21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't get it.

The more rucks that are taken, the less they become a priority for those without them.

Whereas there was a very good chance Malceski and Miller would be gone soon after I took them.
Unless I need a versatile forward ruck who can play any position

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

If you guys want to load up on land of the giants, that's your prerogative. Some of us have more style and creativity.
Why do you think I wanted hard nosed 300 gamer Shannon Grant. Guy could iterally play every position on the field bar ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane Edwards
Very underrated player - capable on the wing, at stoppages or on a forward flank. Epitomised what that relentless Richmond side was all about. One of the several forgotten about, with people focussing on their top 5 players. But in reality Edwards did at least as much as Cotchin in pure playing terms during their successful period.

With the next pick, Carlton selects....Ben Cunnington.

MarcMaverick

Melbournes next pick is

Mark Blicavs

WilloTree you're double-up next.

Melbournes next pick is

Mark Blicavs

This is the Cat I was talking about.

B&F winner as an undersized ruckman one year and a KPD the other (who was elite at stopping forwards for the couple of years he was back there). Then AA as a contested midfielder in a premiership year. Capable enough on the wing just to cap it off.

Blicavs gives you coverage anywhere on the field besides up forward. Very good at all the defensive running and 1%ers. A player who is much more effective than a stats sheet would ever tell you. Great pick.

This is the Cat I was talking about.

B&F winner as an undersized ruckman one year and a KPD the other (who was elite at stopping forwards for the couple of years he was back there). Then AA as a contested midfielder in a premiership year. Capable enough on the wing just to cap it off.

Blicavs gives you coverage anywhere on the field besides up forward. Very good at all the defensive running and 1%ers. A player who is much more effective than a stats sheet would ever tell you. Great pick.
One of my favourite players. Love how versatile he is for that exact reasons.

Melbournes next pick is

Mark Blicavs

Gold Coast select Sam Docherty and Jordan DeGoey.

Doc compliments our back 6 really well. He's that high possession rebounding type we think will add to the mix. We understand he's had some injury issues, but his ability when on the park is outstanding. And, with Jordan we were looking for a match-winner. Someone with off-the-charts footy ability and freakish talent. We think Jordey fits that and will slot in nicely alongside Daisy and Buddy across half-forward.

Back to you MarcMaverick

Gold Coast select Sam Docherty and Jordan DeGoey.

Doc compliments our back 6 really well. He's that high possession rebounding type we think will add to the mix. We understand he's had some injury issues, but his ability when on the park is outstanding. And, with Jordan we were looking for a match-winner. Someone with off-the-charts footy ability and freakish talent. We think Jordey fits that and will slot in nicely alongside Daisy and Baddy across half-forward.

Back to you MarcMaverick
I did want Docherty for my other back flank, then I could have sent the rebound 50 machine (for a few years he really was) Malceski to a back pocket. But there were less strong forwards and inside mids left. JDG is a decent enough version of the latter, moreso in finals. Was great and very important in their premiership last year. Frustrating under deliverance on potential otherwise at times, but we are at the point in the draft where these caveats will occur.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back