21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Demons select

Cam Raynor

RUNVS

I am busy filling my bench of players who I technically don't need but very much want. I am going after a somewhat unusual player here but he is as fast as you will get in the AFL and probably one of the best field kicks we will ever see in the AFL.

Carlton select Lewis Jetta.

Also I know that I have stacked my forward line with small's and medium sort of players, and I love my half back line with Murphy and Rich but I also know that my midfield lacks a bit of class compared to some other teams so to combat that I have just stacked the midfield with clearance beasts :p

SYDNEY Select the triple premiership tall poppy

Paul Puopolo.

My small and medium forwards are full of match winning ability and freakishness but not a defensive bone among them.

Poppy to be the one man chase and pressure act.

Westside Pavlovas select Nick Vlastuin.

I'd go as far as saying he's one of the most underrated defenders of this entire period. Desperately unlucky not to receive an AA selection and not be included in more squads of 40. Came 3rd and 4th in the Tigers B&Fs in premiership seasons. Locked down Eddie Betts in a grand final. Can also ably operate as a third tall or spare man in defence and for our team this is key, as it means we can release Stewart for midfield rotations while still having our intercepting/rebounding coverage.

Vlastuin is top 5 for intercepts across the league the past 3 seasons and has spent his career repelling attacks from his defensive 50. 3.2 score involvements per game for a player who is actually capable at defending is very commendable too.

FB: N.Vlastuin J.Frawley T.Stewart
HB: H.Lumumba J.Sicily N.Malceski

C: A.Embley S.Goodwin D.Hannebery
FOL: -- T.Miller J.Selwood

HF: B.Harvey M.Pavlich B.Deledio
FF: C.Wingard J.Hogan C.Cameron

Purple7x08_24 you're up.

Pick #278 Mabior Chol

Rounding out the last selections in the draft we realized the importance of a versatile tall forward who could take on occasional ruck duties while Naitanui rested. We desired a player with the characteristics that define the Fremantle Dockers and descend on greatness. On the field, Mabior provides a competitiive 3rd tall option up forward with strong hands overhead and precision in front of goal. He also brings versatility in the ruck to take the burden off Nic. Mabior brings characteristics that extend beyond statistics and key metrics, chiefly the holistic things that forge strong relationships. These being strength, resilience and courage. We welcome Mabior to the Dockers and look forward to his contribution and growth at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just submitting your pick Purps.

Also, I wrote in an earlier post that Nick Vlastuin had been selected. I must have misread. Oh well, I'm still more than happy with Saad.

Going to bed now so will pick in the morning.

Was just submitting your pick Purps.

Also, I wrote in an earlier post that Nick Vlastuin had been selected. I must have misread. Oh well, I'm still more than happy with Saad.

Going to bed now so will pick in the morning.
Oh I remember that post! At the time I thought you meant those were the other defenders you were considering, not the ones that were gone. So I was wondering if, even after bringing him up, whether people were dismissive of Vlastuin for whatever reason. He is/was every bit as good as Houli (slightly different attributes) who went a lot earlier. An absolute beast in his own defensive 50. Suits the modern game perfectly with his capacity to turn defensive contests into scoring chains.

Thankful I got him but conflicted on how it happened now.

Pick #278 Mabior Chol

Rounding out the last selections in the draft we realized the importance of a versatile tall forward who could take on occasional ruck duties while Naitanui rested. We desired a player with the characteristics that define the Fremantle Dockers and descend on greatness. On the field, Mabior provides a competitiive 3rd tall option up forward with strong hands overhead and precision in front of goal. He also brings versatility in the ruck to take the burden off Nic. Mabior brings characteristics that extend beyond statistics and key metrics, chiefly the holistic things that forge strong relationships. These being strength, resilience and courage. We welcome Mabior to the Dockers and look forward to his contribution and growth at the club.
You want a soft key forward who's had one good year?

Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back