21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

i wasn't actually intending on picking him next, but given that the next selector has already mentioned him, i'm a titch nervous that someone who i regard as one of the best small lock-down defenders i've ever seen might suddenly be off the board, i'm going with him now...

neville jetta

his first few seasons as a small forward were...super ordinary

but from the moment he got another chance under paul roos and re-tooled a a small defender he was, quite simply, incredible - that he was never selected as an all oztrayan in 2018 was a disgrace; he might not have provided the rebound of the likes of laird, but he was the best lock-down small defender in the competition

some of his 1:1 contested work against some of the most skilful players in the competition was extraordinary

B: Neville Jetta - Steven May - Jake Lever
HB: Luke Hodge - Chris Tarrant - Kade Simpson
C: Daniel Wells - Sam Walsh - Peter Burgoyne
HF: Kane Lambert - Cameron Mooney - James McDonald
F: ? - Tom Lynch - Aaron Davey
Foll: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis - Jack Viney
I/c: ? - ? - ? - ?

Guardian Hawk , yr up

Ok, so for the balance of my midfield, I'm keen on a defensive player to compliment my wealth of extractors and attacking threats.

As such, I am going for the guy who started as a tagger and averages more tackles than anyone in the history of the game at over 7 per match!

It's an added bonus that he is also a dual best and fairest winning, dual All Australian that has finished top 5 in the Brownlow twice and is captain of his club.

Welcome to Hawthorn....Jack Steele (who at a pick in the late 200's, is indeed a bit of a steal :))

RedmanWasHere

Pick 283 -Windrunners - Cody Weightman

This pick is a little on what he has done and a little on projection.
At the age of 23 he is already one of the best small forwards in the comp, building up toward the 2 goal a game avg, can take a speccy, kick a goal from the boundary and shrug into a high tackle all very nicely.

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: Sinclair - Talia - Goddard
C: Merrett - Mitchell- McCluggage
HF: Parker - Darling - B. Green
FF ? - Walker - Weightman
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Thompson
B: ? - ? - ? - ?

boncer34 you’re up

This pick will no doubt be seen as controversial but much like Cooney I believe this guy was a gun who's peak was short lived due to cruel injuries.

Matthew Kreuzer

FB - Prestigiacomo Smith
HB Jones Lake Houli
C Cooney Priddis Kelly
HF Bell Lucas Goodes
F Robertson Fevola Pickett
R Kreuzer Francou Brayshaw
Int - - - -
Sub -

ArdentEagle

Needing another small forward, I look to the NT for some inspiration.

A clutch goalkicker is what I need.

ZAC BAILEY.

PhoenixBonez is up.
I chose Fly over Bailey but I was going to select him with my next pick. I went for experience and leadership

You want a soft key forward who's had one good year?
Hes a tall can hit up in the ruck and is tracking on par with other 3rd forwards like Georgeades.

I also needed to cover Richmond and GC

Im comfortable with my pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now I am a little shocked that Jude Bolton has not been taken.
I had him, Mills and Jason Johnson all very close for that pick

With pick #286, Collingwood are going for yet another Oakleigh Chargers product - I'll never forget what this player did to us in the 2018 Grand Final.

West Coast Club Captain for four years, multiple Best and Fairest winner, and 2018 premiership player and Norm Smith Medallist - Luke Shuey will run up and down the Collingwood wing for the next 15 seasons, and be an amazing partner in crime to Errol Gulden on the opposite wing.

Welcome to Collingwood, Luke Shuey.

With pick #286, Collingwood are going for yet another Oakleigh Chargers product - I'll never forget what this player did to us in the 2018 Grand Final.

West Coast Club Captain for four years, multiple Best and Fairest winner, and 2018 premiership player and Norm Smith Medallist - Luke Shuey will run up and down the Collingwood wing for the next 15 seasons, and be an amazing partner with Errol Gulden on the opposite wing.

Solid pick. I had him as a int

Please let reggie be around or for Guardian Hawk to have his pick
Are you always this impatient
Whats Up Stare GIF by NBA

I have really enjoyed following this thread, great idea.👏👏

It would be fantastic to get a single post with all the teams listed when the draft is done and dusted so we could compare and vote on the best side, via a Poll if possible... see who is Big Footy's best recruiter/list manager.

I have really enjoyed following this thread, great idea.👏👏

It would be fantastic to get a single post with all the teams listed when the draft is done and dusted so we could compare and vote on the best side, via a Poll if possible... see who is Big Footy's best recruiter/list manager.
Top of page has the google sheet.

Im wondering if we could put it up on Google Forms and put it in the main forum. Averages will override bias

West Coast Club Captain for four years, multiple Best and Fairest winner, and 2018 premiership player and Norm Smith Medallist - Luke Shuey will run up and down the Collingwood wing for the next 15 seasons, and be an amazing partner in crime to Errol Gulden on the opposite wing.

Ahh I was eyeing him off for next pick a very solid player.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back