21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I might have a sneaky Geelong pick hidden away.

Barry Stoneham if he was eligible.

Back Off Bitch GIF - Back Off Bitch - Discover & Share GIFs

well you better pick him next pick then because I'm picking him if he's available. Read between the lines and you could probably work out exactly who it is.

Human justification for Selecting Jeremy Howe for Fremantle

Comparing 4-5 similar players we chose Howe for the following reasons
  • Versatility, can play forward or back
  • Contested Marks were a significant factor, the trade off was less disposals, and less run forward from defense but How backs up as a solid interceptor with his contested marking skills.
  • Proven consistency over a number of years
  • Longevity
We didn't think Howe would drop this far down the list, we were thinking by round 12-13 he would have been snapped up so we're happy to have taken him when we did.

I'd be shocked if a very athletic Geelong player lasts much longer, as much as that saddens me to say.
I can think of 12 players from Geelong. Mostly B+ players, some A- players

Anyone want me to add (C) for captain to any of their players?

I can think of 12 players from Geelong. Mostly B+ players, some A- players

Anyone want me to add (C) for captain to any of their players?

Mine please for S. Mitchell.

Who do you think was a better captain out of Pavlich and Selwood (accepting mere outsiders have no clue on these matters)?

Also Wingard to a forward flank please.
Yeah, I can't answer that question. Both exceptional leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so remember how i selected adam simpson, then a bunch of people noted 'he's long gone'?

yeah, i didn't mean to pick adam; i wanted kade simpson

that's the half-back / wing that i wanted to provide defensive coverage, forward run, great skill, leadership, a john nicholls medal, and a jim stynes medal

whoopsy!

kinda amazed he's still available given his 342 games, 138 goals as a rebounding half-back

B: ? - Steve May - Jake Lever
HB: Luke Hodge - Chris Tarrant - Kade Simpson
C: ? - Sam Walsh - Peter Burgoyne
HF: ? - Cam Mooney - Kane Lamber
F: ? - Tom Lynch - Aaron Davey
Foll: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis - Jack Viney
I/c: ? - ? - ? - ?

over to you, Guardian Hawk

Last edited:
so remember how i selected adam simpson, then a bunch of people noted 'he's long gone'?

that's the half-back / wing that i wanted to provide defensive coverage, forward run, great skill, leadership, a john nicholls medal, and a jim stynes medal

whoopsy!

kinda amazed he's still available given his 342 games, 138 goals as a rebounding half-back

HF: ? - Cam Mooney - ?
F: ? - Tom Lynch - ?
Foll: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis - ?

Great pick

whoopsy!

He was on my list of general defenders. Malceski just had a little more height/size/pace about him. But it was a close call between these two and another couple.

whoopsy!

Great choice. I feel the only reason he (and a few others like him) have lasted so long is that the half back flank is the 1 position with the deepest pool of high level players.

whoopsy!

He was my final defensive pick. Good get mate

With pick 247, Hawthorn selects.....Aaron Naughton.

After just missing the elite key forwards in the 3rd round, I've chosen to focus on other areas, content with Gunston at full forward. However, I'm happy to welcome a young key position player into the line up this late in the draft as good as Aaron. Still just 24, Aaron started very impressively at CHB, followed by 3 years averaging 47 goals as a forward. He is an elite contested mark and is one of the game's leading key forwards as far as assists go as well. Welcome to the Hawks, Aaron

Also, public shout out to Mr Meow for your team dynamic advice.

RedmanWasHere

With pick 247, Hawthorn selects.....Aaron Naughton.

After just missing the elite key forwards in the 3rd round, I've chosen to focus on other areas, content with Gunston at full forward. However, I'm happy to welcome a young key position player into the line up this late in the draft as good as Aaron. Still just 24, Aaron started very impressively at CHB, followed by 3 years averaging 47 goals as a forward. He is an elite contested mark and is one of the game's leading key forwards as far as assists go as well. Welcome to the Hawks, Aaron

Also, public shout out to Mr Meow for your team dynamic advice.

RedmanWasHere

DAMN!

Astronaught falls due to sudden reacquaintance with gravity.

DAMN!

Astronaught falls due to sudden reacquaintance with gravity.
I have to admit I'm surprised you didn't take Naughton over Lukosious, letting you move Bradshaw to third tall status.

Naughton is one of the most under appreciated forwards in the AFL. Has had elite scoring metric numbers for a while now, can take a big grab and is good when the ball hits the deck.

I have to admit I'm surprised you didn't take Naughton over Lukosious, letting you move Bradshaw to third tall status.

Naughton is one of the most under appreciated forwards in the AFL. Has had elite scoring metric numbers for a while now, can take a big grab and is good when the ball hits the deck.

Naughton's always annoyed me as a player.

His goalkicking action is a car crash scene where you can't help but look.

Lukosius is more fluid for mine.

Twinkletoes movement emanates from Luko.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back