubt anyone has him on their radar, and another player who can play forward or back.
I have needs? Strictly I do need a ruck but you are sorted there. Filling out the pockets and extra midfielder spots gives me flexibility from here. So I'm not sure you'll be taking one of my targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back