My team so far

FB: N.Vlastuin J.Frawley T.Stewart
HB: H.Lumumba J.Sicily N.Malceski

C: A.Embley S.Goodwin D.Hannebery
FOL: -- T.Miller J.Selwood

HF: B.Harvey M.Pavlich B.Deledio
FF: C.Wingard J.Hogan C.Cameron

IC: L.Davies-Uniacke J.Harbrow

I obviously still need a ruck. Then a forward. Maybe I'll round it out with another midfielder and then an all round utility.

damn! typical crom, ruining everything...

this is what i get for doing a late night selection...

i'm going with my alterna-strategy that will become obvious then, and picking jacob van rooyen

i truly believe he's got the capacity to be one of the best key forwards in the game for the next decade, and is the best forward prospect i've seen at the dees since jesse hogan burst onto the scene

yr up again Guardian Hawk

damn! typical crom, ruining everything...

this is what i get for doing a late night selection...

i'm going with my alterna-strategy that will become obvious then, and picking jacob van rooyen

i truly believe he's got the capacity to be one of the best key forwards in the game for the next decade, and is the best forward prospect i've seen at the dees since jesse hogan burst onto the scene

yr up again Guardian Hawk
Careful. If you ask RUNVS then Hogan did not burst onto the season, and instead took a decade to become "a solid player".

Not sure how this'd go but, next year, I'll wanna do a 19 club mock draft with 44-46 names each for it to take place over 2-3 months here.

Do 1986-present plus 1981-82.

The thing with 1986-present is, with research, do not pick up players who debuted before 1987 (from the 1986-present era) but 1981-82 is a free for all.
ELI5

Ive set up a cricket draft in the cricket forum if anyones keen

Last edited:
Hi all.

I'm going a versatile big man to fill holes, give a chop out in the ruck and create mismatches in the forward line.

One of the few players to have 100+ hitouts and 30+ goals in a season, and he did for 5 straight years (averaging 37 a year)!

Then spent less time in the ruck late and had multiple 50+ goal seasons. Can play back too and roost a goal from 70+

Hawthorn selects Anthony Rocca

RedmanWasHere

I never said he was a bad player, just that he had a few too many down years for my taste.
Plus Hogan was way too Jekkyl and Hyde and inconsistent in his early years. When he was on, he was unstoppable. When he was off he was invisible.

Hi all.

I'm going a versatile big man to fill holes, give a chop out in the ruck and create mismatches in the forward line.

One of the few players to have 100+ hitouts and 30+ goals in a season, and he did for 5 straight years (averaging 37 a year)!

Then spent less time in the ruck late and had multiple 50+ goal seasons. Can play back too and roost a goal from 70+

Hawthorn selects Anthony Rocca

RedmanWasHere
This was my next selection well done to you.

It's appropriate that PhoenixBonez has a photo of Dustin Fletcher given my next selection.

I'm going for a small defender with my next pick.

Reading up on Ken Fletcher a long time ago and him talking about his links to wars past, a familiar name was mentioned in this article in the AFL RECORD.

The familiar name was Ken's 1st cousin 1x removed and, thus, Dustin Fletcher's second cousin.

Francis Cawley is the link between the Fletchers and this guy.

Playing 194 consecutive games from debut and only managing another 29 more, welcome aboard JARED CROUCH.

Okay - I'm back from my convention and hung over AF today.
Always good when the suppliers want to spoil you.

Now ****ing hurry up so I can have my pick.

Thanks to purps for submitting my picks while I was gone.

I wanted Stiffy as he had everything I was looking for. Quick, highly skilled, one touch and versatility and a bit of x factor.

Max Hudghton as my 2nd tall defender....I think people might have forgotten just how good he was.
Absolute rock in defence who almost never his colours lowered...Even playing on the biggest names.

My team is fap worthy thus far

1722737060256.png

This was my next selection well done to you.

Obviously I ended up going more of a forward ruck in Rocca as it suits my structure a little better with Cox capable of rucking all game and a slightly smaller forward line but I gave serious consideration to a pure ruck still available that would dominate ad a 2nd ruck.

He was All Australian, won multiple B&Fs and was arguably the best ruck in the game for a period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 317 -Windrunners - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

Adding pace and pressure to a forward line that already has 2 of the best pressure KPFs in the game is going to cause defenders a headache.
Also good overhead for his height and an exceptional shot on goal.

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: Sinclair - Talia - Goddard
C: Merrett - Mitchell- McCluggage
HF: Parker - Darling - B. Green
FF McDonald-Tipungwuti - Walker - Weightman
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Thompson
B: Griffen - ? - ? - ?

boncer34

Last edited:

Adding pace and pressure to a forward line that already has 2 of the best pressure KPFs in the game is going to cause defenders a headache.

FF McDoanld-Tipingwuti - Walker - Weightman

boncer34

A guy with a simple goalkicking action.

Walla makes it easy so why not emulate him?

Time to go full nuff and pick favourites.

Andrew Lovett

FB Kelly Prestigiacomo Smith
HB Jones Lake Houli
C Cooney Priddis Lovett
HF Bell Lucas Goodes
F Robertson Fevola Pickett
R Kreuzer Francou Brayshaw
Int Haselby - - -
Sub -

Plus Hogan was way too Jekkyl and Hyde and inconsistent in his early years. When he was on, he was unstoppable. When he was off he was invisible.
I'd say being unstoppable even in some games was an incredible effort in that Melbourne side. Plug early days Hogan even into your current side and his goal tallies would've been exceptional. They were still strong.

FF McDoanld-Tipingwuti - Walker - Weightman

boncer34
Really like that midfield, is Mitchell Tom or Sam?

If it's Sam that is just about the best midfield selected in this thread.

Really like that midfield, is Mitchell Tom or Sam?

If it's Sam that is just about the best midfield selected in this thread.

He's got Tom.

I have Sam.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back